• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Harder vs. More expensive

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Also the charts have nothing to do with chapter level. The charts show tournament tent(province/level) and star level.
Yes, exactly. Regardless of whatever wonders you've upgraded, how many plots you've unlocked/bought, or how many techs you've unlocked, it's still very easy to do 5 provinces to 5*. You can pretty much autofight the first 5 provinces picking anything and still come out victorious. You have such an advantage with numbers that you can be so sloppy about it. It's 2 mins of your day to get 5 autofights done.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
First, Brin Darby's numbers are hypothetical. They are used for comparison, and probably don't reflect actual fights and probably, in my estimation, weren't meant to do so. He was illustrating the difference between difficulty and expense. Here's my take.

The distinction between the expense of a fight and the difficulty of it are often confused because, I think, in the long run they mean pretty much the same thing. Brin Darby is right that you can have a fight that is equally difficult but less expensive, when compared with another. His example was right on. 90 vs 90 may be, all other things being equal, equal in difficulty because the difficulty is measured by the comparative strength of the two sides. 90 vs 90 and 150 vs 150 are equally difficult. Having said that, though, if you fight equally well between the two you are going to, on average, lose fewer troops in the 90 vs 90 fights than the equally difficult 150 vs 150. However, the fact that you lose troops is that to which you pay attention. Things can be as difficult as you like so long as you are winning ...or not losing troops... enough to keep going. And, no matter how difficult the match up, it's the expense you feel in you city. You may blame the difficulty, but if you are winning, no blame necessary, right?

So, the formula is: Higher difficulty generally means more expensive and thus when somebody says a fight was expensive it's usually because it was more difficult than they anticipated and they lost more.

In addition, I agree with whoever observed that it's the number of types of troops you face that make it more difficult. Terrain and the AI troop selections can really throw a wrench into the works.

AJ

BrinDarby

He mainly was talking about semantics, but there are problems with the values he gave unless they were just examples and not from actual encounters.
Yes, those were examples, not actual data.....

Lets take the grid posted, pertain it to tournaments ( hypothically )
P5 (1.107) & P6 (1.152) @ level 6 ... and we all know P5 is 1* enemies
and P6 is 2* enemies.... P11 or above I believe are 3* enemies ....

Now for that whole chart, my listed SS should be used. ( but it doesn't )
In the early fights my SS is < listed, and quickly it goes > than listed,
in addition those %s are applied, and harder enemies come out.

If Terrain is equal, and troop* is equal, and its 50,50,50,50,50 vs 50,50,50,50,50
and goes up to 75,75,75,75,75 vs 75,75,75,75,75 .... then its --- not harder ---
its just more expensive to fight. In the game, there are progressions where
thats exactly what happens...... And..... too often when discussed around here
the 2 terms ..... harder and more expensie, are used interchangably and they
are not interchangable, they are 2 seperate things.... The seem to be used in
the game in the same incorrect way.