• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Horrible change - fix it now

Qybyrn

Sorry, but this change to where new FS members can not participate in Spire once it starts it absolute trash. Terrible, horrible, etc. What a freaking joke.

Just to be clear, if a member leaves the FS unexpectedly at the tournament end (which is usually when it happens), we have 18 hours to try to find a replacement???? Did no one consider this before this stupid change was implemented?

Last edited:

Qybyrn

seems like a good idea to stop score cheating from shuttling in and out players

Score cheating? We have a player going on a months long break while snowbirding. He was kind enough to wait until we found a replacement, which we finally did. We made the swap sunday afternoon, not knowing of this ridiculous rule change.

Last edited:

Qybyrn

There are some fellowships that do shuffle players in and out to pad their scores. Hopefully this change will fix that problem. :)

I didn't know you could do that, I thought their points went away when a player leaves like in the tournament.

If that was a problem, there is bound to be a better way than reducing the window to change fellowships to 18 hours.

@hvariidh sorry I think I misread your comment the first time, I thought you were accusing us of score cheating...you were speaking in general. Stopping score cheating is good, but bound to be a better way.

Killy-

The better change would have been to give the spire the same system as the tournament one. Players are leaving with their points.
-no exploits and -no participation restriction needed
But Inno is Inno and if there is a convoluted "solution" possible...

LordVorKon

Oh no, you miss out on one person's 110 (at most) points. For one week.
Sounds like you've got an absolute, unmitigated disaster on your hands. No possibility of ever recovering, etc.
Not.

Alram

Flippers just flip
How did your FS end up with 1521 spire points? Was the new player able to contribute after all?

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

How did your FS end up with 1521 spire points? Was the new player able to contribute after all?
If all 25 people make it to the top of the spire, the FS gets 25 * 63 points which is 1575. I don't know if that is the case for the FS you are talking about.

Deleted User - 1178646

I honoustly do not give a crap about any fellowship getting a kazzilion points in the spire.
Gold is gold and the rest doesnt matter anyway.

What I do find important is indeed the extremly inflexible limitations of fellowship swapping.
It would have helped if the spire started on monday instead of sunday.
The current time between de end of the tournament and the start of the spire is brutally little

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What I do find important is indeed the extremly inflexible limitations of fellowship swapping.
It would have helped if the spire started on monday instead of sunday.
The current time between de end of the tournament and the start of the spire is brutally little
I would certainly go along with changing the spire start to Monday! It would help with use of 5 day buildings as well because there would be greater overlap between tournament and spire.

Iyapo1

If all 25 people make it to the top of the spire, the FS gets 25 * 63 points which is 1575. I don't know if that is the case for the FS you are talking about.
This particular FS had 24 members. One of the mages was railing about it. Their new member joined after the start of the Spire so that players points were not supposed to count 24×63=1512. The FS got 1521, the question is how, was the new player able to score?

Deleted User - 1178646

This particular FS had 24 members. One of the mages was railing about it. Their new member joined after the start of the Spire so that players points were not supposed to count 24×63=1512. The FS got 1521, the question is how, was the new player able to score?
They could have scored on sunday before the official introduction

Deleted User - 1178646

so?

I think it's perfect for people being able to do the Spire on Sunday, when nothing much else is going on :)
so?

I think it's perfect for people being able to do the Spire on Sunday, when nothing much else is going on :)
Because you're not the only person playing.
Some people have now 2 hours or less due to religious beliefts (not me) to swap fellowships. other might just miss out because there busy.

If you do not swap fellowships in that window you are locked out of the spire for a week.

Yogi Dave

There is also the problem of where people live and work. If the tourney ends just after you go to bed and can't play until coming home from work, that could easily be 18h. Also, some people can only play once a day. They are guaranteed to miss a week's FS spire rewards and can't help the FS get more crystals. They still get their own spire rewards, just not the FS ones.

However, unless you are a gold spire FS and this keeps you from getting it that week, this problem seems to me to being overblown. It's only 1 week's loss when you leave an FS for another. How often does that actually happen? The FS sets that trade people back and forth will have to coordinate the switching tighter to get everything. So, FS hopping will become more difficult.

Yes, it would have been nicer for Inno to have done this differently and hopefully they will change it sometime this millennium, but it won't be for a while. There are tons of changes we haven't liked but have learned to live with. This is another one and I think the concept of the fellowship perks significantly out weights this drawback.