• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Improvement to the Coin and Supply Storage Popups

Yogi Dave

Since starting this game, I've been frustrated by the way the information about the coin and supply amounts are shown in the popup. Showing the current amounts in the bar with the background shading showing its fullness is great. But the popup showing "Total: Current/Maximum" doesn't allow the numbers to be easily compared. I found myself counting the number of zeros while squinting. Then I'd try and estimate how much I could actually put in. Yuck. Not much fun. So, I mulled the idea over and over until finally, as Gru would say in "Despicable Me", light bulb. The answer was to the left of the city name on the screen. Look at the population and culture popups. There is was, already coded. It just needs to be used for the two storage containers. How much more useful would this be?

Coin Storage
Maximum: 10400000
Current: 6122419
Available: 4277581

Supplies Storage
Maximum: 1040000
Current: 384847
Available: 655153

All three pieces of information is now there and much easier to compare.
Since the code for this already exists just needs to be reused for these two sets of values, it seems like this would be very easy to implement.

MirandaZink

Indeed, and some formatting would be nice as well. I don't care if it's NA or EU format
10000000 <---- worst option (current display)
10,000,000 <---- better, but different from EU system
10.000.000 <--- better, but different from NA system
10 000 000 <---- I think everyone can handle this.
The spaces help a lot - and I like this idea a lot and it would be fairly simple to code. Seems like a no brainer.

Yogi Dave

Sorry about the look of my initial post. I chose a fixed width font so the text would be left aligned and the numbers right. Makes it look crappy without that. I pretty ignorant about using this interface, but will get better.

Indeed, and some formatting would be nice as well. I don't care if it's NA or EU format
10000000 <---- worst option (current display)
10,000,000 <---- better, but different from EU system
10.000.000 <--- better, but different from NA system
10 000 000 <---- I think everyone can handle this.

I very much agree digit grouping would be great and that is actually what I was thinking when I first saw the storage popups. However, as a programmer, I understand how pervasive dealing with that might be, So I settled, at the moment, for something that seems like it'd be very easy to implement given that the concept has already been implemented in the exact same way I'm proposing. Seems like there should be a thread discussing that concept.

Yogi Dave

I agree.
I'm good in math, that part doesn't bother me.
But my eyes!!!! All those #'s stuck together, unhealthy to view for some people :eek:

I'm good at math too, but it is very easy to add that info and when it's late, I'd be glad to not have to do it. Also, I know other people may not be able to do the subraction quickly.

The popup would come in handy before I start a scout since I have the Tome of Secrets. I've lost supplies due to not looking correctly at all those stuck together numbers and I certainly don't want to go to the trader unless I really have to.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The popup would come in handy before I start a scout since I have the Tome of Secrets. I've lost supplies due to not looking correctly at all those stuck together numbers and I certainly don't want to go to the trader unless I really have to.

This is an important point, I have lost tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of supplies because of this. Easy to read available numbers would be very useful and formatting if they can do that too.

ptparks

I like the idea but would like to go one step further. I would propose that you get a popup like we do when we open a quest reward and it states our main hall is full and we will only gain part of the prize if we collect. This would allow us to at least go to that greedy trader and buy some goods before we collect the rest of our coins/supplies.