• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I just crossed into Woodelves DURING the Masquerade Event...

cdrfarms

Does anyone know if, or think there's any chance I can have my Event Reward upgraded? I purposely didn't collect the last reward to see if it would upgrade to a mana producing building when I crossed into Woodelves, but when I look at the reward listed as the grand prize for part 1, it still just says the building produces 690 culture/ 3200 supplies. I tried logging out and back in, no luck.

Anything else I could try before I just go ahead and collect?

Thanks in advance for any input!

DeletedUser3977

Just curious if you've finished the Advanced Scouts in the Woodelves chapter? That's when you ACTUALLY enter the chapter, even though it looks different by the trait tree.

DeletedUser3602

Oh, no I have not. I didn't realize that's the actual entry. Thanks for the tip. I'll work on that to see if it makes a difference...

It will make the difference! You have to finish Advanced Scouts for the building to be upgraded to the next Chapter.

cdrfarms

It will make the difference! You have to finish Advanced Scouts for the building to be upgraded to the next Chapter.
Ok. Good to know!

So just to clarify: does that mean that if I complete Adv Scouts before I receive the next grand prize (for Masquerade part 2) that it will upgrade itself as soon as I successfully enter Woodelves? Like if Masq 2 starts while I'm still in Orcs, and I get into Woodelves while it's going on, will my grand prize change attributes so that I get a building that produces mana? Sorry to be so dense... it's just that the rewards are hardly worth anything if you're not in Woodelves or above...

DeletedUser9601

...or do I need to already be in the Woodelves chapter BEFORE the event begins?
The attributes of a reward building are determined by which chapter you are in when you win the reward. So the moment you completed the 13th quest in Part I, the game checks which chapter you are in, and locks in the attributes.
Your Part I reward will never change attributes, and will never give mana. Event rewards don't improve as you advance chapters.
So if you are now in Woodelves, your Part II reward will give mana.

cdrfarms

The attributes of a reward building are determined by which chapter you are in when you win the reward. So the moment you completed the 13th quest in Part I, the game checks which chapter you are in, and locks in the attributes.
Your Part I reward will never change attributes, and will never give mana. Event rewards don't improve as you advance chapters.
So if you are now in Woodelves, your Part II reward will give mana.

Ok, excellent - thank you for the explanation/verification, Tedious!

So I'm not yet past the Adv Scouts (first tech) for Woodelves, so hopefully I can get that done and get into the chapter before I receive the grand prize for Masq. part 2.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
One thing to remember for other events

In the big ones, where you collect snowflakes or whatever, to get the three grand prizes
IF you are close to hitting the next research tier, you can delay accepting the prize and it will increase in value
But otherwise
For buildings that are awarded automatically once you finish the required task, it will be locked at the value when awarded even if you wait to place it.
Now the work around for that
If there is time left in the event for you to progress in research
You can delay finishing the final task

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Another reason why communication will be important with the upcoming Fellowship Adventures. You'll want to know if anyone in the FS is close to finishing an advanced scouts tech before claiming the final prize for everyone.

cdrfarms

One thing to remember for other events

In the big ones, where you collect snowflakes or whatever, to get the three grand prizes
IF you are close to hitting the next research tier, you can delay accepting the prize and it will increase in value
But otherwise
For buildings that are awarded automatically once you finish the required task, it will be locked at the value when awarded even if you wait to place it.

awesome explanation! thank you mucksterme!
and thanks everyone for helping me understand this!

DeletedUser2165

The game finished the quest for me <LOL> I purposely waited to gain the last 4 relics for the quest so I could be out of Orcs and into Wood Elves when I finished the last quest. Logged out of the game, went to sleep. Woke up the next morning, the relics had been collected <from where I still haven't figured out> and the building I had "won" was in my inventory. I still had 2 days left of the time limit to be able to actually finish it the way I wanted. I guess the powers above my pay grade, felt I didn't need the extra boost of making manna which would have possibly made my game a little easier. But, it is what it is. Not happy about it, but I will do what I gotta do.