• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Halloween Event Quest Question

DeletedUser10008

Quest # 26 is solve 17 encounters...is it known if the tournament encounters count or only scouted encounters? Then quest # 29 is scout one province, so if # 26 is only scouted and # 29 is scouting, this will be an event killer for many!

DeletedUser9601

Encounters never mean tournaments. Only world map/scouted encounters count. So yes, it is a pretty high bar.

I think there is a lot of grumbling that the rewards don't really justify the difficulty of the quests. If you want to complete all the quests, it will take some pretty good planning to A. make sure you have enough provinces pre-scouted, and B. time your scout start time (for those of us with 15+ hour scout timers) to coincide with completing Quest #28.

For me personally, I'll be smack-dab in the middle of Orcs when this event launches. I think I'd rather focus 2 weeks on progressing through this chapter than trying to complete the event. And that's fine. If I were back in Dwarves and had a bit more city space, and more need for culture/pop buildings, I'd have a different opinion.

Risen Malchiah

Definitely make sure you have some open provinces ready to complete for the event. This is good to know because I almost finished my only open province. I'll be sure to leave that one alone for now.

dikke ikke

Don't forget quest #31, solve 23 encounters. That is a total of 40 encounters, at 8 encounters per province, that means you need at least to scout 5 provinces if you time it good, otherwise it is even 6. I have 1 scouted province at the moment and am scouting a 2nd, with scouting times over 40 hours the event can stay away a few more days pls.

SunsetDanar

Don't forget quest #31, solve 23 encounters. That is a total of 40 encounters, at 8 encounters per province, that means you need at least to scout 5 provinces if you time it good, otherwise it is even 6. I have 1 scouted province at the moment and am scouting a 2nd, with scouting times over 40 hours the event can stay away a few more days pls.

I'm over 40hrs. for scouting times as well. Relics to gain also. My fellows are noting that the rewards for the quest difficulty doesn't even warrant a try at this event so most will simply skip it. I tend to agree with them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm over 40hrs. for scouting times as well. Relics to gain also. My fellows are noting that the rewards for the quest difficulty doesn't even warrant a try at this event so most will simply skip it. I tend to agree with them.
Other than needing 5 open provinces there isn't really a lot of difficulty involved. You should be able to do the first 25 quests in a couple of days. I had provinces open, but no spoilers and finished with 8 days left.

The other challenge is to upgrade a building to level 20 or research a tech, so for those in chapters 6&7 this may pose a problem.

SunsetDanar

Although it has yet to be bluntly stated by any of my fellowship members, my perception is that they believe that event participation will require a significant amount of resource expenditure for very little in return. I'll ask for clarification but at this point, that seems to be the prevailing opinion.

SoggyShorts

they believe that event participation will require a significant amount of resource expenditure
There are no "pay" quests, so what expenditure? Clearing provinces and getting relics from the tournament are something everyone should be doing anyways. The only extra cost I can see is buy 17 KP which shouldn't be very expensive unless they buy a lot of KP regularly.... in which case it's again just asking them to do something they already normally do.

DeletedUser10008

Last quests just announced...#31 solve 23 encounters, #32 gain 29 relics! That kills it....not wasting the time, resources, or effort for some cheap instants and two event buildings! And will recommend others do not waste the time either.

DeletedUser9601

There are no "pay" quests, so what expenditure? Clearing provinces and getting relics from the tournament are something everyone should be doing anyways. The only extra cost I can see is buy 17 KP which shouldn't be very expensive unless they buy a lot of KP regularly.... in which case it's again just asking them to do something they already normally do.
For me there's 2 "costs" that, in my current city, I don't think I want to pay given the rewards.
1. The time-value of scouting/clearing provinces. If I save up 6 scouted provinces, I'm basically delaying a province expansion by a week. Right now, I'm very crunched for space in Orcs. I would rather have that expansion ASAP.
2. I don't have a ton of extra space, and to do this event well, I would need to build a few extra workshops, as well as the non-boosted Tier 1, as well as some Tier 1 residences for the "building upgrade" quests. I could complete the quest without the workshops, but then I'm basically spending a day without supplies, and I'd be foregoing guest race buildings to make room for the level 1 buildings needed.

I could probably still complete the quests without min-maxing on #2, but if I'm going to put in the effort to do an event, I'm going to make sure I complete it. I think I'm in a unique spot, because after Orcs I'm ditching most, if not all, of my culture buildings. So I'd rather spend 2 weeks optimizing Orc progress, as opposed to slowing down a bit for a reward that I'm not that keen on.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For me there's 2 "costs" that, in my current city, I don't think I want to pay given the rewards.
1. The time-value of scouting/clearing provinces. If I save up 6 scouted provinces, I'm basically delaying a province expansion by a week. Right now, I'm very crunched for space in Orcs. I would rather have that expansion ASAP.
You don't get the expansion until you clear the final province anyway. Doing them all in one day is unlikely to delay you by more than a few days.

I have to say that in the last month, since I decided that rushing through the tech tree wasn't a particular benefit, the game's been a lot more fun. I have three wonders now at level 6 or higher, which is making population positively bountiful. Eventually I'll have to start building wood-elf related stuff, but being 100% honest, slowing my tech progress has made the game more fun.

DeletedUser10008

I have to say that in the last month, since I decided that rushing through the tech tree wasn't a particular benefit, the game's been a lot more fun. I have three wonders now at level 6 or higher, which is making population positively bountiful. Eventually I'll have to start building wood-elf related stuff, but being 100% honest, slowing my tech progress has made the game more fun.

Same position and I have to agree! Slowing myself down from always pushing the research as fast as I could has definitely made the game more enjoyable.

dikke ikke

My fights in the province will me medium in stead of easy, so I will loose more troops or have to use moor goods on the encounters. I also need to fight/cater in the tournaments to gain 19 and 29 relics, probably spread over 2 different tournaments. It is not going to be easy, but on the other side, if I manage to get it done, then I am more close to then next expansion than originally planned :p

SunsetDanar

For most of my FS members (Myself included) the issue is goods. This event, coming right on the heels of the fall event, has caught us in "goods recovery mode". While the coming event is labeled a "mini event", the end quests are just as goods depleting as the previous one. Rewards seem to be disproportionate to the quests as well...At least from my perspective and my fellows agree. So...I solve 17 encounters and get a KP for the goods expenditure. Really? Well, I intend to do it anyway so that's one KP I don't have to buy.

Since instants seem to the in vogue item these days, some sort of goods instant might be in order. There may be a number of ways in which such an instant could be applied but regardless of form, it might get a better reception than some of the others.

SoggyShorts

Rewards seem to be disproportionate to the quests as well
Just like the main storyline quests, we have to look at all of them as 1 big quest which gives all of the rewards.
For example, I very much did not want to "build 50 greenery streets" with a cost over 200,000 mana for a 300k coin reward...but I did want the 200 diamonds from a quest coming up afterwards.

So for halloween you have to decide if the 2 buildings and all of the kp+instants are worth doing all of the quests. (You might still find it's not worth it, although other than awkward production times, like you said, most quests are just asking for stuff you would eventually do anyways)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9474

Aside from my hesitancy due to them changing a building after release, I'm less likely to do this quest line than others (and I love both quests and Halloween!) but 1-I don't want to scout all those provinces 1 tech from the chest to end the chapter (and reduce my scouting costs) because I would like to go back to being in line with the game's provinces per chapter. and 2) They should offer one prize at the halfway or even 2/3rds way through the quest line and one at the end. Having to get all the way to the end to get anything worthwhile (pahleeze do not talk to me about the lame daily prizes) is redunkulous IMO.

DeletedUser9601

most quests are just asking for stuff you would eventually do anyways)

It is a lot of stuff I would eventually do anyways. Its more of a question of prioritizing that "stuff" to all fit into a 13-day window. Its the prioritization that ultimately has me thinking I won't focus on this questline.