• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Headed to Fairies oh my

tiG23

Headed to Fairies and I'm just frustrated. I have nothing (to my eye) that I can delete except 2 small no pop cultures. they are just holding spots for now. Would one of you wizards take a look and see what you might do? Don't really want to complete 7 more provinces for land at the moment, trying to keep ease of the provinces low. I'd much appreciate it. i do fight and want to fight more.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@tiG23 You do realize that once you finish Dwarves you will no longer need granite and copper, right? Once you finish every tech advance in Dwarves, the only other use for granite and copper is to upgrade your roads to Dwarven Streets. I do recommend doing this, the extra culture is useful. But once you have done that, you can sell off your granite mines and copper foundries. This will free up space for the Fairies buildings you need to build. The only other thing you need to look out for is that early in Fairies there will be a quest that says "sell your Dwarven Portal." Don't get rid of the portal until you see that quest.

tiG23

yes, I did know that, but thank you just in case I hadn't. I take it by you saying that, this will be plenty of room to get started? the sizes scared me a touch. and my extra pop isn't much.

shimmerfly

You will enjoy fairies. Take your time to upgrade some roads like Henroo suggested and it's a perfect time to rearrange your city and upgrade anything else you can. It's fun! And yes you will have the temporary room to play some!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
yes, I did know that, but thank you just in case I hadn't. I take it by you saying that, this will be plenty of room to get started? the sizes scared me a touch. and my extra pop isn't much.
One thing that will help you as far as population is that the Fairy level upgrades to your residences do not change the size or shape of them. So you can just do the upgrades to them without having to rearrange them. The area you free up from getting rid of your Dwarven settlement will probably not be enough to do a full Fairy settlement, but it will be enough to get started. Once you start work on your settlement, there are 2 city expansions fairly early in the Fairies research tree. You can research them for additional space while you start to build and upgrade your settlement.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
ok SoggyShorts, I thought you were the hybrid bldg man. You took out all my pop!! lol. I'm quite surprised. I appreciate the work!!
You're welcome :)
Re: hybrids, it's not so much them that I love, just per square efficiency...and new/updated hybrids often happen to be the most efficient.:p
Your city is in a spot where your houses just got a nice pop bump and will again this chapter without changing shape so it would be a tough choice to try and keep things current with RR spells instead of just using coins&supplies.

tiG23

revisiting if you don't mind. I am seriously struggling with coins. is my only option to replace the goblins with res? will the upgraded fairy houses make a huge difference? (almost there). Not tied to the goblin shop, but now that the fairy bldgs seem to be taking so much coin, I can't get to the top of the spire and do the tourney. suggestions would be much appreciated.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am seriously struggling with coins.
Increasing your culture by asking your FS to buff your buildings, keeping an EE spell active on your witch hut &father glitter tree should help.
With those 2 buildings buffed all you need is another 3600 culture and you'll increase your coins(and supplies) production by 35%.

BTW I see you placed a little outside expansion for your MA. Don't do that in the future, keep your city square as much as possible.
It always looks convenient since your MA doesn't change shape or size, but everything else does and it'll limit your options going forwards.