• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

HELP-- is it possible to change user name?

• Thread starter DeletedUser9834
  • Start date

DeletedUser9834

is it possible to change my user name and if so how.. also if possible to change user name will my old name be associated with the new one? I have never had this issue in a game before and it is unreal.. I left an FS for particular reasons and now can't seem to be rid of the leader of the group.. it feels extremely stalkish and uncomfortable and the only thing I can think to do is either change my user name OR quit.. if name change isn't possible... which I would be willing to do.. it is that uncomfortable.. one would think I would not need to go to that extreme ..I do not like drama but this person continues to bring it.. if there is any other way to be rid of this issue other than name change I would be interested in knowing..

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is possible, you need to contact support. My understanding is they only do it in cases where the name breaches the rules (rude, profane, etc.). You could always ask based on your current circumstances.

However I would suggest reporting the person first (option in-game). I understand this also puts them on a permanent ignore list which might solve your problem without changing your name.

DeletedUser9834

Mykan,
I seriously appreciate ur response in this as it is that stressful for me. How do I go about reporting it? I did message that person to let them know NOT to come around me and NOT to drag others into whatever she has in her mind as yes, there are 3 others she has now included in this which is weird. I just want to play the game and enjoy it. so I appreciate ur advice, now if u could just point me in the direction in which to report..

silver

DeletedUser5521

How do I go about reporting it?
You have a couple of options, Silver. If you have kept any of the messages this person has sent you in game, open 1 and look under their avatar. You will see 2 icons: an envelope and an " ! ". Click the ! to report the person. I have never personally reported anyone, so I am not sure if you will be taken to Support or just prompted for a reason for reporting them. If you haven't kept any of the offending messages, you can contact Support directly to report the person (and inquire about the name change, if you still feel that is necessary). As Shimmerfly said while I was busy typing this (lol!), here on the Forum Mainpage, top right under "Quick Links" you'll find "Elvenar Support". Click it and follow directions to fill out your submission. In game you can also access Support by either right-clicking mouse and chosing "Support" from pop-up box, or clicking on the "gear" at the bottom right of your screen and clicking on the " ? ". Hope you get this resolved soon! No one deserves to be harrassed like that.. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have never personally reported anyone, so I am not sure if you will be taken to Support or just prompted for a reason of your reporting them.

From memory it does ask for a reason in-game. It is fairly straight forward.
Does anyone know if the app has the same report button or is it different?

DeletedUser2768

From memory it does ask for a reason in-game. It is fairly straight forward.
Does anyone know if the app has the same report button or is it different?

In the mobile version you don't get the messages, you only have access to chat.

I pulled it up because I was curious. It's similar to on a PC/laptop.
Tap the gear
Tap the "Help" tab at the bottom
Tap the Green "Support" button

@silverbugmartha, I sincerely hope you get the help you need. I'm SOOO sorry you're going through this. How awful!!

DeletedUser95

You'd have to ask them to move your city as well, but then again...is almost impossible to disappear..Just knowing what your ranking is now, they can do a little bit of city visiting around your current ranking # and they would find you. You'd need to make a lot of changes to be unrecognizable ( plastic surgery ?!?)