• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help How to navigate Fellowship Adventure?

lambbb

I'm new to Elvenar and so is everyone else in my fellowship so we're just the blind leading the blind lol. A little help would be appreciated.

Do we only have to complete 1 path to the end, or do we have to fill all of them? I started on the orange path because it looks the most feasible, but now my fellowship filled the first steps for orange, blue, AND green, and are almost through with the first multicolor points on all 3 paths too. Should I be donating to all the paths, or just stick to one?

Also, we definitely won't finish. Is there a reward to partial completion, or should I just move on and give it another shot next time?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Do we only have to complete 1 path to the end, or do we have to fill all of them? I started on the orange path because it looks the most feasible, but now my fellowship filled the first steps for orange, blue, AND green, and are almost through with the first multicolor points on all 3 paths too. Should I be donating to all the paths, or just stick to one?
You only need to get to the flag. That could mean staying on one color or starting out at one color and switching to a different color path at the multi-color checkpoints. FA requires group effort so the more organized and coordinated your group is, the better they will do. For Archmages/mages, FAs is an exercise in shepherding, docile sheep if you're lucky or kittens if you are not. Archmages/Mages/Ambassadors all have rights to pull the flag so make sure people know what they're doing and don't pull too early. Otherwise, demote people to fellows for the duration of FA and promote them again after. To qualify for the prize of each stage, players must put in at least one badge per stage. Bystanders get nothing.

Also, we definitely won't finish. Is there a reward to partial completion, or should I just move on and give it another shot next time?
In your case, I would try to do one path to the flag and if you finish early, do other checkpoints. That's how you would maximize points. If you pull the flag and advance to stage 2, it will be much harder to complete each checkpoint. At your FS's development, that doesn't sound feasible. Hence, work to complete multi-color checkpoints and the other checkpoings on Stage 1 if you've made it to the flag. Someone should pull the flag before the FA is over though.

Tips: Look at this gallery to see how people maximize their cities for badge making. The 9hr and 1 or 2-day production badges are usually done with just level 1 workshops or tier 1 (T1) factories for minimal space to squeeze in more. You're likely going to need your "big" workshops to make supplies your city needs for daily operation so it isn't ideal if they are tied up to 1 day productions (unless you're a casual player checking in less frequently). The Spire (unlocks in chap 3 or 5 depending on what tech tree they got) is where you can acquire teleports to put things into inventory without selling. It also gets you Ghost badges completing encounters there. Good luck!

Kadhrin

Only one path is needed from starting flag to finishing flag.
(You can zig-zag at the tri-color points, but that takes more goods than staying on one color.)
There are three maps, and each map has different rewards for finishing.

lambbb

FA requires group effort so the more organized and coordinated your group is, the better they will do. For Archmages/mages, FAs is an exercise in shepherding, docile sheep if you're lucky or kittens if you are not. Archmages/Mages/Ambassadors all have rights to pull the flag so make sure people know what they're doing and don't pull too early. Otherwise, demote people to fellows for the duration of FA and promote them again after. To qualify for the prize of each stage, players must put in at least one badge per stage. Bystanders get nothing.
Yeah, I was just trying to figure out what I should do/where to donate badges since there really isn't any instruction from my fellowship, it seems to be everyone's first time. Of our 20+ members, everyone is an ambassador except 1 archmage, and I'm gleaning there's typically more of a hierarchy. I tried to start some discussion but even people that are actively helping and donating badges aren't responding to the chat, so I guess I'll need to look at joining a different fellowship for next time if I want to do the fellowship adventure.

You only need to get to the flag. That could mean staying on one color or starting out at one color and switching to a different color path at the multi-color checkpoints. In your case, I would try to do one path to the flag and if you finish early, do other checkpoints. That's how you would maximize points. Someone should pull the flag before the FA is over though.
So if we don't get 1 path all the way to the flag, and do only the first 4 steps of 3 different paths instead, we won't get anything? That seems to be the route we're heading, and I wanna help if there's an achievable goal, but I don't wanna waste my time. Thanks for the detailed response!

Last edited:

crackie

Yeah, I was just trying to figure out what I should do/where to donate badges since there really isn't any instruction from my fellowship, it seems to be everyone's first time. Of our 20+ members, everyone is an ambassador except 1 archmage, and I'm gleaning there's typically more of a hierarchy. I tried to start some discussion but even people that are actively helping and donating badges aren't responding to the chat, so I guess I'll need to look at joining a different fellowship for next time if I want to do the fellowship adventure.
Yeah, unfortunately, the game algo for FS suggestions is pretty awful and likes to lump all the new players together so this sort of silly situation occurs more frequent than not. :rolleyes: You know you want to do FA, but now also consider your playing style. Do you like to take it easy (casual)? Do you like going hard (competitive)? Are you somewhere in the middle? Once you've determined what you want out of the game, find your server and scope out the FS looking for players in the Game Worlds subforum to see if there's one that fits. It looks like you're in Elcy. Alternatively, click around reading their FS descriptions and punch in their fellowship name on Elvenstats. That site will show you how much tourney they do as a group and how active (based on score change) players in the group are. BE AS PICKY AS YOU WANT! If you get rejected for being too small, don't feel bad. You prob don't want to be in that fellowship anyway. Small cities can be very productive and they grow to be powerhouse medium cities pretty quickly. Alternatively, you can start your own thread in Elcy and tell people what you're looking for in a FS and have suitors come to you.

So if we don't get 1 path all the way to the flag, and do only the first 4 steps of 3 different paths instead, we won't get anything? That seems to be the route we're heading, and I wanna help if there's an achievable goal, but I don't wanna waste my time. Thanks for the detailed response!
Yes. You score points by completing checkpoints but the best goodies are in the flag. If you don't earn enough points to do much in rankings, it doesn't help much. The only exception is it's somewhat hard to do one path on Stage 1 and get everyone in the map to qualify for the stage prize. Straying on stage 1 isn't too horrible, as long as they aren't wasting difficult long production badges like farmers, smiths, necklaces, statues, etc.

Ambassadors have ability to recruit people to fellowship (accept/send applications) and pull flags (don't know why the devs did this). Too many ambassadors, and mages for that matter, that don't know what they're doing is potential for trouble bc they have too many privileges they don't know how to use. Randomly clicking buttons they don't understand can lead to drama.

There are a few things to consider in FA. The prizes fall under 3 categories...(1) mediocre dingbats, (2) FS XP points, (3) Tomes or Artifacts, (4) Bragging Rights and Camaraderie. The stuff in #1 group is pretty insignificant. It's a bunch of timers and meh buildings (have I mentioned mediocre?). The XP points is decent, esp for new fellowships, but how much you get depends on how you finish in rank (only available to Top 100 finishers). If you're not in contention to finish in the Top 100, no big deal. If you are, then you want to get as many checkpoints done as you can before you advance to next stage. Each stage gets progressively more demanding and requires more badges to finish each checkpoint. The Tomes/Artifacts are mostly what people are after and they are in the stage prizes, which means you can acquire them by only doing one path and ignoring rank. The Bragging Rights/Camaraderie is mostly what people that go hard in FA enjoy, and it's a feeling and nothing tangible so if you don't want to compete for this, don't worry about it either.

Anoddeel

I'm new to Elvenar and so is everyone else in my fellowship so we're just the blind leading the blind lol. A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks for posting this. I, too, am confused. My fellowship (of which I am only a Fellow) completed the whole map before someone pulled the flag. We're now starting over with level 2. I thought we only had to complete one path (or reach the flag) to achieve the trunks. Are there two strategies? 1) reach the flag, pull the flag, start over on the next level, etc. 2) clear the map, start over on the next level, clear it again, start over on level 3

crackie

Thanks for posting this. I, too, am confused. My fellowship (of which I am only a Fellow) completed the whole map before someone pulled the flag. We're now starting over with level 2. I thought we only had to complete one path (or reach the flag) to achieve the trunks. Are there two strategies? 1) reach the flag, pull the flag, start over on the next level, etc. 2) clear the map, start over on the next level, clear it again, start over on level 3
It depends on what you guys determine important in the list of prize categories I posted above. Some FS absolutely dread FS adventures and only do one path to be done with it because the Stage prizes are what they're after. Groups going for rank and bragging rights have no problems flying through all 3 stages doing all 3 paths.

If you're a new FS, it's prob very difficult to finish the path to 2nd flag, which means the flag prize will be out of reach. Therefore, you'd get more bang for your badges by first finishing a path to the flag on stage 1, then do multi-color checkpoints (they have more points than regular ones), then do regular checkpoints. Practice working together and the maps will get easier and next FA, you'll have better shot at finishing stage 2.

crackie

P.S. I did embed in a newbie fellowship like this with a new account just to observe what is going on. We barely finished the path to stage 1 and was almost dead on arrival in stage 2, meaning not enough badges to even finish the first checkpoint after the starter one. Since I was mostly observing, I let the archmage do whatever. She pulled the flag right away once we finished a path. Some people figured out to stick to a path and others were just dropping badges willy nilly everywhere, including costly badges like smiths and statues. I totally understand what you're all going through lol

Anoddeel

It depends on what you guys determine important in the list of prize categories I posted above. Some FS absolutely dread FS adventures and only do one path to be done with it because the Stage prizes are what they're after. Groups going for rank and bragging rights have no problems flying through all 3 stages doing all 3 paths.

If you're a new FS, it's prob very difficult to finish the path to 2nd flag, which means the flag prize will be out of reach. Therefore, you'd get more bang for your badges by first finishing a path to the flag on stage 1, then do multi-color checkpoints (they have more points than regular ones), then do regular checkpoints. Practice working together and the maps will get easier and next FA, you'll have better shot at finishing stage 2.
Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful!

lambbb

Yeah, unfortunately, the game algo for FS suggestions is pretty awful and likes to lump all the new players together so this sort of silly situation occurs more frequent than not. :rolleyes: You know you want to do FA, but now also consider your playing style. [..] Alternatively, you can start your own thread in Elcy and tell people what you're looking for in a FS and have suitors come to you.
Great advice! I think this is the path forward for me, but I'll probably hang out a little while longer here, I'm about to unlock the Spire and I think there's more I'd like to get the hang of before I make commitments to a more active fellowship.
The Bragging Rights/Camaraderie is mostly what people that go hard in FA enjoy, and it's a feeling and nothing tangible so if you don't want to compete for this, don't worry about it either.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the events and stuff are not toggled down for newer players at all and I'm not competitive, so I'm not feeling like I missed out on too much by us not doing great this FA. I'll be a lot more prepared next time, thank you again!