• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

If you could go anywhere, where would it be?

DeletedUser20396

That's right folks, the question on the table is, "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Expenses all paid, meals, plane ticket, hotel or lodge. Where would you go? And why do you want to go there?

Me personally, after watching the Hobbit, and watching the how-its-made, I want to go to New Zealand to see the Hobbit holes that are still there. They let people come view them like a museum. And I've heard that the ocean water is so clear, that you can see thirty feet down and fish, rocks, and sharks. :)

Venice, Italy. They have boats gliding around the city, through it, and basically it's a lake town. :) And I love the language, although I don't speak it. :)

Look forward to hearing what places ya'll want to go to. :)

DeletedUser2768

Ireland and Scotland. Way back in my family tree I have a TON of Scottish, Welsh, and Irish royalty. Besides that, the brogue is amazing.

DeletedUser20396

Being Irish and Scottish is why I joined the FS I did. It had Irish in the title. The Irish City. That's cool though. :)

@Vergazi where on earth, pardon the pun, is Blizzcon?

Vergazi

Being Irish and Scottish is why I joined the FS I did. It had Irish in the title. The Irish City. That's cool though. :)

@Vergazi where on earth, pardon the pun, is Blizzcon?

Where is Blizzcon you say?! Wherever it's held that year of course!

Blizzcon = Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft ( and other stuff ) convention held yearly. :D

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Korea. Jeju Island. I've watched just about every Korean soap-opera/romcom/drama on Netflix and the place just looks so beautiful. After that, though, I think I wouldn't want to visit, but live on the southern Oregon coast. Everything there moves slower and is just more wild.

AJ

DeletedUser

Blijham, Slochteren, Siddeburen, and Veendam, all in Groningen, the Netherlands. Nearly all of my father's father's family came from those villages. There are other places, of course, but those would be the first stops.

DeletedUser20396

Sounds great. A movie that is really good, is Around the World in 80 days. Jackie Chan, Steve Coogan, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

DeletedUser20396

hmm, I've never see it before. hmm. I'll have to look it up. Thanks. :)

shimmerfly

Africa, New Guinea, and India to name a few. I would like to see some of the wildlife in Africa while there is still some left in the wild. New Guinea because of it's diverse ecosystems.
My father spent the first 5 years of his life in India and my paternal Grandmother is buried in Napal so that's on my list as well.

DeletedUser20396

Wow. Have you seen Hatari? It's a John Wayne Movie.

DeletedUser20396

But all of these sound great. Thank you all for posting here. I thought I'd say that while ya'll are still here. :)

This thread puts me in mind of Dr. Seuss

OH!
THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!

You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers
who soar to high heights.

We are working our way through visiting the US national parks. I think we will be working on this for quite some time.

DeletedUser20396

A friend of mine has been to 49 of the 50 states. He is only missing Alaska. His wife is only missing 15 states. :) I love Dr. Seuss. I am yurtal the turtle, oh marvelous me!, I am king of all that I see.