• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello I just wanted to say hi

DeletedUser2227

This is my 4th day here, and I keep running into situations where I'm not finding the answer. :( The latest, I have the coins, but am unable to build residences from 3 to 4 like I can with production facilities.

Help! :)

Regards

DeletedUser115

Welcome to Elvenar! :)

There could be several reasons, do you have the research to upgrade to level 4 completed? What about supplies?

Keep in mind that residences and workshops have different levels in which they become "better" and require technologies to unlock.

DeletedUser2227

Hi Aider! Tell your Supervisor's I've given you a Gold Star for your help. :)

Supplies are there. I guess it's the Research that is holding me back. It would be nice if when you see Research is needed, you go directly to which one is necessary. :) Maybe I need to get to Advanced Buildings first.

DeletedUser2191

Factors to consider ...

1) Coins required for Residence Upgrade
2) Supplies required for upgrade
3) Culture required for upgrade
4) Are there Builders not busy to perform upgrade

As for Research, level 1 - 4 can be reached without researching Advance Residences which you can find in Chapter 2.

DeletedUser2227

Ludwig, yes to all 4. I always keep Culture above !00%. Chapter 2??

DeletedUser2191

Ludwig, yes to all 4. I always keep Culture above !00%. Chapter 2??

True you can have culture above 100%, that percentage represents the bonus growth of supplies and coins which is also dependant on the level of your residences and workshops. Now the actual available culture points you have could be less than what an upgrade requires. (ie/ numbers not exact, upgrade residence from level 3 to 4 requires 10 culture, your actual culture is 8 points, therefore you cannot upgrade until you get another 2 culture points) You can see how much culture you have available by hovering your mouse over the culture icon at the top of your screen.

Re: Chapter 2 - if you click the research button when at your city, scroll full to the left, in the upper left corner you will see a banner. It says " I The Arrival" Now scroll to the right until you see the next banner, it says " II Evolving". The block of tech researching in between these banners has been referred to as a chapter. Currently we have 7 chapters, the 7th being released just this week introducing Fairies and the technology they have to offer.

DeletedUser2227

Thank you! I'm saving this bit of advice. I need to finish Chap. 1 before 2, so I can build residences.

Thank you!

DeletedUser

Click on your profile and hit the pic (?) which is currently there. It will instruct you from there. :)