• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How easy it is....

Sprite1313

I just take all 2 star trades first. A three star trade just says "I want to be in front" to me, so I ignore them until after I clear the 2 star trades, no matter how good they are.
Unfortunately, I think it is often (at least with sentient goods) more along the lines of: "I have discovered nobody will pick up my two star trades for elven tree gum, so I am offering a 110% trade".

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Despite all the talk about coercion and bullying, the one thing we can all agree on is both sides are equally bad at convincing anyone to actually do anything differently. :)

I mean just how much is it worth to know you are socially unaccepted?
I find what’s easier is to ask yourself if you’d rather be right or happy. I chose happy and suddenly, I don’t care what other people think or have the need to defend myself anymore. They are free hoard all the right to their little heart’s content bc I don’t need any back. Be as right as you want, but I don’t have to agree with you. Besides, if someone really believe in the validity of their position, they wouldn’t need to work themselves into a frenzy convincing anyone else of their views or feel so threatened by someone who disagrees. It would just be a confident, unshakable inner knowing that you feel no need to defend, unless for entertainment values. Those clouds hovering nearby trying to pull you into their darkness will dissipate on their own bc they can’t be their grumpy, angry selves feeding off your sunny disposition. So knowing I am socially unaccepted is actually invaluable because it’s liberating to just be me without needing external validation from society or others. Feel free to interview my mother about the boss level disappointment I’ve achieved so far :D

P.S. Not going to lie. All this has hyped up my anticipation of when @Iyapo1 lets loose her dam on moonstone library limitations. She said she’s saving the melodramatic for it and she is an excellent saver so I am very excited for that episode to come out on my forum streaming service. If there was a subscribe button, I would have already bashed it. I would even allow an email notification (unless you are doing house calls too so there is less reading involved). I need something else to look forward to since there is no way I can clear space for a 6x7 Forbidden Forest set.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Better filters for the trader would be awesome! I have no problem with cross tier trades being allowed, though. As for players who routinely post 0-1 star trades? I just learn who they are and don't take any of their trades, even good 3* same-tier trades. It does make taking trades outside the FS take longer. And, I never trade on the mobile app. Either my fat fingers or the change in how trades reset as opposed to browser makes it too likely I'll make a mistake, so I just don't do it.
I'm only talking T1, 2, and 3 goods here, not Sentients which can be different. Sentients are also traded world-wide, not just in the discovered neighborhood meaning a larger range of different trading styles.
I don't take cross tier trades (other than to help FS members), but I like them being available to use when an FS member needs help. My reasons are not the perceived value of those trades. I do it because my cities are designed to produce goods sustainably balanced within each tier. I may have fewer T3 goods than T1 goods, but the game does not require as many T3's so it's balanced even though they're not equal amounts. Also, I am lucky to have had a few years of play prior to the Moonstone set wreaking havoc with the balance in T2 goods. So, yes, I have 63million scrolls in this crystal boosted city, but crystal/silk are balanced at around 8mil each. Routinely taking even good 3* cross trades makes it really difficult to maintain the balance I like within each tier. Yes, with effort, I could do it, but it's not how I prefer to play, so I'm not gonna do it :p

Sprite1313

The tide is turning. I am Gum and folks are picking up 2 star trades now
Yes. I am, happily, also finding the same to be true for scrolls (at least in my neighbourhood). I always used to post those as 3* trades, now they are going on a 1:1 ratio. I also had a LOT of young cities moved near me in the great migration, so that is probably part of it. Looks like the balancing of the moonstone library is helping (I still wish they would allow for multiples for new players).

Iyapo1

Unfortunately, I think it is often (at least with sentient goods) more along the lines of: "I have discovered nobody will pick up my two star trades for elven tree gum, so I am offering a 110% trade".
I went through this on Harander with scrolls. No one would take my two star trades, no one would take my 10% off trades, no one would take my 40% off trades.... it is why I have an issue. I take two star trades first! Always.

As for cross trades, I am about to become a cross trading maniac on Harander. I am putting up as many scroll manufactories as I can today to increase production and do what I can for my little corner. As of now- 10 scroll manufactories and still adding. And when I have oodles of scrolls I will still take two star same tier first....okay to be fair I will take two star steel for scrolls first(steel shortage in my area too)

Myne

Oh Wise One
I went through this on Harander with scrolls. No one would take my two star trades, no one would take my 10% off trades, no one would take my 40% off trades.... it is why I have an issue. I take two star trades first! Always.

As for cross trades, I am about to become a cross trading maniac on Harander. I am putting up as many scroll manufactories as I can today to increase production and do what I can for my little corner. As of now- 10 scroll manufactories and still adding. And when I have oodles of scrolls I will still take two star same tier first....okay to be fair I will take two star steel for scrolls first(steel shortage in my area too)

Gosh I wish you were in my neighborhood!

Katarax

Exactly. I have to post 3 star trades when it comes to sentient goods, otherwise they’ll most likely expire. I tend to post 3 star with my T1 goods too, but that’s just to be generous since I have a surplus. Never occurred to me it could be seen as a negative thing though.

Iyapo1

that’s just to be generous since I have a surplus. Never occurred to me it could be seen as a negative thing though.

Players with massive scroll surpluses undercut the Harander scroll market so badly by offering increasingly generous 3 star trades that a lot of scroll players quit. It is all a matter of circumstances and degree. There is nothing wrong with your trades but as a scroll boosted player on Harander... I take 2 star trades first, that entire debacle was unpleasant for me, I almost quit....

I do put up 3 star trades. Silly ones, for fun like 10000: 1250 T1 trades for the first taker. I thought I was going to need to start putting up 3 star soon just to get steel, but I will have a decent workaround soon.

DeletedUser30612

Your making me feel guilty for not allowing @helya to restore my original boosts in Harandar a couple of weeks ago. I didn‘t want to lose my bobbin postal service building nor all my festival culture buildings.

Katarax

Players with massive scroll surpluses undercut the Harander scroll market so badly by offering increasingly generous 3 star trades that a lot of scroll players quit. It is all a matter of circumstances and degree. There is nothing wrong with your trades but as a scroll boosted player on Harander... I take 2 star trades first, that entire debacle was unpleasant for me, I almost quit....

I do put up 3 star trades. Silly ones, for fun like 10000: 1250 T1 trades for the first taker. I thought I was going to need to start putting up 3 star soon just to get steel, but I will have a decent workaround soon.
I’d never really thought about it that way before. My boosts are marble/crystal/gems and there’s not any demand in my area for them so 3 stars were done out of necessity, especially in the beginning, but now that I’m comfortable with my steel and planks amount it makes sense to stop offering 3 star marble so I’m not undercutting other marble-boosted players who are in more desperate need and may not be able to afford to give away their boosts like I can. Thank you for the new perspective!

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Your making me feel guilty for not allowing @helya to restore my original boosts in Harandar a couple of weeks ago. I didn‘t want to lose my bobbin postal service building nor all my festival culture buildings.
I have no idea why I would be making you feel guilty? If you gave up a steel or a scroll boost on Harander that was unfortunate(they are in high demand) but guilt worthy it is not

DeletedUser30612

I have no idea why I would be making you feel guilty? If you gave up a steel or a scroll boost on Harander that was unfortunate(they are in high demand) but guilt worthy it is not
I didn’t give it up on purpose I actually wanted those boosts, my odd. I asked for all my other scroll/dust cities to be deleted and they deleted the one I wanted to keep. I still have steel not a fan of crystal though.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Exactamundo

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Exactly. I have to post 3 star trades when it comes to sentient goods, otherwise they’ll most likely expire. I tend to post 3 star with my T1 goods too, but that’s just to be generous since I have a surplus. Never occurred to me it could be seen as a negative thing though.

It never occurred to me either. I am sometimes shocked at how trying to do a good turn is perceived as a negative.

I'll never forget the time when I was new and I didn't have many neighbors, but several people would visit me that I could not visit. I felt so bad that I couldn't return the favor, so I decided to "help" them and show my thanks by donating 5 kp to each of their wonders. I was called a "leech," and I was stunned. I feel sorry for new players. There should be an etiquette guide somewhere so that they don't wind up as stunned and upset as I was.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

For me it is more "I want my trades taken before the goods decay overnight, so I will offer a bonus to get the goods now." Rather than 2 or 3 days later, after a good chunk has decayed away.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I find what’s easier is to ask yourself if you’d rather be right or happy. I chose happy and suddenly, I don’t care what other people think or have the need to defend myself anymore.

Exactly what I was referring to. I know that I am very likely to defend myself if I feel attacked but otherwise it just isn't worth the drama. What I was really referring to was those who intentionally start arguments they know they cannot "win" but continue to stir the pot over & over. I would assume maybe negative attention is so tempting because they feel attention deprived? IDK but how it is worth becoming a pariah is something I guess I will never understand :confused:

Iyapo1

farp,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg

thx569

Holy trades Batman. Do trades as I say or else be punished. Is there an HOA of traders? You don't like the trades? Then keep scrolling. It's the no star trades that show up the players who take advantage or who are just plain greedy.