• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Guest Race Goods for Optional Techs?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Was it my imagination, or was there something a few months ago about changing all the optional techs to not require guest race goods?

I was looking back at chapters to see what I needed to complete to gain diplomas for the Cauldron (I have a habit of skipping the optional techs), when I noticed that City Expansion 39 in chapter 10 needed one of the guest race goods. I’d hate to have to not only rebuild the S&D portal but also waste a PP (or do those even work on previous portals??) just to finish the chapter. :/ Cauldron or not, I may want that expansion someday!
26D0BD90-76E0-4A79-B421-E27D512068B2.jpeg

Pheryll

Set Designer
Was it my imagination, or was there something a few months ago about changing all the optional techs to not require guest race goods?

Yes, optional techs were changed for many of the later chapters. I do not know what the deal with this technology is. Maybe too early for the staff to notice. At least it is early enough in the chapter that you would not need to upgrade the portal to research it, as many of the later chapter optional techs had requirements high enough to necessitate that.

As you might have surmised, Portal Profits do not produce guest race goods for previous chapters.

Silver Lady

I recently sent in a ticket on this exact tech because I thought the same thing as @MaidenFair. What I got back was in essence that the requirements for this tech were as intended.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmm
I guess the real question is, how many :diamond: would this cost if you filled in all the KPs?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Yes, optional techs were changed for many of the later chapters. I do not know what the deal with this technology is. Maybe too early for the staff to notice.
Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I’d seen that somewhere.

At least it is early enough in the chapter that you would not need to upgrade the portal to research it, as many of the later chapter optional techs had requirements high enough to necessitate that.
Yikes, no wonder it was changed.
As you might have surmised, Portal Profits do not produce guest race goods for previous chapters.
So I would have to not only rebuild the campus but one of the faculties as well. :oops: I guess I should be paying more attention while I’m still in chapters, haha.

I recently sent in a ticket on this exact tech because I thought the same thing as @MaidenFair. What I got back was in essence that the requirements for this tech were as intended.
Hmm, that’s not good. I’ll try putting in a bug report tomorrow, although I won’t get my hopes up. That would be a major headache to have to rebuild all that stuff...
Hmm
I guess the real question is, how many :diamond: would this cost if you filled in all the KPs?
…or use diamonds! :diamond::eek:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Well the reason that I suggested it, is you are looking at 4 buildings, the Square, the Campus, a Necro and an Arcane Faculty, to make Death Stars..

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Well the reason that I suggested it, is you are looking at 4 buildings, the Square, the Campus, a Necro and an Arcane Faculty, to make Death Stars..
Ugh, really? I portal profited through S&D, so I never paid much attention to the production progression. Def filing a bug report then. If it’s rejected, I’ll definitely look at the diamond cost as an option. Thanks for the heads up!

Rp44

I did go back and fill this in in one city last year some time. I completed that chapter long before the tournament changes involving expansions, so I'm not sure why I skipped it originally. I was probably in a hurry to finish the chapter before a FA. In any case, it was a little bit of a pain, but I was in between chapters anyway and it didn't take that long to finish it IIRC, maybe a week or so? I too thought it was wacky that this one optional tech was exempt from the change.