• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to remove repeating items from the MA

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
Is there something I can do to not have to keep getting Traveling Merchants and Chess pieces in slot one of my MA?

defiantoneks

Is there something I can do to not have to keep getting Traveling Merchants and Chess pieces in slot one of my MA?
build the chess set. then they wont come up again. traveling merchants are one of the cockroaches of the MA. they never go away for good. you may go a spell (hah!) without one coming up, but sooner or later, they'll be back.

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
build the chess set. then they wont come up again. traveling merchants are one of the cockroaches of the MA. they never go away for good. you may go a spell (hah!) without one coming up, but sooner or later, they'll be back.
Thanks. I'll build the Chess pieces and stop putting TM's in my inventory. Maybe if I spray them with bug killer.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Thanks. I'll build the Chess pieces and stop putting TM's in my inventory. Maybe if I spray them with bug killer.
They will stay removed just by crafting them and leaving them in your inventory. So you don't have to build them unless you would like them built and in your city.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
There is another option for some of those pesky repeats. Instead of ignoring them, build them. Build as many as you currently use, then when the FA comes around you don't have to use up the teleports storing them...you can just delete them and replace them with the FA is over with the ones you crafted and had waiting in summoning.

Example: I have 12 Festival Merchants cranking out seeds. As the FA approaches I save up my seeds until I get to about 500K. Then, instead of storing my FM's I delete them, relying on my storage of seeds for the week. When the FA is over I take the 12 FM's I crafted out and get things back to normal.

Ditto for Sawmills, Vallorian Valor, Orc Nests, Grounds of the Orc Strategist, and so on. Anything you use in your city that keeps coming up. And you get the extra advantage of, most of the time, having it at the top level when you replace it...beats spending all those RR spells to upgrade things.

AJ

Dew Spinner

There is another option for some of those pesky repeats. Instead of ignoring them, build them. Build as many as you currently use, then when the FA comes around you don't have to use up the teleports storing them...you can just delete them and replace them with the FA is over with the ones you crafted and had waiting in summoning.

Example: I have 12 Festival Merchants cranking out seeds. As the FA approaches I save up my seeds until I get to about 500K. Then, instead of storing my FM's I delete them, relying on my storage of seeds for the week. When the FA is over I take the 12 FM's I crafted out and get things back to normal.

Ditto for Sawmills, Vallorian Valor, Orc Nests, Grounds of the Orc Strategist, and so on. Anything you use in your city that keeps coming up. And you get the extra advantage of, most of the time, having it at the top level when you replace it...beats spending all those RR spells to upgrade things.

AJ
The new Cauldron feature will put a stop to using Spell Fragments for this. IF a player is going to use the Cauldron feature they will need to horde their Spell Fragments.

Last edited:

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish

AJ
This, on the initial read, makes very good sense. Thanks.

Silver Lady

@ajqtrz
I would concur that one should never used RRs on Festival Merchants or any other non-evolving craftable building. Big waste of perfectly good RRs.