• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to get Dragon Abbey runes?

ElfGunn

I've had the DA unlocked for some time. I've researched and paid for the first few techs in Halflings. But I'm not getting any DA runes, none at all. I've filled two by forging shattered runes. For context, I play exclusively on the mobile app.

Is there something I'm not doing? Conversely, are there any specific ways to get DA runes?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Placing AW kps on other players’ Dragon Abby wonders is one way to get the runes. Another is through tournament encounters.

Edit to add you can farm runes from the AWs in your inventory you don’t wish to build. Insert runes into those AWs until the broken shard bar is full. Go to your DA and create a rune. Repeat until DA is full or other AWs are full. Build and sell the AWs that are full to create more broken shards.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Other than getting from another player's DA when helping, every other way to get rune shards is random and will give them for any AW you have researched.

Myne

Oh Wise One
You do not have to just contribute to your fellowships AWs, you can also pull up the listings of players, search for someone around your level that has that AW and contribute. Don't do a 1 KP though, that is just tacky and will get you bumped out of the running for chests usually.

ElfGunn

I'm as active in tournaments as ever, so that shouldn't be the reason for the drought. I can certainly go hunting for other players on the world map in need of DA help.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Click on your placement number under your portrait. It will bring up player listings in order of placement. Look above you in placement and visit cities until you find one that has a DA, and contribute. It's not fast by any means, but it does work. Ask me how I know this. lol

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@ElfGunn Have a look at the top fellowships on your server, and find one who is using the NetZero swap method.
If they are anything like my FS, someone has a DA that they wish to level and they'll gladly let you have the top reward chest for the same price as you get back from it. Just ask the AM.
The last time someone told us they needed Simia runes 6 of us decided to level ours next and they grabbed 6 top chests in a few days, enough for a full ring and then some.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@ElfGunn A 2nd way to get Dragon Abbey would be by harvesting broken shards. Pick one of the early game AWs you never plan to use but for which you have lots of rune shards for. Build it. Then as soon as it is finished, sell it off. This will clear the rune wheel for that AW. You can then start putting runes back in it. Some of them will break and become broken shards. You can then use the broken shards to make runes for your Dragon Abbey. Also if you have any Ferris Wheels, they can make extra broken shards also.

ElfGunn

@ElfGunn A 2nd way to get Dragon Abbey would be by harvesting broken shards. Pick one of the early game AWs you never plan to use but for which you have lots of rune shards for. Build it. Then as soon as it is finished, sell it off. This will clear the rune wheel for that AW. You can then start putting runes back in it. Some of them will break and become broken shards. You can then use the broken shards to make runes for your Dragon Abbey. Also if you have any Ferris Wheels, they can make extra broken shards also.

If I've got, say, 40 runes accumulated on an AW, and do as you suggest, do I get to try inserting those runes? Or do they go away when you sell the AW. Lol, I'm not sure 40'will be enough...I had 2 runes filled on my DA, inserted a third and it shattered.

I do have a couple Ferris Wheels in inventory, I'll build them.

DeletedUser29768

If I've got, say, 40 runes accumulated on an AW, and do as you suggest, do I get to try inserting those runes? Or do they go away when you sell the AW.
Runes that have not been inserted are retained when an AW is sold.
I'm not sure 40'will be enough...I had 2 runes filled on my DA, inserted a third and it shattered.
Even at a ratio of 3 shattered:1 successful (rather unlikely), it would still only take 36 runes, so you would have enough.

ElfGunn

You'd think, right? I get it that when you've got 7 runes filled you're likely to have the next one shatter. But when you've only got 2 of 9 filled, the next one should insert, dang it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If I've got, say, 40 runes accumulated on an AW, and do as you suggest, do I get to try inserting those runes? Or do they go away when you sell the AW. Lol, I'm not sure 40'will be enough...I had 2 runes filled on my DA, inserted a third and it shattered.
The runes you have in inventory will remain. Indeed, the entire purpose of this strategy is to clear the rune wheel so you can keep inserting runes into an AW you will never use. Except instead of hoping the rune wheel fills up, you will be hoping that as many as possible break so that you can use the broken shards on the AW you actually want. If you have 40 runes, it is very likely you will fill up the rune wheel again on your donor AW. I have never kept exact stats, but it seems to me when I have done this in the past I normally use somewhere in the ballpark of 30 runes before completing the rune wheel. Since 8 are inserted, this ratio means you would be get roughly 20 broken shards. Which would make 2 runes for Dragon Abbey.

ElfGunn

Am I missing something? I followed the steps listed, but when I sell, I don't get any of the 812 pop back that it cost to build. I'm using the Golden Abyss because it had 121 runes stopped up. I play the mobile app exclusively, is it different on the PC?

I went through 1624 pop before I realized what was happening.

ElfGunn

D'oh! I should've used the Endless Excavation. No pop required.

Anyway, my DA is complete. I don't have a Glitter Glade to make my unicorns fart rainbows, but I've got a bunch of other enchantments to burn to get mana.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Am I missing something? I followed the steps listed, but when I sell, I don't get any of the 812 pop back that it cost to build. I'm using the Golden Abyss because it had 121 runes stopped up. I play the mobile app exclusively, is it different on the PC?

I went through 1624 pop before I realized what was happening.
Golden Abyss does not cost any population to build. It DOES add population to your city. So when you built GA, it added population to your city. When you destroyed it, you would have lost the extra population it provided. That is probably what caused the swings in pop you are describing.

On a side note, if I were you I would just build and upgrade Golden Abyss. On a square for square basis it is the single best source of both gold and population in the game. There might be a few rare exceptions out there, but I think almost every advanced player has Golden Abyss in their city. I have it. And my selection of AWs is fairly tightly focused on the military AWs which let me fight better. GA does not do this. But the benefits it provides are just too good to pass up.