• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How does perks reset work?

ElfGunn

We already had an accidental perks upgrade.

Questions:
Is the free reset available at any time, once a month, or only on the first of the month?
Does the reset put all perks back to zero, and restore all the points spent?
If all points are restored, can you then redo the perks upgrades as they were before the reset (except for the mistake!)?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My understanding is: The 'free reset' is available on the first of the month. It remains available until used. If used, it will respawn the first of the next month.
Caveat: I haven't used it myself yet, so I have no personal experience and could be dead wrong about how it works...

Huor

Are you able to tell if any of your banked tournament or spire points are still around?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Banked Spire and tournament points after a reset should show the same as when you are in a guest race chapter and sell the portal. You know how the limited goods will go from something like 1000/1000 with the portal, to 1000/0 after selling the portal? Banked points would show the same way. If you were at Spire level 2 and had banked the max of 100 points, clicking on the green + would still show the banked 100 points, but would be 100/0 if you do not level up the Spire perk again, and not let you store any more points after using those until you do level it up.

Hawk1911

@Enevhar Aldarion Is this something you tested and saw how it worked?

I'm really curious if the banked spire points work that way. I can still use archived points after reseting the perks? Even if I don't upgrade that perk to lv1 after the reset?

I want the safety net for the Spire, but don't really expect to use the points except under rare circumstances when I have multiple people out that week.

If the banked points work this way, I could level up the Spire Archive to lv3 or 4, save up 150-200 points, then reset our perks to something else and still have the safety net I want to maintain gold in Spire. I understand I can't add more points , but I don't expect to use the safety net more than once every few months (my FS only missed gold 1 time in the last 4 months...by 4 points!) If/when I use the safety net, I'll need to reset the perks, and archive some more spire points.

Has anyone tested this?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion Is this something you tested and saw how it worked?

I'm really curious if the banked spire points work that way. I can still use archived points after reseting the perks? Even if I don't upgrade that perk to lv1 after the reset?

I want the safety net for the Spire, but don't really expect to use the points except under rare circumstances when I have multiple people out that week.

If the banked points work this way, I could level up the Spire Archive to lv3 or 4, save up 150-200 points, then reset our perks to something else and still have the safety net I want to maintain gold in Spire. I understand I can't add more points , but I don't expect to use the safety net more than once every few months (my FS only missed gold 1 time in the last 4 months...by 4 points!) If/when I use the safety net, I'll need to reset the perks, and archive some more spire points.

Has anyone tested this?

Yes, this worked on Beta, and nothing was said about changing it for the Live servers.

Emily198097

Unless some mage went rogue and caught all the perk points and assigned them to the kp perk or whatever WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER RESET THE PERKS? Yes, they get more expensive but they also have more power. They can be used over and over and over again. I don't understand the reset unless it is because someone screwed up.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I don't understand the reset unless it is because someone screwed up.
Some Fellowships might find that the choices they made don't benefit their Fellowship in quite the way they thought they would. Resetting gives back all of the experience points so they can be reallocated.

There is also some strategy involved for Fellowships that want to store Spire or Tourney points for the future, but have no plans to use them immediately so will upgrade that perk, and then after storing points, reset their perks and allocate them differently.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Unless some mage went rogue
I have seen some fellowships where everyone not an archmage is a mage. I am sure not all the cooks in the kitchen in that scenario took the time to learn how FS perks work and would just click around because they saw pretty new shiny buttons.

Cleo7311

When we have Knowledge Sharing leveled up - what is the effect of doing a reset? Do we lose a day of donations while the clock starts over from zero? Someone accidentally put the last perk on another area.