• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hobby Room

Siorse

I think that it's not fully integrated into live yet...my presumption for this is that my SO has it but I do not...for which I'm glad lol

Or maybe it's that since it's part of the ad thing I'm not seeing it because I have a great ad blocker!

elvenbee

It hasn't been rolled out to everyone, only some players have it. I play both mobile & PC, but don't have it on mobile (I typically use my work PC during the day, which has an ad blocker).

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think it was a little unfair to roll it out to some before the FA and not others. I know the Hobby Room ads added a small but significant amount to my bracelet stash. ... I think it was something like 680 extra planks per leveled factory per 3 hours. While I needed 87 k to make each bracelet, I had 16 leveled planks out, so that was about 1/8 of a bracelet every three hours attributed to the Hobby Room. Yes, small, but I think significant over the whole FA. Therefore, I don't think they should have rolled it out just before an FA. My guess is that they never even thought about the bracelet difference.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I think it was a little unfair to roll it out to some before the FA and not others. I know the Hobby Room ads added a small but significant amount to my bracelet stash. ... I think it was something like 680 extra planks per leveled factory per 3 hours. While I needed 87 k to make each bracelet, I had 16 leveled planks out, so that was about 1/8 of a bracelet every three hours attributed to the Hobby Room. Yes, small, but I think significant over the whole FA. Therefore, I don't think they should have rolled it out just before an FA. My guess is that they never even thought about the bracelet difference.
I thought the same thing! I'm watching others get little cool stuff and even diamonds and am like when is it my turn? Lol!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I thought the same thing! I'm watching others get little cool stuff and even diamonds and am like when is it my turn? Lol!
I've been lucky with diamonds. I'd say about one in four or five ads give diamonds, anywhere between 4-18 each. I hope it will be your turn soon! That was really a decent bonus for FA'ers. I'd say I got about 3 extra bracelets over the course of the FA just from the ads alone. In a game like this that may not seem like much, but it can mean the difference at the very end. If 10 people in a fellowship do it, that's 30 extra bracelets, so I consider that very significant.

Siorse

Lol I'm the opposite of y'all.

I hate advertisements/commercials in general. (The person who invented the mute button should be sainted)

I don't really care what they'll "give" me.(Nothing's free)

I'm not interested in whatever they're trying to sell me.

So the longer it takes to get this in my city the happier I'll be!

HumptyD

This feature of Elvenar is both a nuisance and disappointment. Allowing a popup-ad to pause the game is the nuisance. Determining the effect of the popup is the disappointment.
In the Hobby Room, the builder will present a selection of items. You can choose one. It will boost that resource for some interval. Typically, it places a 3-hour collection limit on the boost. The game should provide a collection boost on the building that produces the resource. You must choose a building that previously involved the builder directly.
For example, you could choose a Residence Building to receive the Gold Coin percentage boost.
If, however, you select an Event-building such as the Golden Willow, then you will see no boost to the gold produced in this building.
You can check to see the validity of a building by opening its upgrade tab. If the upgrade requires a builder, the boost will work on the resources of this building.
However, if a building-upgrade requires Restoration tokens, then it will not give any production boost.

Yogi Dave

Diamonds and goods are from 'treasures' dropped around your city.
The Hobby Room gives an increase of an item for 3h.
1687104558641.png
1687104508577.png

Clicking the arrow opens the list of items you can choose from.

Morowen

I've been lucky with diamonds. I'd say about one in four or five ads give diamonds, anywhere between 4-18 each. I hope it will be your turn soon! That was really a decent bonus for FA'ers. I'd say I got about 3 extra bracelets over the course of the FA just from the ads alone. In a game like this that may not seem like much, but it can mean the difference at the very end. If 10 people in a fellowship do it, that's 30 extra bracelets, so I consider that very significant.
In regards to the ads that pop up I have also received a lot of diamonds and many other supplies/goods/instants. I really don't mind "watching" a short ad. I know that Inno is struggling to stay afloat right now, so whatever helps keep the game alive and gives me free stuff, I'm game. :)

I do like the Hobby Room, but just haven't quite figured out when is the best time to apply it. Do I apply right before I take the production, or 3 hours before I want to take the production (as in orcs/mana), post taking the production such as in any 3 hour production. Anyone have an answer to that?

satchmo33

I set the Hobby Room for orc production. Dutifully waited through the three ad times to get the max effect time. I see zero difference in my production of orcs. Does it not apply to the Breeding Grounds? Does it apply only to orcs gotten through event bldgs.? Does it do ANYthing at all?

getmomo

The hobby room now has a little icon over my builders hut that when clicked on tells me to check out the hobby room and keeps coming back. It is very annoying. Is there any way to turn it off?