• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How does this actually work?

SunsetDanar

A good portion of Elvenar is built on algorithms. Probably the best for longevity game because it's the easiest to adjust. So, I get that part. Now, considering the former , I'm finding that the further I progress in capability with Spire, upgrades in AWs and the rest, the better my chances are to score best rewards in Magic Academy. I'm comparing to our AM who has maxed out everything for AW's and gets 500 diamonds often from his MA. As I progress, I get them often now when I never did before. Anyone got an answer?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nope, everything about Elvenar is the screwy RNG system they use and all those percent chances that never seem to be real. For example, we have the Stonehenge artifact in the Spire right now. I have won 5 of them, all from a 5% chance chest and none at 10 or 20 or 30%. Statistically that should not happen, or be super rare, but in my 4+ years playing, I have seen lots of other improbable stuff like that happen. As for crafting, the higher your chapter, the more often you will craft and fill the chest, so it just seems you are getting more diamonds, when it may still be the same percent for you. If you can open, for example, three chests a week now versus 1 per week when you were smaller, of course it will seem like more chests are giving you diamonds. You will be getting them more often, just not at a higher percentage of chests opened. Or you could just be super lucky and the game is stuck in your favor, like it seems to be stuck not in the favor of people who never see what they want in crafting or never win the diamonds or never win the daily prizes they want, etc.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The thing about chances is that as long as it's in the realm of the possible, if the system is open ended, you wait long enough and it will eventually come to pass. You may list the "hit" rate as 20% but, theoretically you could open a trillion, trillion, trillion Mystical Objects and not get a single diamond payout. Statistics are only useful to predict the distribution of an aggregate set, or to discover the statistical possibilities in a given set. They aren't usually very good at predicting a small set or an individuals experience. If you try to apply a "hit rate" to your own case you will find that sometimes you get the sense that the system is "rigged," and not in your favor.

I open about 2-3 Mystical Objects a week. If I do 2 a week and 1 offers a 20% chance of getting the diamonds about 10% of the time I open Mystical Objects should get diamonds. That's what the odds predict. But since I'm only one small set, there is a pretty good chance my numbers won't match the aggregate. In fact, about fifty percent of the players will be under the predicted rate and fifty percent will be above it. The fifty percent above will not notice it too much (except at the extremes) a they will accept the positive as "par for the course" unless they are 80 to 100 percent above the norm. Then they will just think of themselves as "very lucky." The ones below the average, though, will start looking for explanations when they get 10-20% below the average and will become more and more convinced that "something is wrong" if they get to the 80-100% range. In other words, humans are perfectly fine with "good luck" as an explanation, but there can't possibly be as much "bad luck" as I'm getting. The father they go down from the "norm" experience the more they become convinced somebody is manipulating something.

It's interesting to note that Los Vegas runs in the same way. Get to lucky and they don't believe you can possibly be that lucky. So they ask you to leave. Get that unlucky and well, it's just an unlucky day, right? In other words, because your "luck" is bad for them, it must be something other than luck. Your "bad luck" is to their benefit, so it's just "the luck of the draw" and they never ask you to leave.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
, I'm finding that the further I progress in capability with Spire, upgrades in AWs and the rest, the better my chances are to score best rewards in Magic Academy. I'm comparing to our AM who has maxed out everything for AW's and gets 500 diamonds often from his MA. As I progress, I get them often now when I never did before. Anyone got an answer?
More spire progress = more CCs and more SF = more crafting = more chances at 500 diamonds.