• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Huge Quality of Life Improvements

DeletedUser8382

If you respond, please specify which idea you're talking about. (First section is 1A, 2A... second is 1B, 2B... third is 1C)

1. Warning Icon: Full Broken Rune Shards. This appears when your Broken Rune Shards are full, so you don't "lose" any when doing tournaments.
  2. Notifications Icon does not disappear when visiting neighbors. This allows you to go from neighbor to neighbor that has recently helped you.
  3. Golden Handshake Icons above neighboring cities who have helped you in the past 23 hours on world map.
  4. Save last message you were typing. Ever type a long message, than accidentally click outside of the message window, losing the message? Yeah, it sucks, especially for Fellowship leaders who type a lot of long messages.
  5. Freeze KP regeneration timer instead of resetting it. Ever have 5 minutes left of the KP timer, but suddenly get a KP treasure resetting the timer... essentially losing you the KP treasure or regen? Totally sucks.
  6. Likewise, add together AFK KP regen and tournament/AW awards. Totally sucks when you leave for 8 hours, get a 10kp award, and your bar is at 10kp instead of 18kp
  7. No animations option for other cities, but animations for your own city. I get that Innogames probably wants us to look at each other's cities a lot, which is why the "a/p" button feature is removed from Elvenar, when it's in the predecessor game, FoE. But the load times are attrocious...
  8. "Store building" that works on event buildings as per FoE. For collectors, it really sucks to have to decide between getting rid of an old, sub-optimal event building, or keeping it for your collection. With Store Building (returning it to summons), you can add to your collection without having to play sub-optimally.
  9. Removed because already a feature: "Add player to message chain" option, as per FoE. When new players join the fellowship, you can just add them to ongoing discussions, instead of restarting the message chain.
  10. Even better, have FS leaders able to start permanent message chains that have privilages (certain ranks can post messages), that players cannot leave, and automatically add new players and remove old players. That way, there can be permanent messages (like information for the guild), or permanent chains (like Trade requests or FP swaps). Also, please do this for FoE!
  11. Every 5 levels of AW (after completing the rune wheel again and building), make the AW look a little cooler (doesn't have to be much, maybe just add a turret or flag or more floating parts, etc...). It's lame IMO that the standard building change EVERY level, but the AWs, which are the star of FoE & Elvenar, are static forever.
  12. Let players change a setting for their city. It turns the "neighborly help" into 3 levels according to their preference (Culture, Builder's Hall, Mainhall) The main icon would be easiest to see (glowing gold background that spreads far), the next would be silver/bluish that spreads less far, and the final would be bronzish/orangish that spreads the least far. This way, our city names can be good names instead of "Culture, Builder's, Mainhall" on every player...
  13. An option to autocast inspiring meditation. If you are about to lose KP or reset your KP regen, it instead autocasts inspiring meditation if you have one in your inventory. This is an option you'd turn on/off from your spells section.
  14. When collecting coins/supplies and other "capped" resources, either: A) allow that collection itself to go over the cap or B) have it only collect the amount that can fit, so you can collect the remainder or C) Give a warning message like collecting from a quest, and allow the player to choose "no" to leave the collection on the building.
  15. Make builder's hall aid work better, so less handshakes are wasted when building fast buildings, like adding a new workshop to the town. A) 1 Aid fills the builder's hall completely. This would make the premium upgrades more valuable B) Have an option that prevents aid being used on time spans of less than 1 hour (or X hours?) C) Always let players choose to accelerate or not D) Change the boost, to work kind of like a spell. Use a charge to reduce build time by 10%, and let it be used more than once? Also makes the premium builders hall upgrades more valuable.
There's certain other QoL improvements I'd love from FoE, but I imagine Inno decided not to put them in Elvenar because of balance reasons. But I will still request them here, because I love them, and it's still the reason that FoE is the better game IMO.

1. b. Let us trickle premium currency. In FoE, you can trickle about $1 a week worth of currency on 1 account. It's not much, but it means a lot to players who spend just a little on this game. (I know very well how the freemium model works, and I'm totally ok with it, but every freemium game I feel like I can recommend to friends and I still spend money on, lets you trickle premium currency. This helps me "sell" friends on freemium games, who may later spend money, but it eliminates their objections. Dungeons and Dragons Online, Forge of Empires, Shop Heroes, etc. are some games I've spent $100s of dollars on over the years I played them, and they all trickled currency, and I always had friends join me. None in Elvenar so far.).
  2. b. I'd love to get +1 up kits and reno kits. The events just aren't as special to me between the "no extra KP" nerf and the buildings quickly losing value. This last event, I accidentally picked up my building about 1 day worth of KP before aging up, and since it only gives supplies, per square, it gives me less supplies and culture than regular buildings after aging up :/
  3. b. Let us pick up & place over buildings, which picks up that building. It's annoying how many extra steps there are in moving your city around, comparatively.
  4. b. Rebalance AW rewards. Why not add broken shards fragments to some of the reward levels? Why is it so much better to contribute to low level AW and snag first place, than it is to contribute to higher level AWs?

And one extra premium purchase...

1. c. This costs a lot, more the later your age (about $20 for early ages, probably scaling up to $50 for later ages). This places every building (including your AWs, saving their progress and contributions) into your inventory. Roads are refunded. All expansions you have bought are added to your inventory and can be re-placed for free. Basically, the main point of this is to let people rearrange their expansions. I can see this being a popular purchase.
edit: removed 9, added 14. Also, note: multiple solutions may be presented for any issue because certain solutions may be easier or harder to program into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
8. Pretty much the only suggestion I have no need for. There's dozens of threads on storage already though so I won't clutter up yours.
11. Some wonders do change at level 5, not sure which ones other than BTG

All around great list.

DeletedUser7370

On the 'storage' issue (number eight in your list), it would be fine if AND ONLY IF the following restrictions are applied:
  1. Only event buildings may be stored.
  2. The stored buildings may never be rebuilt.
I think #9 is already done automatically for fellowship wide mails. When I recently joined a new fellowship I started to receive its AW swap messages the first time someone added something to that chain. I also checked through the recipient list on one chain when a person was removed from the FS and saw that their name was no longer present as a recipient.

Numbers five and six both get votes from me. I find nothing to be worse in this game than not generating KP.

The only thing I would like to see added to this list is on collecting things, be they coins, goods, supplies, or guest race goods. When making a collection that is above the max storage for that thing collect only the portion that fits in the storage and leave the rest to be collected later. Currently the entire thing is collected, what fits in the storage is kept and the rest is wasted. Once I collected a residence after a good night's sleep and when I looked up the amount added to my coins was 1, but the residence collection was over 10K; the residence was emptied and so much was wasted.

SoggyShorts

Once I collected a residence after a good night's sleep and when I looked up the amount added to my coins was 1, but the residence collection was over 10K; the residence was emptied and so much was wasted.
I've lost millions from my MH like this. 4 day camping trip, come home, cast some spells, do a big sweep, and... oops 7,000,000 coins wasted.:mad:

DeletedUser8382

8. Pretty much the only suggestion I have no need for. There's dozens of threads on storage already though so I won't clutter up yours.
11. Some wonders do change at level 5, not sure which ones other than BTG

All around great list.

8. I appreciate the consideration to not derail the thread. It's more for certain types of players than everyone (collectors).
11. Not many, I've looked at the wiki for all the wonders, and that part is mentioned. I think there's maybe 3 or 4 that change at level 5.

On the 'storage' issue (number eight in your list), it would be fine if AND ONLY IF the following restrictions are applied:
  1. Only event buildings may be stored.
  2. The stored buildings may never be rebuilt.
I think #9 is already done automatically for fellowship wide mails. When I recently joined a new fellowship I started to receive its AW swap messages the first time someone added something to that chain. I also checked through the recipient list on one chain when a person was removed from the FS and saw that their name was no longer present as a recipient.

Numbers five and six both get votes from me. I find nothing to be worse in this game than not generating KP.

The only thing I would like to see added to this list is on collecting things, be they coins, goods, supplies, or guest race goods.

8. I did actually mean specifically event buildings. I could actually see allowing premium buildings to be stored, as well, since, well those players did pay for them... I don't really see the necessity of your second point, though, unless they eventually add +1 kits and reno kits, because otherwise an outdated building is always an outdated building....

9. Actually, I think you're right. My fellowship doesn't have threads like these (yet), but I think I've noticed that once or twice. I removed it from my list.

Adding #14 The only thing I would like to see added to this list is on collecting things, be they coins, goods, supplies, or guest race goods....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7370

Another one to add. Control of when builders boosts are used. I am popping up a few small factories for the event and the build times on them are enough to trigger using the boosts, but I really want to use the boosts for my current housing upgrade project. Since my builders are limited and the event time is limited I have to sort the building actions in favor of the event instead of running all the boosts out with the housing upgrades that I would want to use them on.

DeletedUser8382

Another one to add. Control of when builders boosts are used. I am popping up a few small factories for the event and the build times on them are enough to trigger using the boosts, but I really want to use the boosts for my current housing upgrade project. Since my builders are limited and the event time is limited I have to sort the building actions in favor of the event instead of running all the boosts out with the housing upgrades that I would want to use them on.

I like it, but I don't see Inno adding it without a redesign of some sort. Maybe you can set an option to prevent them being used for build times of less than an hour? But I'm sure Inno doesn't want complete control of that, because 1 aid isn't supposed to be that valuable, and also since the builder's hut is a premium upgrade, I can see them wanting to keep us struggling... But this problem effects people with 5 builders even MORE, since they'll waste 5 aids on building a bunch of small buildings. So, complete control? Probably not going to happen.

DeletedUser10990

Excellent list, I particularly like the FoE adds.

One thing I haven't seen yet that I cannot believe is not in the game:
-When we go to Aid our Guild and Neighbors, tell us the affect our Aid will give when we mouse over a building. Few people have all the Culture, for instance, memorized to know which building is going to provide the most help.

SoggyShorts

So, complete control? Probably not going to happen.
Actually, I think it would be fairly easy to do, and there's an elegant solution.
Instead of using builder buffs when starting an upgrade, move them to your instants tab.
This way you start a building like normal, with no time reduction, then click the timer, and your choices are like this:
builder control.png

@TedGrau

DeletedUser7370

Actually, I think it would be fairly easy to do, and there's an elegant solution.
Instead of using builder buffs when starting an upgrade, move them to your instants tab.
While that solution is elegant, I think it would result in people constantly asking how do they use their builder boosts and I also think it would involve a lot more coding for Inno to make. I think a simpler solution is to display a dialog that says, "Use a builder boost to accelerate this build?" The dialog would have yes and no buttons, and would just be a simple text change from the cycle quest confirmation. When the player clicks yes then the build instruction sent to the server includes and indicator of using a boost; when they click no the build order is sent without the boost instruction; and when they click outside the box it closes the dialog and cancels the build activity on the client side. There are only a couple lines of code to add to the server to handle the option; and most of the code on the client side is reusing existing things with simple text changes.

DeletedUser188

90 % of these suggestions have already been suggested in other threads on this forum and the beta forum
@Blockus You should try posting this thread on the beta forum the devs only consider ideas from beta forum
All the good discussions and great ideas on this forum will be only seen by us players
Unfortunately the idea threads on the US forum are ignored by the mods and the devs wont see them

DeletedUser8382

90 % of these suggestions have already been suggested in other threads on this forum and the beta forum
@Blockus You should try posting this thread on the beta forum the devs only consider ideas from beta forum
All the good discussions and great ideas on this forum will be only seen by us players
Unfortunately the idea threads on the US forum are ignored by the mods and the devs wont see them

Dang... I'll do that sometime this week. Most game Devs seem to rely off some volunteer moderator with no game design experience to "vet" ideas. Of course, this means a lot of great ideas are killed, and some terrible ideas are moved forward.

SoggyShorts

Dang... I'll do that sometime this week. Most game Devs seem to rely off some volunteer moderator with no game design experience to "vet" ideas. Of course, this means a lot of great ideas are killed, and some terrible ideas are moved forward.
The Beat system is a little different.
Once we have talked about an idea there for about a month, then a mod will add a poll to it, and if that poll gets at least 20 votes with 80% "yes" votes, then the idea is "forwarded to the devs" If you look a the beta forums section "approved ideas", you will see dozens that were forwarded long ago without any movement though.
That said, there are a few that seem to have been implemented.

DeletedUser8382

If you look a the beta forums section "approved ideas", you will see dozens that were forwarded long ago without any movement though.
That said, there are a few that seem to have been implemented.

Can you tell me, do I need to register again for the Beta Forum?

DeletedUser8382

You need to actually have a Beta game account before you can register for the Forum.

OHHH, it's almost like it's a completely different game. I got locked out trying to reset my password/make a new forum account/etc.

DeletedUser8946

@Blockus Not so much like a completely different game, more like jumping 6 months into the future and making a new account.

SoggyShorts

@Blockus Not so much like a completely different game, more like jumping 6 months into the future and making a new account.
1 week, not 6 months. Beta is only 7 days ahead for the vast majority of updates, that is why almost none of the changes requested there are implemented before a feature goes live.
Fellowship Adventures were rushed out and we did a double run of them (skipping the masq PT2 event), and yet still they didn't have time(or the will) to change the quest cycling.