• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Holding Area

DeletedUser6048

It would be nice to have a block of land that can hold items in order to be able to move buildings around when room is lacking. It can be a timed hold area so that people are not using it for actual land, say a 5 min hold and when the time expires the item is returned to its original location.

I would also like to see an option to rotate any building in order to make it fit into an available space, again when some of us do not have much land to work with.

Thirdly, if a province has been completed I would like to have it changed so that when I am moving around the province looking for non-completed items that they do not highlight and show 8/8. It is very distracting and I do not feel that once complete we need to see that we completed it.

Thank you,

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm afraid the developers have stated that the puzzle aspect of re-arranging buildings as they upgrade and change in shape/size is a core aspect of the game and will not be altered. Likewise there will be no building swap or storage feature.

Not only do buildings change size, at certain upgrade levels they do rotate, forcing you to redesign your city-- this is intended.

Edit: @LHage as for your third suggestion, I like it.

@Marindor can we please get a sticky for some permanently rejected ideas?:D

DeletedUser5800

Easy Solution, requires no coding at all, just leave a spot open. ;)

Attachments

• storage area.JPG
    storage area.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 90

DeletedUser5800

Ah, the antithesis of helpfulness.
Actually, leaving a spot open is pretty helpful, I usually fail to do so... just so happend to have been in the midst of transitioning to fairies and getting ready for Winter Stars for that screen shot but still, if I had any self-control I would keep an open spot, very handy for leveling up buildings and rearranging... and does indeed solve the problem that gets brought up here approx. every 8 days. :p

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Easy Solution, requires no coding at all, just leave a spot open. ;)
ahahahahahaaaha
you're not wrong =)

Now that they are running events more often, I'd actually recommend always leaving an expansion or 2 open. Up until chapter 8 they give you loads of room, so you can save some for moving and temporary level 1 buildings to help with quests.

DeletedUser5278

I agree, a holding area would be nice - or at least the ability to temporarily "hover" buildings when moving them. My current solution is to make a list of building moves I want to make in existing areas. Then, when I add an expansion, I use that new space as a holding area to rearrange structures in my city before I build anything new.

DeletedUser1996

A holding area would be helpful at times ...perhaps we could rent -a-space for a small fee and time :D

DeletedUser4778

I started having 2 Lv1 workshops in Chapter 4 or 5 to go through quests faster after I discovered quest cycling. They've been pretty handy with helping me reorganize my city. Now that things are much bigger than before, I'm considering keeping 4 Lv1 workshops as my "storage aka build-sell-rebuild" area.

DeletedUser3942

I'm considering keeping 4 Lv1 workshops as my "storage aka build-sell-rebuild" area.

now that's a clever idea for people like me who tend to forget why "this unused space" actually is unused and should stay so ... :D *thumbs up*

as for the original idea: actually I do not really like it because the game would lose some of it's strategic aspect of planning ahead

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4778

now that's a clever idea for people like me who tend to forget why "this unused space" actually is unused and should stay so ... :D *thumbs up*
I learned from Platinum Leaf that I should fill unused spaces with houses so they can generate some gold in the meantime and because they recover their cost of construction after a few hours. I followed that advice until I figured out that I might as well fill them with low-level factories (normally Lv3 to Lv5 marble for me -- although I don't think this will be practical for steel since it takes up more space) since I was always gasping for Tier 1 goods before. Instead of using small culture as road-ends, I use low-level marble and plank factories. I spend most of my excess coins and supplies at the wholesaler anyway and the measly output of 3 planks a Lv1 non-boosted factory generates is well worth it if you look at the cost of buying 20 tier 1 goods at the scalper otherwise known as the wholesaler. By the by, shouldn't we get discounts for bulk purchases? Darn scalpers.