• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I hate fighting

• Thread starter DeletedUser3312
  • Start date

DeletedUser3312

I do. it is boring, it takes so long, it is a waste of time, it is a matter of being creamed by the opponent. example I am just going into chapter 6 dwarves. I have swords, archers, axes, paladins, and priests. they are from 43 to 59. Today I got 4 swords at 173 each. duh. guess what happened. yep... got creamed. as I do all the dang time. no matter how much I research and grow my troops, my opponents are at least 3 times as strong. I strike.. I'm done. dead... wiped out... creamed... sigh. I hate fighting. I do... I hate it I hate it I hate it. I know there are some that enjoy it. maybe they get the troops they can possibly beat and I get the others. who knows. all I can say.. I hate fighting..

DeletedUser3468

When I first started playing, in my first two worlds (elf) I would occasionally fight... using the auto fight. Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, often I got frustrated wondering why the auto play chose that particular action which got my fighters wiped out! :rolleyes:
Later I took over the action myself but only fought if I had good odds. Soon the odds got worse and worse so I stopped fighting.
Third Elf world I didn't bother with fighting, trying a different approach. Less space wasted on the barracks which I did build and only 2 low level armories, but at least I have them if I need them. I can upgrade if it becomes necessary.
Then I started my fourth world... as a human. Started fighting from the moment I had my barracks built. Fought and won... always! (ok, almost always) and saved a lot of goods produced by not having to negotiate. That let me get away with fewer factories. Then, like with the two Elf worlds I was playing, I noticed that the odds were getting worse and worse. Troops of 214 archers against my 40 something... dead in the first 5 moves. Found out that I was a victim of my own success. I was only halfway through the second (?) chapter and already had conquered 7 more provinces than I needed for the entire chapter. I don't fight anymore. I'm also slowing down on rushing through the provinces and letting my tech catch up. I enjoy the fighting if the odds are fairly even but when I'm outnumbered 4 to 1, it just isn't worth the wasted supplies to keep training the troops.

ETA: Oops... I was wrong about how many provinces... In my human town I was only 4 ahead of what I needed for the whole chapter. I think one of my elven towns was 7 though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

You are very smart. Smiles. .?.. a good thing. I cannot remember the last time I fought and wpn...
My current preference is catering.

dikke ikke

if your opponent have bigger squads then you do even when he has 8 squads and you only have 5 then check the tech three for the nearest squad upgrade. Until you have blessed paladins I should cater at least 50% of the tournaments, once you have them, you can drop catering to 10%. This is as long as the old fighting system remains. That is how I fight until now, make sure you have enough troops, except archers, I hardly use them, before the tournament start and make sure you have enough goods for the catering. Preparing the next tournament starts the moment the previous one is finished.

DeletedUser594

3x squad size is a lot to bite off.
Did I give you this chart jewess? Who beats who for elves vs province troops (according to me)
@dikke ikke - I think there is a bug affecting Bp's right now. I was using one in a province and after exchanging blows for several rounds it took a hit from a treant and then fell to the ground and did not return to the fighting. It was very strange as I had never seen one not finish a fight or not kill an enemy
26213ep.jpg

DeletedUser3468

Thanks everyone! I do cater most of the tournament rounds though I've fought a few... mostly lost them but think I won one or two. ;)

MadamVenus

You are very smart. Smiles. .?.. a good thing. I cannot remember the last time I fought and wpn...
My current preference is catering.[/QUOTE

I hate fighting now especially since they announced troop changes... and dwindle down the troops. I am trying to retrain troops, because they have not issued the change yet. So... can't fight, and I need my supplies to research and build. Stuck between a rock and hard place here.

Does anyone know when the troop upgrades will come through?

DeletedUser3610

Ælfwine answered this question in another thread:
The new battle system is being tested on our Beta server. As of yet, we do not have a date when it will be coming to the live servers as it is not just an adjustment but an entirely new system for fighting.

As soon as we know when it may be arriving, we will certainly let everyone know.

DeletedUser43

Does anyone know when the troop upgrades will come through?

It isn't a troop "upgrade" that is coming. It is a whole new fighting system. Actually, in testing on beta so far, all our troops got less powerful and the enemies got bigger and more powerful. The great news is that they are asking for feedback about why the new fighting system is so hard, so maybe, just maybe, they have realized there is a huge problem! (crossing fingers!)

As an example, I faced 938 crazy cannoneer, 1407 rigid steinling, 1407 rigid steinling, 1407 rigid steinling, 1407 brave knight, 1407 brave knight. These are new enemies.

I have a squad size of 246 sorceress IIIs. On the first round I hit two steinlings, the cannoneer and one night. I killed 58 out of 1407. I killed 58 out of 1407!! I killed a measly 58 out of 1407!! On the enemy's first turn, I lost 3 entire squads. lol. I then surrendered.

I am in the orc chapter and there are 15 expansions that I still don't have for this chapter. It takes 9 provinces to get one expansion. So, I am about 135 provinces behind what it takes to get all the space possible for this chapter.

DeletedUser43

It may not be coming here! Those are insane stats and no matter what level you are on, people are facing similar silly situations. They can't bring it here as it is now. Fights are simply not winnable. Even the guy who has a god account who works for Inno, and has unlimited troops couldn't win a fight. However, I do worry that they somehow think things are "too easy" on us, so no matter what they intend to make it more difficult! :eek::eek: I sure hope not, because I already think things are way too hard.

DeletedUser3468

Wow and I though the 3 to 1 odds against much more powerful enemies I was encountering was bad! That's insane! I won't be doing much fighting if they keep it like that. I may have to turn all my cities into pacifist cities like Willow Wood in Winyandor is.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I am in the orc chapter and there are 15 expansions that I still don't have for this chapter. It takes 9 provinces to get one expansion. So, I am about 135 provinces behind what it takes to get all the space possible for this chapter.

I am glad they are taking a better look at this, as it will change the whole game and needs to be fair, challenging, but beatable at the levels equal to where we are in the research tree compared where we are in the provinces. Im not sure how you think that there are suppose to be 15 expansions for the level your at Bobby Kitty. I think that many expansions is suppose to be for expanding more than one chapter, not just one, but more like 3? Im not saying there not but it seems like a lot of space for one chapter to me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser43

That's because I have fallen very far behind. Each race has a certain amount of space.

I didn't get all the expansions there were released during the dwarf expansions. I was still trying to scout and catch up and then the fairy chapter hit and 10 more expansions were released for that chapter. I scouted as fast as I could, but the scouting times kept building. So, I didn't get all those expansions. Then they released 10 more expansions for the orc chapter, but I am still trying to get all the expansions that were released during the fairies. I am currently 5 expansions behind for the fairy chapter, even though I am through the orcs. I won't have any of the orc expansions for more than a year, or maybe two!

A new chapter will be coming soon and then they will release 10 more expansions on top of what they have now! At the rate it takes scouts as you advance, I won't see those expansions until 2018!

You need all the expansions available for each race because the buildings get bigger and bigger and new wonders get released that you need just to exist. (A lot of the new wonders have to do with fighting and you won't be able to beat the bigger enemies you face as you progress without those wonders).

I won't have anywhere near all that space that I need for the new chapter, let alone what I need for the orcs. In the orcs you need to upgrade your armories in order to make orcs, and it takes a LOT of population and culture to do that, but you need space for more houses and more culture, and it takes a lot of population and culture to upgrade your main hall and to upgrade your factories. It takes a lot of room to do all that.

DeletedUser594

By expansions you mean tree and map/territory expansions combined?

maybe you can answer my question I just posted in the help thread. we know the devs think ppl are out too far so they limited expansion through negotiation- do you know what the target range is- put another way- if i expanded on the map exactly at the pace Timon asked of me,
How big would my city be in each age?. I'll be moving this question over to my posting in help

DeletedUser43

Sure. You can say that. I mean any place on your home city grid that you can place an expansion.

DeletedUser3696

I do. it is boring, it takes so long, it is a waste of time, it is a matter of being creamed by the opponent. example I am just going into chapter 6 dwarves. I have swords, archers, axes, paladins, and priests. they are from 43 to 59. Today I got 4 swords at 173 each. duh. guess what happened. yep... got creamed. as I do all the dang time. no matter how much I research and grow my troops, my opponents are at least 3 times as strong. I strike.. I'm done. dead... wiped out... creamed... sigh. I hate fighting. I do... I hate it I hate it I hate it. I know there are some that enjoy it. maybe they get the troops they can possibly beat and I get the others. who knows. all I can say.. I hate fighting..
43 to 59 of what? You can't possibly have that low a number of swords or archers.
Plus if you are human, you have dogs.
What are you troop sizes and what are you going up against?
I am on ring 12 and just finished a crystal province with either all paladins or paladin/priest combo and I think I lost a grand total of maybe 60 paladins for the 8 fights and toss in 17 dead priests.

If only their was a way for me to fight while you watched with your specific fights - well actually there is, but it requires sharing accounts and then logging off just near the end of battle ;)

It isn't a troop "upgrade" that is coming. It is a whole new fighting system. Actually, in testing on beta so far, all our troops got less powerful and the enemies got bigger and more powerful. The great news is that they are asking for feedback about why the new fighting system is so hard, so maybe, just maybe, they have realized there is a huge problem! (crossing fingers!)

As an example, I faced 938 crazy cannoneer, 1407 rigid steinling, 1407 rigid steinling, 1407 rigid steinling, 1407 brave knight, 1407 brave knight. These are new enemies.

I have a squad size of 246 sorceress IIIs. On the first round I hit two steinlings, the cannoneer and one night. I killed 58 out of 1407. I killed 58 out of 1407!! I killed a measly 58 out of 1407!! On the enemy's first turn, I lost 3 entire squads. lol. I then surrendered.

I dare say you are not behind in province expansion since to have all the land available you would need to spend diamonds. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think they intended players to have all the expansions thru only provinces and tech tree.

Or are you unable to purchase anymore diamond expansions?

DeletedUser43

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think they intended players to have all the expansions thru only provinces and tech tree.

That does seem to be the new direction they are going. But being a year or two behind isn't anywhere close to letting someone have "all the expansions". There is now a very big gap between the expansions you can get from the game and forcing people to buy them. For the first year, before the dwarf era, we all DID have the same amount of expansions....only the paying customers got them a lot earlier. They didn't have to wait. The non payers could get the same amount of expansions but they had to play continuously, send their scouts out every second, and be on all the time...and still....it took months before you could catch up.

That seemed to be a pretty fair balance. It kept non payers here, kept them interested and kept fellowships going. Now they have changed it. So only the diamond buyers will be able to have advanced cities. That changes the structure of the game and in my opinion, hurts it overall. I think that active thriving games make the most money. I think that even if a person doesn't buy a diamond ever, the traffic is good financially for the company. I think it makes for a more full game if your non payers think they have a chance and I think that gains you more diamond buyers as the non payers tell their friends about the game and the game is better and more active.

But, if only people who spend money can have a big city, that discourages the non payers and they just walk away forever. You lose that traffic. You lose those people on the forums. You lose their friends. The game gets slower and chat is less active. Then the payers aren't as excited about the game either. I mean, if a non payer works hard and advances that spurs the spenders on and they compete and spend more money. Therefore, doing anything that gets rid of the non payers hurts the company financially even though that seems counter intuitive.

DeletedUser3468

But, if only people who spend money can have a big city, that discourages the non payers and they just walk away forever. You lose that traffic. You lose those people on the forums. You lose their friends. The game gets slower and chat is less active. Then the payers aren't as excited about the game either. I mean, if a non payer works hard and advances that spurs the spenders on and they compete and spend more money. Therefore, doing anything that gets rid of the non payers hurts the company financially even though that seems counter intuitive.

I just quoted the last paragraph since that sums it up so well though your whole post is worth quoting. Yes, though it is counter intuitive, driving the non paying players away does end up hurting these "free" game companies in the long run. I've seen it happen before with other "free" games. When the people who don't have the money for pay to play leave, their friends, who often DO have the money to spend leave too, partly because their friends are no longer playing and partly because the paying players sense of fair play says "It's wrong to make things so difficult for those who financially can't afford to pay for a game promoted as being free." (Yes, I've seen this happen also... often.)