• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How good or bad is the Mercenary Camp?

Risen Malchiah

For my elven city, I built the Merc Camp in fairies to get the Blossom Mage (superior range than the sorceress).

For my human city, I found no use for it until the Ranger became strong enough to use since its walk & shoot range is phenomenal for taking out pesky mages that normal archers can't reach. They're weak against other things though, so they're specialty units.

Once Toads were lvl 2, I've found them incredibly useful in both cities. There are times when the Toad is a better option than the Golem for staying out of range and striking a target hiding behind enemy lines. For humans, the Toad is less useful, but due to its higher initiative, sometimes there are encounters where you'd like to hit something before it attacks your dogs or archers who might be vulnerable.

Also, blossom mages can be useful for humans eventually as well, even though they're weaker since they go before all enemy mages. There are times when using an archer will get it killed and it might be better to use a blossom mage to hit the enemy mage (like when it's paired with heavy ranged).