• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to Backup Game

gw1500se

I'm surprised no one, I can find, has asked this question nor is it in the wiki. I made the mistake of running a PC cleaner and apparently this game uses cookies to store data rather than a file on the server. Thus the question is how do I backup the game in event I need to restore it? TIA.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm curious as to what you lost. While it's possible that the cookies contain vital information, I would think that data would at least be on the server as well.

So what did you lose?

AJ

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
All of your information is stored on our end. You can log back into your city at any time using your username and password. Cities are removed though, after a period of inactivity. Make sure you log in regularly.

gw1500se

It was not a time issue (1 day). It started as if it was my first time on after I ran the clean up that removed cookies. Perhaps it needs a cookie to find my original data?

rvtdragon1

Only a thought, did you perhaps log into the wrong world? Your city is in Arendyll (US1). If you click on the wrong world you will see a basically blank city.

I clear cookies and history every time I shut down for the day. Never had this happen in 5 years.

Hopefully you have found your city since you posted this.

Cleo7311

But I have 3 cities that got started in error because of login issues and Customer Support declines to delete them.

Deleted User - 1178646

But I have 3 cities that got started in error because of login issues and Customer Support declines to delete them.
Off course they do, can you prove that they are yours?
What if I send a mail to support claiming your city is mine and I want them to delete it? should they?

To delete a city it needs to be abandoned for a long time, or you need to remove them yourself with the goodbye tool using your login credentials to confirm your identity. and then there is a 7 day waiting period in which you can reverse your deletion. Just in case you nasty little brother who got angry at you decided to delete your account.

Thats the way it should be

Hueanthar

I can log onto Elvenar from any computer with internet access using only my username and password. My progress isn't linked to my individual computer.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Odd. Anyway I was not that far into it so starting over was not a big deal. Now it would be.
A few things could have happened, you may have started in another world, as @rvtdragon1 said, or it's also possible that you accidentally logged in on the wrong server and have started a new world on EN.

If you submit a support ticket we can probably get you pointed in the right direction.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Cleo7311 Right, a year and a half ago the Support people were not allowed to delete cities for players. That was changed earlier this year, so now they can. You just have to write to them again and name the exact worlds you do not want any more and they will delete those.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I made the mistake of running a PC cleaner and apparently this game uses cookies to store data rather than a file on the server.
btw, some of them have exclude lists. this allows you to run the app and clean your system, but leave some cookies alone. for example, i've excluded the domains us.forum.elvenar.com and us.elvenar.com so i don't have to keep logging in the forum and game after i run a sweep.