• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How is there a limit to province expansions?

Yogi Dave

Bottom line, is because INNO says so, but that's not helpful. ;) For each of the last few chapters Inno has increase the number expansion by one province and two tech expansion. This appears to be their way to limit how big our cities can grow without buying premium expansions. However, even with all the premium, province, tech and original 6 expansions you are limited to 159. Our city grid is 13 x 13 which allows for 169. With a tech and two prov expansions per chapter means at the end chapter 20 there will only be one spot left in the grid, as long as they don't add any more premium ones. So, it's getting close before they have to expand the grid yet again. Which, I guess is a second reason to limit the prov expansions.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Because there is a visible limit on the number of expansions around your city? Every one of those 5x5 plots is already assigned to either research, province completion, or premium purchase.

@Yogi Dave no, that only covers through chapter 19. Remember, two research and two premium per chapter, plus one new from scouting, is 5 per chapter, not three.

Gladiola

iirc, some of the limitations on how big our cities can get have to do with time it takes to load on various devices as well as the memory requirements per se. Loading large cities when visiting is already painfully slow on my antiquated chromebook. I don't want to imagine trying to play one. Some of it may have to do with how long it will take a number of us to get rid of old devices and get new ones that can handle bigger cities.

Yogi Dave

visiting is already painfully slow on my antiquated chromebook
I found on an old computer I used in the past that putting the graphics on low helped.

I presume you are talking about neighborhood visits since all others can be done without loading the city. If you used mobile, even neighborhood visits are quicker. Maybe you could load an android emulator like bluestacks or nox on your chromebook and run elvenar in it for neighborhood visits.

Gladiola

If you used mobile, even neighborhood visits are quicker. Maybe you could load an android emulator like bluestacks or nox on your chromebook and run elvenar in it for neighborhood visits.

Thank you for the good suggestions! I keep graphics on low to get it to run faster in my own 13-expansion city. I could do neighborhood visits through the app in the google play store. If I ever get a big neighbor, I'll do that. I do my fellowship visits through the fellowship list unless I actually want to admire their city. Some of the problem might also be that I share internet with several people in my house.