• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How can this be right

StarLoad

tonight on the spire I am not winning battles and there should be no reason to lose

wafe 1.jpg

Should be an easy win
wave 1result.jpg

The losses are many times more than normal
wave 2result.jpg

Wave 2 loss that should not happen

wave 2fire.jpg

This is but one example and I cant explain it, It is like the Fire Phoenix wasnt active, but it is

juniperknome

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is it possible that you forgot to feed Fire Phoenix or that your 5 day buff buildings have expired? Also, did you rearrange your city for the fellowship adventure? If so, is it possible that you might have accidentally disconnected a key buildings such as Martial Monastery/Sancturary?

StarLoad

Pic shows Fire active for 1:11 still and no other buffs, I would not normally use them for 2nd level spire. and nothing is disconnected, I checked that.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Terrain...there is a terrain where the melee (light or heavy) you use have to go to the south end and exit from behind a long hedge. There's only one exit and only one melee can get through at a time. Meanwhile, the enemy just sits there with whatever ranged elements they have (the mages and heavy ranged) knocking off whatever you have. In addition, your troops are only 2 stars against their light melee, which means when they do meet you may have superior force, but not by much. So the combination of getting your melee troops out of the quagmire of terrain, their relative weakness against your primary target (light melee) and their use of ranged troops did you in. I'm betting that the first thing the enemy did was send a dog to stop your troops from escaping through the single exit at the south, then started clobbering you with the mage and heavy ranged in wave one. By the time you got to wave 2, even if the dog got slaughtered, you were already dead in the water.

This is why we've asked for terrain preview so many times. If you had known the terrain you could have seen the problem and changed your tactics.

AJ

Gladiola

I had an unexpected loss in the tournament earlier, but it could have been terrain (I auto fight). Today is the first time I've ever fed the fire phoenix and so far my spire encounters are going about as expected with the added buff.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is probably just coincidence or something, but sometimes it seems like the first few fights I do right after feeding the Fire Phoenix do not go as easily as I expect them to. It almost feels like there is a lag in between feeding and when the bonus actually starts working. But considering all the other types of lag this game has, this could actually happen once in a while.

StarLoad

Tonight I will try again and since I am on the third level I will assume the fights will be harder.

StarLoad

1 was an easy Auto-Fight win 2 I negotiated as fighting was not an option do to the Distribution of the enemy and 1 I manual fought to victory.

DeletedUser27062

It is probably just coincidence or something, but sometimes it seems like the first few fights I do right after feeding the Fire Phoenix do not go as easily as I expect them to. It almost feels like there is a lag in between feeding and when the bonus actually starts working. But considering all the other types of lag this game has, this could actually happen once in a while.

I laughed when I read this because I let my city 'soak' for a while before fighting once I've fed my phoenix and put down buildings. I assume there may be a server lag or something because I've noticed that exact same thing.

DeletedUser27062

I've had a few of these 'against all odds' losses. I auto fight but one time I was so gobsmacked at losing a shoe-in I got on my pc and had a looksee at the terrain. It was shocking. All but one of my troops were behind a barricade/obstacle so were penned in and easy fodder.