• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How long do Ch. 14-16 take?

DeepTerminal

I took me 1 year to go from Chapter 5 to 13. I tried everything to avoid getting tech-locked. During this year, I only got tech-locked 2-3 times, each time lasting 1-2 days. So it's been non-stop researching.

I heard that Ch. 16 is extremely long because of the ridiculous KP requirements for each research. If I try to progress as fast as I can, how long do you think Ch. 14-16 will take?

I have 10+ premium expansions and have enough diamonds to buy 4-5 more when discount comes. I also have tons of portal profits and willing to spam all sorts of instants to progress as fast as possible.

I've seen people say that for the average player, Ch. 16 alone will take around 6 months. So is 1 year roughly how long it will take for Ch. 14-16?

Thanks

Deleted User - 1178646

I took me 1 year to go from Chapter 5 to 13. I tried everything to avoid getting tech-locked. During this year, I only got tech-locked 2-3 times, each time lasting 1-2 days. So it's been non-stop researching.

I heard that Ch. 16 is extremely long because of the ridiculous KP requirements for each research. If I try to progress as fast as I can, how long do you think Ch. 14-16 will take?

I have 10+ premium expansions and have enough diamonds to buy 4-5 more when discount comes. I also have tons of portal profits and willing to spam all sorts of instants to progress as fast as possible.

I've seen people say that for the average player, Ch. 16 alone will take around 6 months. So is 1 year roughly how long it will take for Ch. 14-16?

Thanks

Chapter 15 can be done fairly quick assuming you build ~ T6 factories and spamm some magical productions on them
Chapter 15 indeed needs a lot of knowledge points.

For the 2 chapters combines it's ~10K knowledge points.
As for portal profits, they will be of use, but not for all research in chapter 15 and only for a portion in chapter 16 as some reseach in chapter 15 and a lot of research in chapter 16 will require a lot of goods you cannot create with portal profits

How fast you could go depends on your tournament abilities as it's the fastest way to accumulate a lot of knowledge points.
The main problem is that the current tournament format will be replaced soon, and in the new version you might be able to do a lot less.

Currently KP wise a tournament crazy person pushing everything to the max could do those 2 chapters in about 3-5 months.
But even with the tournament changes not all is lost.

Events occur often and if you target for it, you can get hundreds of knowledge points out of them each event, this will also help you quite a bit.

Success, good luck and enjoy the last 2 chapters.

DeletedUser19458

I am nearing end of 16, about 10 researches to go. I have definitely not kept track, but I feel like it's been about 2-3 months per chapter (14 a bit faster). I just hit 2 years playing game, if that is any gauge for you.

15 and 16 are tedious and not much fun. I feel for anyone hitting 16 with the new tournament format. Wouldn't surprise me to see 16 revised down the road.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
AND... it begs the question... why be in a hurry? It may feel like progress, but sometimes knowing the trip will be over once you reach the end of the line might make you want to drive a little slower. I'm having fun and don't quite know what I'll do when I reach the end since the only things left at that point or the Spire, which I finish each week in a couple days, the tournament (average about 4500 pts) which is getting easier and easier, an occasional FA, and events. This will leave most of Saturdays and a good deal of Friday night with little to nothing to do. Not sure I'd like that. Taking the research slow though, will let me concentrate on that for a day or so and that should fill my time nicely. Of course, I could just come to the forums and write some long, laborious walls of text (insert collective groan here), but I that can only go so far. Arguing with the same person, with whom I seem to butt heads with constantly, -- but in a friendly manner, I might add, -- will, some day get old too.

So beware, rushing through anything means it might be over before you are done enjoying it. Eat slow, as the food tastes great but there are no taste buds in your stomach.

AJ

NightshadeCS

There is someone in my fellowship who finished chapter 16 in two months. I think you have to have the type of mind that finds efficiencies everywhere in order to do that, as it is taking me FAR longer.

You sound like someone who knows how do design for speed, so I don't think it will take you as long as it does some others. There ways to get a lot of KP. Tournament changes may hamper that, but I don't know.

Deleted User - 3932582

C14 - 37 days
C15 - 54 days
C16 - 72 days

That's with fairly modest tournament participation (~5.5K). But only C16 was truly constrained by KPs, the rest I wouldn't be able to do much faster due to production constraints. I have never been tech-locked the entire game.

I also know a player who finished C16 in less than a month, so this is possible.

Of course, now I'd expect new tournament format to go live soon, so all those numbers will likely look much, much worse.

T6583

My numbers are very similar to MinMax give or take a few days for Ch 14 and 15. The hardest part for Ch. 15 is the techs that require guest race goods that you can't use portal profits on and the high number of Sentient goods. Especially S3 goods. But this can be overcome by building additional factories. Chapter 16 took me approx 3 months to complete but that was with KP farming up to 5 stars for 30 proviences during tourney as well.

Deleted User - 3932582

Chapter 17 seems to require less KPs than Chapter 16, but still more than Chapter 15. So not much reprieve there.