• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

greetings All, new to game and I need a bit of help

Taryn Krows

With getting a good stock pile of goods in short order so I can advance? like do research, do events and that kind of stuff. I've learned I can go to trader and go to wholesaler and get goods that way by paying for them, then wait until 24hrs goes by and do the same again. Do not want to spend money buying diamonds so if there's a way that this can be done then wonderful!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Yogi Dave

The most important aspect of gaining goods is trading with your FS, especially when you are a new player. Many FS's give new players trades at the 4:1 ratio instead of the 1:1 ratio. Talk to your FS about this. In my opinion they should be your support and make the offer, but every FS is different. The wholesaler is very expensive and should be used to get goods as a last resort.

shimmerfly

Welcome @Taryn Krows http://gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ is a good source of info as are the new player guides in the forum under "Questions and help" Or just ask!
If you can set your productions for a shorter time. ( 3 hrs) and collect them at that time you can make more suppies.
As Yogi Dave said your fellowship can help a lot with trading and the wholesaler should only be used once in a great while. Posting trades is a good way to get what you need but try to stay away from cross tiered trades. It's a slow game so patience is required too! Keep your questions coming. Someone here always helps.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
To get a good stock pile of goods is reasonably simple:
  • Make only your boosted goods - this will give you the most goods for the least cost in resources, space, people, etc.
  • Join a fellowship - This will make trading the boosted goods easy and give you access to fellowship activities like tournaments that will help you gain relics to get a bigger boost faster
  • Aim for 20 squares of production building up to a minimum of 40 squares once your space allows it. This number works for all goods, chapters, and races. So if a factory is 4 squares in size then build 5 of them (initially) to get 20 squares, if it is 6 in size then build 4 to get over the min 20 squares.
Two quick gotchas to watch out for
  • learn about scouting as doing to much too quick can burn through your goods
  • Don't rely on fellowship handouts (4:1) trades. Learn how to get your production right to sustain yourself. The handouts can be nice to give you a kick start, but it amazing how many times I find mid-late chapter players who never learnt how to sustain their town because of those handouts.
The game can be played without spending diamonds and as you progress there are several sources of free diamonds in-game that will help you buy some basic upgrades (builder, MA, expansions) that will help you.

Yogi Dave

Don't rely on fellowship handouts (4:1) trades. Learn how to get your production right to sustain yourself. The handouts can be nice to give you a kick start, but it amazing how many times I find mid-late chapter players who never learnt how to sustain their town because of those handouts.

This was something I realized after I'd posted and haven't had time to get back here until now. With a new player it's easy to over extend due to the free goods. So, as Mykan says, you need to learn how to balance your city for sustained growth. It's easy to end up really over-scouted and have the wrong building mix if given too many goods. This can lead to a worse frustration than the initial lack of goods. As mentioned, Gems of Knowledge has good information. It was Mykan's Guide in the game forum that started me on the right path. There's a link to it under in his signature.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I only use the wholesaler when I have too many coins and need to buy something. All other times, they are just too expensive. As others said, don't waste your space on anything but boosted goods. You can trade for the other stuff and even if you do three star trades, as I do, you can always come out ahead. (Don't sell yourself too short ... for example, I usually offer 1000 planks, my boosted goods, for 950 marble or steel, a 5 percent discount. Someone always trades with me pretty quickly and it's a lot easier than the wholesaler.) I don't usually run out any more and I'm fairly new, too (since October).