• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How about allowing mercenaries?

DeletedUser

Why not let people rent mercenaries a little stronger then their normal troops. limit them to maybe a squad so it helps them even the field without winning it for them. They can be different creatures to add to the mix. Or let other players rent out their troops if they aren't needed at the time one squad at a time.

DeletedUser

Why not let people rent mercenaries a little stronger then their normal troops. limit them to maybe a squad so it helps them even the field without winning it for them. They can be different creatures to add to the mix. Or let other players rent out their troops if they aren't needed at the time one squad at a time.
Oh, oh, oh! This could be a game changer! I have often felt limited (and I'm a veteran turn-based player), by the enemy and troops available. ANYTHING would be better than the current situation.

DeletedUser

Thank you again Talisman. : )
Your right. The less one feels limited and has options the funner and less frustrating the game would be.
It also would add to the strategy put a little more dimension into it, even more so if you don't always have the same types of mercenaries available it adds chance and the challenge of seeing if you cam fit them to your needs.

DeletedUser

I feel as thought they got bored (the designers) partially through coding the battles. I love single-player games; I LIVE for single-player games, but I love this game, and want to see it grow. How does increasing the opposition with no rhyme or reason work into that? Steady progression (A beginner guide) needs to be handed out to the designers.

DeletedUser

Ok another angle has occured to me then I need to get on with other things. haha The mercenaries could be a way for the ones running this game to test out new troop types. Get peoples reaction about them. Watch them in action then tweak them in a lot of different ways.

DeletedUser

Ok another angle has occured to me then I need to get on with other things. haha The mercenaries could be a way for the ones running this game to test out new troop types. Get peoples reaction about them. Watch them in action then tweak them in a lot of different ways.
Which requires new troops and animations. I... know that is not easy, but, c'mon, throw us a bone, and make the battles challenging but winnable. Fighting a losing battle quickly loses its charms.

DeletedUser

I feel as thought they got bored (the designers) partially through coding the battles. I love single-player games; I LIVE for single-player games, but I love this game, and want to see it grow. How does increasing the opposition with no rhyme or reason work into that? Steady progression (A beginner guide) needs to be handed out to the designers.
Yes bored or lost their way. There is also the facing of deadlines that can force you to stop short of what you wanted to do. It doesn't work into it that i see. They are more like brick walls you get past one then wham another. you stop waste time finding a bigger hammer then break through then wham. I agree I enjoy it I just wish they could improve it so it will grow.
That is the key that is missing Steady progression. Not stop, start, stumble, restart......

DeletedUser

Which requires new troops and animations. I... know that is not easy, but, c'mon, throw us a bone, and make the battles challenging but winnable. Fighting a losing battle quickly loses its charms.
Good point, the creation and animation can't be cranked out in a day and be worth the effort while at the same time trying to keep ahead of the people who are furthest along. Your right again. By adding to the interest and challenge there will be more people staying with the game for the long run.

DeletedUser

Yes bored or lost their way. There is also the facing of deadlines that can force you to stop short of what you wanted to do. It doesn't work into it that i see. They are more like brick walls you get past one then wham another. you stop waste time finding a bigger hammer then break through then wham. I agree I enjoy it I just wish they could improve it so it will grow.
That is the key that is missing Steady progression. Not stop, start, stumble, restart......
And we are the test rats (sorry to any anti-animal testers). Should I feel sorry for them? (the designers) Maybe. They stole enough content, I wonder why they think the content was there to begin with. It doesn't have to be new, but it does need to WORK as intended.

DeletedUser

Good point, the creation and animation can't be cranked out in a day and be worth the effort while at the same time trying to keep ahead of the people who are furthest along. Your right again. By adding to the interest and challenge there will be more people staying with the game for the long run.
I... Every time someone starts playing, I hope they will stay. Making this feel like an RPG would go a long way to fulfilling that. I play for the sense of progression. I'm a creature of habit and this appeals to me, but I understand that not everyone feels the same and more content is needed.