• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much wood should I be making if...

• Thread starter Deleted User - 848894468
  • Start date

Deleted User - 848894468

How much wood should I be making if:

Elf World
Boosted Wood at 700
Level 15
1 day = 1384
2 day = 2024

Just curious if this seems a little low or not

Thank you for your time

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
How much wood do you need? This depends a lot on how you play, e.g. if you cater a lot or you don't cater at all?
I try to watch my inventory. If it drops over time then I don't make enough and then I either need to produce more or use less.
If it keep raising over time then I will consider teleporting a factory away.

Gkyr

Chef
If you run out of planks, upgrade your manufactories or build more.
If your planks keep increasing, balance-trade for more t1, t2, t3.
If all your goods seem to be accumulating faster than you need them, use them to negotiate or cater.
If you need the tiles for other things, then listen to The Fairy, above.

Deleted User - 848894468

How much wood do you need? This depends a lot on how you play, e.g. if you cater a lot or you don't cater at all?
I try to watch my inventory. If it drops over time then I don't make enough and then I either need to produce more or use less.
If it keep raising over time then I will consider teleporting a factory away.

I watch my inventory constantly in all 5 cities I have. I only use what I need, the only extra buildings I have are the ones that produce supplies & goods that I can use along with the basics buildings to grow my city. I have 5 wood factories and feel it is not enough... the only time I may cater is the last 2-3 battles in a tournament round. I guess maybe for this city that is what they set. I am in Chapter 5 and now able to upgrade again...

Deleted User - 848894468

The biggest reason for asking such a question:

Elf World
Boosted Wood at 700
Level 15
1 day = 1384
2 day = 2024

My Human world
Boosted Wood at 700
Level 13
1 day = 3216

That is a big different

Deleted User - 848894468

The biggest reason for asking such a question:

Elf World
Boosted Wood at 700
Level 15
1 day = 1384
2 day = 2024

My Human world
Boosted Wood at 700
Level 13
1 day = 3216

That is a big different

Think I found my answer... humans are set higher 684 max / 700% ---- Elfs are set @ 536 max / 700%
That makes a big difference :(

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
That makes a big difference :(
Early game humans make more Tier1 goods; elves make more of the Tier2 and Tier3 goods. Tiers 2 and 3 become equal earlier, but even Tier 1 evens out with the first factory upgrades in Ch6 Dwarves. I only play as an elf, so not sure, but I *think* those early human factories are larger and require more pop/culture than the elven ones, too. I also *think* that means the per square output is equal if you factor in the pop/culture squares required to support them.

Gladiola

Early chapter human factories are definitely much bigger than elf factories, at least for marble (after the first 5 levels anyway).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Vennala it is as @samidodamage said, the footprint between elf and humans are drastically different. Human factories take up more space and therefore make more. A level 15 elf plank is 3x2 and Level 13 human plank is 4x4!!! See wiki.

I concur with everyone that have said it’s playing style that dictates how many you need. For example, I have 10 level 19 elf planks in my dwarf city, which may be considered overkill from the onset, but I am finding it not enough. This is my experimental city where I am not playing with any T2 factories since I am scroll boosted and have also recently changed objectives by deciding it will be a predominately catering city despite it built for fighting. It was making excess goods before, but due to objective change, I now need even more. So the right number is whatever your goals are :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I watch my inventory constantly in all 5 cities I have. I only use what I need, the only extra buildings I have are the ones that produce supplies & goods that I can use along with the basics buildings to grow my city. I have 5 wood factories and feel it is not enough... the only time I may cater is the last 2-3 battles in a tournament round. I guess maybe for this city that is what they set. I am in Chapter 5 and now able to upgrade again...
If you are not making enough for your needs then make more.

Iyapo1

@Dew Spinner
@Lelanya This comment mirrored my very first thought when I read:

I have 5 wood factories and feel it is not enough
The answer to the original question is, "it depends on..."
If you are not making enough to meet your needs, make more or use less, pick one. Upgrade, use MMs more often, allocate some speedups, shorten p/u cycles, build another manufactory.....or reduce your demand by clearing fewer provinces, slowing down on city progression, doing less in tourney/spire/events/fa.

I thought what Lelanya said was a valid response, make more!

Gladiola

I am a newbie elf, even newbier than you are, and my boost is marble. I've been running 8 marble factories at level 9 when they are 2x2 and am going to try to get by with 7 when they expand to 3x2. I am just starting to build a planks city, and am aiming for 8 planks factories to begin with as well.

Dew Spinner

@Dew Spinner
@Lelanya This comment mirrored my very first thought when I read:

The answer to the original question is, "it depends on..."
If you are not making enough to meet your needs, make more or use less, pick one. Upgrade, use MMs more often, allocate some speedups, shorten p/u cycles, build another manufactory.....or reduce your demand by clearing fewer provinces, slowing down on city progression, doing less in tourney/spire/events/fa.

I thought what Lelanya said was a valid response, make more!
What a refreshing detailed response that would actually help a new player figure out how to correct the situation they are in...Bravo!