• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hardware Acceleration for all users

DeletedUser594

Thankfully I was recently gifted a laptop by a dear friend and the game runs well on on the new laptop with or without hardware accel. Going back to the old Dell laptop however and trying to play is not an option with the hardware acceleration (HA)active. It's really unfortunate what the HA does to older computers. It's like processing through honey. Click a building..,nothing..click again..,nothing...click again..,nada... move on to something else..the building jumps up into moving mode...bring it back..,try and put it down.,stuck to your cursor it seems.
Every little nothing aspect of the game becomes a tedious chore and just collecting and resetting a city a major accomplishment. Prior to receiving this laptop I would have been done the day HA became non-optional as it currently works. The old latop btw is a Dell inspiron 1545 bought new in 2009 a had the hard drive replaced in 2011/2012 roughly. It cannot handle the HA at all.

DeletedUser1177

I had to turn it off...I can play with it on, but it is creating so much lag..I click and takes a few seconds for my buildings to open. Also the map is laggy with it on...not a good playing experience with it turned on..

WolfSinger

Just a quick note - if you're having issues with the game dragging and taking forever to do stuff - you be able to go to your browser settings and turn off the option to use Hardware Acceleration When Available.

Every time I have a serious issue with this game dragging - I usually find that some update either to firefox or the game as turned that back on in my browser settings and I have to turn it off again to make the game playable.

Recent issues (that prompted the announcement saying users having problems with firefox should try another browser) being an example that for me (using firefox) were corrected by turning that option off under my browser settings.

DeletedUser43

Wow!! Cool!! I found it in Chrome under setting....advanced settings...system. I'll have to try that!! Thank you!!

WolfSinger

@Bobbykitty fingers crossed that it works.

@chasers bud - I'm not familiar with MS Edge so don't know where the settings are or how to direct you. But if you can access your settings and have a clue what you're doing you can try turning off the Hardware acceleration.

With older computers and depending on how a browser updates when they update Hardware Acceleration can cause issues with different webpages - especially graphics heavy ones.

DeletedUser

It actually has to be enable to test it for all current players so more adjustments can be made to optimize it before it becomes our standard.

As I mentioned in the announcement (and @xaviersxmen already quoted) "Currently the Hardware Acceleration is optional, but it will not remain that way. At some point in the future we will only be offering Elvenar with the Hardware Acceleration enabled, but before we make that switch we want to make sure that it works as intended."

Apparently this was enable without my permission and hosed this and other games I play, Wolfsinger perhaps discovered this and suggested tyo un-enable it, which I did and now my games working properly...

If you guys go to this, Ye will loose me permanently, STOP FOOLING around with people computers' settings, most do not know what is it your doing.

The game works fine with out this being enabled...

DeletedUser2870

oh gods no. on my laptop or cellphone it wont be playable anymore.
Are you really trying to chase away players on purpose or what? Ha should remain optional

DeletedUser43

This thread is a year old. They did it a long time ago. But kudos to WolfSinger to finding a way out of it!!

DeletedUser61

You should be aware that there USED to be two parallel code sets in the game:
  • A code set that ONLY used the main processor (no hardware acceleration)
  • A code set that ALSO uses the Graphical Processing Unit (some hardware acceleration)
Elvenar no longer has a toggle for Hardware Acceleration, it's always required, and the developers aren't coding for anything other than the HA version. If you disable HA at the browser level, you'll simply lose much of the animation and the other features that are implemented using the Graphical Processing Unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4699

Undoubtedly, you are exceptionally knowledgeable in this field. However, HA is not required, and with issues that many were having, turning off HA did not make us lose any animations or other features. Quite the contrary, it allowed the game to work again. For me, and for many others, there were display/graphics issues, lag, and loading issues. Disabling HA resolved those isssues. Hopefully this at least is bringing us a step closer in figuring out what went wrong.