• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gold Mines

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Devs have been promising a solution to the problem of deleted inactive neighbors.
It was suggested that there would be a new immigration policy in V 1.5 or 1.6.

Game version 1.7 introduces Gold Mines - which are a partial fix:
They give some coins for an otherwise empty space on the map - which will be most welcome to 'noobs' who are dependent on the map for coin income.
The bad news is that you appear to get only ½ the coins you would from a normal visit!
And the Gold Mines have done absolutely nothing to solve the problem of having few active players to playTournaments with...

I wonder if the Gold Mine is the Devs' best offer?
What we have discussed on the Forum is a 'sliding' system, where active players move towards the centre of the board, and inactive ones move out to the periphery.

If you look at a row on the world map, the provinces are Dust, Scrolls, Steel, Elixir, Crystal, Marble, Gems, Silk, Planks - in a never-ending repeated invariable line.
So there are only nine possible combinations that any player can have.

What has been suggested is that on each line, when a spot becomes vacant on either side of the center line, that the highest player with the appropriate combination of Goods should move inwards to fill the place.
Eventually, all the good, active players would gravitate to the center of the board - and active players would be guaranteed active neighbors.
The catch of course is that moving players, you lose your established friends...

Small price to pay!
You'd get new friends to make - and who knows, the old friends might follow you in time and you will meet again! In the meantime, if they are REALLY good friends, you could carry on a messaged conversation with them...

What does everyone think of that?

079.jpg

DeletedUser627

I think I wish they'd phase out every aspect of the Neighborhood system and make it vestigial.

Even if we were to be moved into busier areas of the map - the result remains random. Some players will be better placed than others. Tournaments are already turning out to be a factor in overall rank (which I predicted and opposed). How frustrating will it be when I see myself consistently falling in the ranks simply because I ended up with fewer good neighbors?

DeletedUser43

The catch of course is that moving players, you lose your established friends...

And you decimate already decimated neighborhoods even further.

How frustrating will it be when I see myself consistently falling in the ranks simply because I ended up with fewer good neighbors?

The only thing that having neighbors helps you with in the tournaments are those stupid checkpoint "rewards". They are so lame they aren't worth mentioning. No one will ever hit checkpoint six and that is the only one that is worth anything. Getting a few more relics here and there, which are the only rewards you get, are mostly useless. Soon we will all be at 700% max anyway.

maeter75

Had a bunch of inactives around me disappear tonight and they have been replaced by Gold Mines. I have to say I like gold mines! There are a lot of newer players near me and it was hard to tell which ones where worth visiting if they where still playing. Gold mines gives me gold quickly (even if less) and eliminates old inactives. It works in my case but I can see where it would not.

DeletedUser1440

I agree with Sly. I can't believe there are MORE goldmines in my completed Provinces than yesterday!!! Now over 54% of my EARNED rewards are unavailable (materials) That Great Bell Spire AW is supposed to increase Neighborly Help Rewards..... I worked hard for that, and now you're taking away Neighbors, and replacing with HALF the coin, and NO additional rewards.

Shameful! Pitiful! Wrong! I have a suggestion....... FIX IT!

DeletedUser61

6/29 loss:
OK, but do please calculate how many extra Coins you have GAINED, over the past 15 months, because the developers were allowing the inactives to stick around for MORE than 30+ days. Right now the threshold on us1:Arendyll is right at 100 active days, but it's dropping rapidly now that they're skipping alternate rings and implementing Goldmines.

By comparison, BobbyKitty was stuck near the edge of the map. She's indicating that she now has a bunch of Goldmines where she USED to have vacant sectors.

SO, how many EXTRA Coins have you garnered over the past year?
  • If you're calculating your "losses" each day
  • It would be fair and reasonable to also indicate BobbyKitty's "gains" each day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eldenisa Tiege

OK, but do please calculate how many extra Coins you have GAINED, over the past 15 months, because the developers were allowing the inactives to stick around for MORE than 30+ days. Right now the threshold on us1:Arendyll is right at 100 active days, but it's dropping rapidly now that they're skipping alternate rings and implementing Goldmines.

By comparison, BobbyKitty was stuck near the edge of the map. She's indicating that she now has a bunch of Goldmines where she USED to have vacant sectors.

SO, how many EXTRA Coins have you garnered over the past year?
  • If you're calculating your "losses" each day
  • It would be fair and reasonable to also indicate BobbyKitty's "gains" each day.
I know this post is old (2016) but noticed it stated that Arendyll's threshold is 100 Active days.

On Ceravyn I've had neighbors who have been inactive for 2+ Years.

Maybe the Developers could do some housecleaning over here.

;->

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I know this post is old (2016) but noticed it stated that Arendyll's threshold is 100 Active days.

On Ceravyn I've had neighbors who have been inactive for 2+ Years.

Maybe the Developers could do some housecleaning over here.
If they are past chapter four (three?), or have purchased diamonds on their account, they are protected from ever being deleted by the current criteria.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I propose that these criteria need to be changed.
I agree with you as far as the ones past three or four chapters, if they don't play anymore, but those who have bought diamonds, I think that would bring up too many legal issues if they were deleted.

AtaguS

I agree with you as far as the ones past three or four chapters, if they don't play anymore, but those who have bought diamonds, I think that would bring up too many legal issues if they wer
e deleted.

A while ago I sent in a request asking that 3 of my cities be deleted - all chapter 1 and none which had spent diamonds...and was told they could not delete cities...are the ones that turn into gold mines just being sent to some no-man's land? On the other hand...the one city I do play in is in chapter 13 and has spent diamonds, so maybe it's a player-specific critera and not city-specific?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A while ago I sent in a request asking that 3 of my cities be deleted - all chapter 1 and none which had spent diamonds...and was told they could not delete cities...are the ones that turn into gold mines just being sent to some no-man's land? On the other hand...the one city I do play in is in chapter 13 and has spent diamonds, so maybe it's a player-specific critera and not city-specific?
You can delete your entire account, but not specific cities off it. The cities that vanish are handled by the software, not manual deletion. I've no doubt that the developers could delete specific cities if they wanted to, but if they do it once for someone, they will face thousands of requests which will drag them to their knees quickly.

AtaguS

You can delete your entire account, but not specific cities off it. The cities that vanish are handled by the software, not manual deletion. I've no doubt that the developers could delete specific cities if they wanted to, but if they do it once for someone, they will face thousands of requests which will drag them to their knees quickly.

Ah, ok. Fair enough then :) The developers do a great job, in my opinion, keeping up with the game as it is so no need to drag them down.
I only hope it isn't contributing to an imbalance of goods in a world to have un-played cities sitting out there with no hope of revival.

Eldenisa Tiege

If they are past chapter four (three?), or have purchased diamonds on their account, they are protected from ever being deleted by the current criteria.

Perhaps there is an alternative; When the players have been inactive for a year they could be sent to a new world called "Mandos", the dead awaiting revival. When/if they return they could be returned to their world and maybe even their "old" neighborhood. And the active players could continue to build their cities with "help" from their neighbors.

Just another suggestion, lol

Reference drawn from Tolkien Gateway:

Description
The Halls of Mandos stood on the northern shores of Valinor,[1] looking out across the Encircling Sea. They were said to grow in size as the World aged, and their walls were hung with the tapestries of Námo's spouse Vairë, depicting all the events of unfolding history.

It was to the Halls of Mandos that the spirits of Elves and Men were gathered to await their different fates, and so Mandos was given its name of the Halls of Awaiting.[2][note 1] After a time, the immortal Elves could be re-embodied, and return from the Halls to their kin in Aman. Men had a different fate, a fate which, even among the Lords of Valinor, only Mandos and Manwë truly understood. No one, however, not even Morgoth, could escape the Halls without Mandos' permission.[3]

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
If the account has bought diamonds all it's cities are "protected" from deletion for a period of 3 years. Since diamonds are shared between worlds all cities are "protected".

If you are F2P only cities from chapter 3 and above are protected, the rest is removed after 30 days

NightshadeCS

Ah, ok. Fair enough then :) The developers do a great job, in my opinion, keeping up with the game as it is so no need to drag them down.
I only hope it isn't contributing to an imbalance of goods in a world to have un-played cities sitting out there with no hope of revival.
If the account has bought diamonds all it's cities are "protected" from deletion for a period of 3 years. Since diamonds are shared between worlds all cities are "protected".

If you are F2P only cities from chapter 3 and above are protected, the rest is removed after 30 days

As an anecdotal example, I have two cities and have purchased diamonds. I accidentally clicked on another game world once, but left before even getting through the tutorial. It took very little time for that city to disappear, I would say a month or less (though I did not time it exactly).

I do not know what would have happened if I had gone through the tutorial.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
As an anecdotal example, I have two cities and have purchased diamonds. I accidentally clicked on another game world once, but left before even getting through the tutorial. It took very little time for that city to disappear, I would say a month or less (though I did not time it exactly).

I do not know what would have happened if I had gone through the tutorial.

I actually noticed as well that a city with 0 points was deleted after a much quicker time, guess they changed some of the parameters to remove those near zero point city's faster. tho the game rules stated 30 days.