• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

If you were a font

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Wow! What a set of revelations. I've only been programming since 1969 and never knew any of that. Oh wait, yes I did. But gee, thanks for inventing questions from me. I used EBCDIC before ASCII. (I'll let you look up what that means and how it's pronounced.) BTW, there are code sets more than 16-bit, such as UFT-32. I bet you know that, but you were just dumbing it all down for me so it wouldn't hurt my pretty little brain, because I'm certainly not as smart as your big brain. I was just posting a silly font, not teaching a class. Please, don't be so condescending.

Sorry if, in a public forum, I assumed there were more than one person (who knew all about it) reading my post. Sometimes I forget. In any case, I knew about EBCDIC but never used it so couldn't remember what it was called. It was, I believe, more of a terminal focused thing rather than PC. But so what? The point is, graphics take a lot more work and in the early days of computing we didn't have enough processing power or random access memory (RAM, for those other than those with Yogi Dave'
s background) to do graphics. So various systems of pre-built symbols were adopted. Without them, it's my belief, the PC revolution wouldn't have happened.

AJ