• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Graphic problem

DeletedUser723

Hi:

I don't know whether this has been mentioned by anyone, and I apologize that I don't know how to do screen shots.

In firefox, cookies and cache cleared regularly, US2: C, B, MH LotosLand.

At the base of the cliff in the top row of elements, southwest from the little outcopping of rock at the base of the stairs, I have a house that should be "behind" the other landing in front by mistake. I have had different elements in that location, I have reorganized, I have experimented with placing the "top" one last, but nothing works. One image is always in front when it should be behind. Right now the problem is between the Floating Islands and the Steel Manufactory, if that helps you narrow it down.

Regards,
CassandraIlium

DeletedUser486

Hey, Lighshot helps a lot with the screenshot process. Check out their tutorials page if you need additional help.

On topic, did you have Hardware Acceleration enabled or disabled when you encountered your problem? Try a page refresh as well, see if it fixes the problem.

DeletedUser723

Thanks. I don't understand hardware acceleration, but refreshed. This problem has persisted for at least two weeks and is constant. I thought rearranging would address the issue, which I first noticed when I had Marble factories there. I have rearranged things several times since the problem began, and it persists no matter what is located on that part of the landscape. I have refreshed, restarted, cleared, etc. quite a few times, not specifically for that problem, as it doesn't interfere with gameplay. I just wondered if I am the only one with the problem. I'll check out the screenshot tutorials. Many thanks.

DeletedUser723

upload_2015-9-2_2-45-57.png

2015-09-02 2:43 AM - Screen Clipping

Full Screen too big to add. See how the pale house overlaps the darker house? That happens no matter what objects I put in that space. I have not tried to duplicate this in my human world US1 and I have not noticed the problem in Beta, but it didn't appear until I had played for a couple of weeks, and the other towns are younger.

Deleted User - 90

Did you try to clear your flash cache specifically? (not browser cache) This used to happen on Grepolis a lot when the cache would get corrupt. Does it happen in another browser?

DeletedUser61

Take a close look at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/6215-grafic-bug-in-town.3165/#post-26105 which is a very clear explanation of the steps needed to reproduce either the same bug, or at least a very similar bug. The entire thread is actually a pleasure to read, if you enjoy good troubleshooting.

The above bug is listed as being fixed mid-August, but the layering scheme is pretty complicated and, as you've observed, some of the overlays still aren't quite right. Good examples are exactly what the developers need to chase down this sort of problem.

DeletedUser723

Thanks, guys. I have figured out and cleared Adobe Flash. Then refreshed, but there is no change. I have looked for accelerator hardware in my control panel/display settings, and I don't seem to have one, at least with that name. In advanced display settings I see Intel graphics 3000. It refreshes at 60 Hz. Does this add useful information?

According to the beta forum, the bug occurred after a few visits. Mine is constant, and doesn't appear on screens I visit. Just mine. I haven't tried to replicate the problem in my human world, which is much younger. It is also not a blend of several levels of one building. If I move the objects and redeposit them, I do not solve the problem. I first noticed it when I had marble factories in that location. It is location specific.

Again, it doesn't interfere with gameplay, I just wondered if I am the only one with the problem and if is something developers want to know.

DeletedUser723

Just found hardware acceleration in the little gear icon in the game! It is off.

Edit: Turning it on fixed the problem!

Edit: Had to turn it off because my city disappeared after a visit. So the problem is back. I hope that helps developers with the layering.

Last edited by a moderator: