• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hardware Acceleration for all users

DeletedUser51

As I mentioned in the announcement, this feature will be turned on for all users on the US server on December 1. We currently do have this option available but only approximately 10% of users have already enabled it.

Since this will soon become the standard for the game, we need to enable it for all players and we would like to know how it affects play.

DeletedUser511

Lagging and errors is what we have been getting. Hopefully we wont with this update...

DeletedUser43

The game is unplayable for a lot of users right now on beta with this new update. I don't notice any difference. The game is unplayable either way. I had to wait 7 seconds for the game to register coin collection. One mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi etc.

DeletedUser511

OMG I hope they dont bring bugs over. I mean whats the point of having a beta server if you dont fix what is broken. Thats dumb!

DeletedUser51

We ran a bit long with deploying the update today so Hardware Acceleration will not be activated for everyone until December 2.

DeletedUser61

I did a full Fellowship + Neighborhood rotation, in us1: Arendyll, without any graphic glitches. I'm using high resolution and Hardware Acceleration.

I also have a full set of neighbors, and only one upgrading Main Hall that I can't buff.

AND - I was able to clear the Use a Rune Shard quest.

So I'm a happy camper.

DeletedUser698

I also cannot use it it makes my system slow and unworkable.
I am so disappointed now that accelerated hardware cannot be disabled that though I love this game I am done playing it because , the game should make it so those who need it can use it but if not needed make it able to be disconnected. (Just my opinion ),as with accelerated hardware it takes a awesome fun game and makes it a slow struggle to do anything boring game,

DeletedUser511

The option is still in there to turn this off. Ælfwine said it wasnt implemented yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oops. Should of read this before posting on another thread. But, yes, enabling it across the board is not cool. I can personally attest that for both my computer and laptop, the hardware acceleration makes playing the game near impossible, unless you want to deal with lag and burning up your processor.

Ack, just read about how this will be made mandatory. No, no, no, NO! Please do not make Elvenar unplayable for those with older systems!

DeletedUser698

As I mentioned in the announcement, this feature will be turned on for all users on the US server on December 1. We currently do have this option available but only approximately 10% of users have already enabled it.

Since this will soon become the standard for the game, we need to enable it for all players and we would like to know how it affects play.

DeletedUser698

Why does this have to be enabled? It makes my game so slow like literally several seconds between click and mission achieved? I wish we did not have to have it .I wish they would just let the user have the choice according to the way the game responds with or without HD.Why does this have to be enabled for all?just wondering.

DeletedUser61

The Push Button Engine is a single thread application that depends exclusively on the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and does not support the Hardware Acceleration provided by Graphical Processing Units (GPU).

Using the Central Processing Unit (CPU) exclusively steals cycles from other activities, and greatly increases buss traffic and caching requirements. Furthermore, because GPUs are optimized for parallel processing, CPUs are therefore optimized for single thread processing, although you may actually have several CPUs, and can thereby multithread.
  • Hardware Acceleration provides access to the specialized parallel processing capabilities that are built in to the Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) on your computer.
  • Hardware Acceleration is particularly important for older computers, which can quickly become processor-bound when they are required to process a lot of graphical elements.
  • To support both options you'd need two ways to accomplish everything, which creates a very buggy environment, and ultimately you MUST use Hardware Acceleration to get the most out of your computer.
See http://www.pcworld.com/article/2883...d-radeon-graphics-cards-for-every-budget.html for more information and additional sources.

DeletedUser51

Why does this have to be enabled?
It actually has to be enable to test it for all current players so more adjustments can be made to optimize it before it becomes our standard.

As I mentioned in the announcement (and @xaviersxmen already quoted) "Currently the Hardware Acceleration is optional, but it will not remain that way. At some point in the future we will only be offering Elvenar with the Hardware Acceleration enabled, but before we make that switch we want to make sure that it works as intended."

Last edited:

DeletedUser511

As I mentioned in the announcement(and @xaviersxmen already quoted) "Currently the Hardware Acceleration is optional, but it will not remain that way. At some point in the future we will only be offering Elvenar with the Hardware Acceleration enabled, but before we make that switch we want to make sure that it works as intended."

I posted that as well that it wasnt implemented but apparently I dont know crap.

DeletedUser

Why does this have to be enabled? It makes my game so slow like literally several seconds between click and mission achieved? I wish we did not have to have it .I wish they would just let the user have the choice according to the way the game responds with or without HD.Why does this have to be enabled for all?just wondering.
Like the software and driver does for your video card? Nah, let's just screw people over and not allow a choice. Good call.