• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Guest race goods should not be necessary for optional research

ET-inf3rno

When somebody progresses to the next chapter, they will no longer be able to use the portal instants to finish optional researches from the previous chapter. For example at the end of chapter 16 there are 3 optional researches which require statues. The total statues required are 20k and the portal can store only 7.5k statues, so it is not possible to finish these optional researches from the next chapter unless the player builds back all guest race buildings from chapter 16. It would be nice if optional researches would require only normal or sentient goods, not something guest race related.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Wait, so after years and years they fixed this by removing guest race goods from all of the optional techs except in chapter 16?
Ooops.

ET-inf3rno

Wait, so after years and years they fixed this by removing guest race goods from all of the optional techs except in chapter 16?
Ooops.
We did not need guest race goods for optional SSUs. Not sure about the other optional researches, because I did them all.

Kekune

Have you checked the actual release notes on that update? I haven't, but I thought the change applied only to squad size techs because their desirability was influenced by the tournament changes. I am not surprised to pay guest race goods for other types of optional techs.

ET-inf3rno

Have you checked the actual release notes on that update? I haven't, but I thought the change applied only to squad size techs because their desirability was influenced by the tournament changes. I am not surprised to pay guest race goods for other types of optional techs.
I don't really need those AWs and culture buildings at the end of chapter 16, but the research would be useful for event quests.

Sprite1313

Neither the optional SSUs nor CEs in Woodelves require guest race goods, but Sorcerers requires them for CEs.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My bad, I thought that's what we were talking about. I never considered the expansion techs as actually being "optional".
That's kinda like a free dessert being optional... ;)