• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do you generally use your Magic Academy?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It let me finish chapter 20 in less than a month. Don't know if that's a good thing, since now it's wait for chapter 21 time.
I am currently working ch 19. But even if I played it again right after finishing it and knew exactly what to expect, I don't think it would be possible for me to make all the guest race goods for ch 19 in a month. Is ch 20 significantly easier? Or is your guest race area just that big?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Yogi Dave How do you not collect the CC's until the FA starts? Is there a way to open and craft stuff without collecting them at the same time or do you mean you make a batch of 8 CC;s (with the recipe that does that) and then not collect or use the MA until the next FA?

AJ

ajqtrz

@muffy I'm not a woman but it's my retail fix too. I'm just too poor to have a real world shopping spree so I have to do it here.

AJ

quin629

@Yogi Dave How do you not collect the CC's until the FA starts? Is there a way to open and craft stuff without collecting them at the same time or do you mean you make a batch of 8 CC;s (with the recipe that does that) and then not collect or use the MA until the next FA?

AJ

AJ, I expect Yogi Dave meant he produces CCs in the MA rather than crafting them. You can produce endlessly without collecting. Just never click on your MA on your map. Instead click on the icon at the bottom of your screen, as though you were going to craft stuff. Then there is a separate tab in that popup for production. As soon as one of your production queues is open you can select something (like another CC) to produce again.

ajqtrz

AJ, I expect Yogi Dave meant he produces CCs in the MA rather than crafting them. You can produce endlessly without collecting. Just never click on your MA on your map. Instead click on the icon at the bottom of your screen, as though you were going to craft stuff. Then there is a separate tab in that popup for production. As soon as one of your production queues is open you can select something (like another CC) to produce again.
Thanks, I didn't know this, or did know it and forgot it, or knew it, forgot it, know it now, and will soon forget it again.

In any case, I wonder if I could, craft hundreds of items and collect them all at once? I wonder if that would crash something. I mean just how big is the production complete cache for the MA.

Oh, I just thought of this....I'm getting crafting spells mixed up with crafting other things. So you can only collect the spells when you click on the city MA but you can craft in the menu MA but have to collect it each time so you can craft the next item. Sorry, but I did warn you I get confused...forgetful...and all that.

AJ

quin629

Pretty darned big, from what some other players have said. Over 100, anyhow.

New game goal: how long can you go without clicking your MA by mistake?

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
@muffy I'm not a woman but it's my retail fix too. I'm just too poor to have a real world shopping spree so I have to do it here.

AJ
Wouldn’t it be fabulous if the money in our cities was connected to our ATM cards ?? ….. I know you thought of this too , it’s ok to admit it LOL

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Wouldn’t it be fabulous if the money in our cities was connected to our ATM cards ?? ….. I know you thought of this too , it’s ok to admit it LOL
I would probably burn the entire main hall stash buying a GT500 Mustang. And then I would have to do extra help visits and burn some coin rains in order to pay for gas and insurance... ;)

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I’d be in my jag making a world wide trip to every dispensary there was in business lol
Then I’d buy land by the river with zero people and get two of every kind of animal in the world
… change my name to moah lol
And live happily ever after ~

hoopity

Since nobody chimed in with a resource for optimizing Vision Vapor returns, I've started tracking the costs. I don't have everything yet, but so far I can say this: the Leaf Codex is a big winner.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Since nobody chimed in with a resource for optimizing Vision Vapor returns, I've started tracking the costs. I don't have everything yet, but so far I can say this: the Leaf Codex is a big winner.
What is the cost to craft and how many VV does it give? Also, is the Leaf Codex more efficient than the Lava or Sun Codex?

defiantoneks

I alternate catalysts and MM spells in the enchantments.
For crafting: pet food, large time boosts, military boosts and sometimes vitality surge.
I made all new Festival Merchants when i graduated to Exiles chapter. past that, if i have a surplus of rune fragments I may craft the AKP when it pops up.
I rarely craft relics, unless there's a mission to gain a certain amount and i feel time crunched (ie, dont want to wait for tourney)

Yogi Dave

How do you not collect the CC's until the FA starts? Is there a way to open and craft stuff without collecting them at the same time or do you mean you make a batch of 8 CC;s (with the recipe that does that) and then not collect or use the MA until the next FA?
I do craft the 8 CCs and even the 1 CC since it gives 40 VVs.
AJ, I expect Yogi Dave meant he produces CCs in the MA rather than crafting them.
Correct, I produce the CCs in the queue which I get to by clicking 'Produce' when the MA is opened via the icon.
In any case, I wonder if I could, craft hundreds of items and collect them all at once?
I don't know of a limit. It was hard to not collect until I got my MA in a corner which is easier to not 'bump' as I'm collecting nearby stuff.
.I'm getting crafting spells mixed up with crafting other things.
Use the word producing for the spells that are queued. Crafting for the buildings, etc. It helps keep that straight.
I made all new Festival Merchants when i graduated to Exiles chapter
I did that too but have plenty of them now. That's the thing. As time passes how I play changes. Toward the beginning of crafting in the MA I got several Rainbow Unicorns and flower cages. They fit anywhere and give a decent pop per sq. So, during events I'll use RR spells on them for the upgrade a building quest. It's fast, cheap and keeps their pop level decent for the new chapter. Plus, they pull the 'sledge' in wintertime.

Lady Dastardly

New game goal: how long can you go without clicking your MA by mistake?
From the end of the previous FA to a few days before the start of the next one, lol. At least that was what happened in one of my cities last time. There's something about knowing I need to be extra careful that makes it more likely I'll fat finger it :p

Like @defiantoneks, I made it all the way from the end of one to the start of the next in my other city, but I hid my MA better there.

Lady Dastardly

What is the cost to craft and how many VV does it give? Also, is the Leaf Codex more efficient than the Lava or Sun Codex?
Minmax's Crafting Recipes page is unfortunately very out of date (2020), but it does have some of the recipes. According to his sheet, all 3 codex's are the same crafting cost - 300 frags & 2 CC's, but the Leaf and Sun give 9 VV, while the Lava only gives 5. I can confirm that the data for the Leaf and Sun are correct, but I haven't seen a Lava come through yet.

quin629

From the end of the previous FA to a few days before the start of the next one, lol. At least that was what happened in one of my cities last time. There's something about knowing I need to be extra careful that makes it more likely I'll fat finger it :p

Like @defiantoneks, I made it all the way from the end of one to the start of the next in my other city, but I hid my MA better there.

What gets me in the end is fast-swiping around the city edges for event currency hiding in the grass. Having the MA up in a corner just means I clip it at least once during the event as I try to drag the screen around.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I am in chapter 20. I collect all time instants. Coin instants, CCs, combat buildings, portal profits and most supply instants and vitality surges I will also take royal restorations when I have 3 extra plans and select evolve artifacts and other things of current need. Despite my long wish list l tend to have a big supply of CCs so I also take a few buildings with high value VVs. A high level Dragon Arc also adds CCs when you most need them.

For a few months. I tried maximizing mystical objects with a persistently fed red panda, but it wasn’t worth it as it burned too many time instants and pet food.

Last edited: