• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive cities

Lyinaral

It would be nice if INNO would go into the worlds, & take out the cities that have been inactive for 2 yrs or more. I was looking for active players for our FS. Some have been inactive since 2017, even found a whole FS that all the members in it were inactive & had been for 2 yrs or more. It makes it very difficult when trying to find new members for a FS. Also makes it real hard when you are surrounded by inactive cities for anyone to trade or to get visitors to their city. That has happened to one of our members. It is so bad that I have elvenar stats up & run their name thru there to see if they are inactive, Some of them won't even show up in stats, but their cities are still on the map. I am sure it is the same way on other worlds.

Lyinaral / Arch Mage / Natures Mtn

Iyapo1

Rather than “take out” it would be better to move them all to a far corner of the map. Say if the last login was 1 year past they get moved. That would free up space to move active cities closer together.
Ed
I love this idea! No login for a year gets an auto move to the farthest available spot and a lock on future movement that will release as soon as there is a log in.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would have to go dig up the official info that was posted about this, but maybe a couple of years ago Inno started a system that removed and archived cities that did not meet the requirements for auto-deletion. This was working for maybe a month before it became glitched or something and they had to stop. They have tried running it again since then, but had to stop again. So until they fix whatever is wrong, we are stuck with all the dead larger cities and all the small cities where real money was spent before the player quit.

@CrazyWizard do you remember more details on this?

@helya can you provide any new info on this?

Deleted User - 1178646

I would have to go dig up the official info that was posted about this, but maybe a couple of years ago Inno started a system that removed and archived cities that did not meet the requirements for auto-deletion. This was working for maybe a month before it became glitched or something and they had to stop. They have tried running it again since then, but had to stop again. So until they fix whatever is wrong, we are stuck with all the dead larger cities and all the small cities where real money was spent before the player quit.

@CrazyWizard do you remember more details on this?

@helya can you provide any new info on this?

I think it's working again, but I think not on a weekly basis atm, but I could be wrong.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
This has been running every Monday for a while now. It only does a certain section of the World map at a time, and only moves cities if there's a spot with identical boosts.

Any time you see a player here complaining about being moved it's because inactive cities were moved out to the edges, and they were moved in towards the center.

Gladiola

One thing I think would be helpful sooner would be for people who start construction on the main hall and never returned if that main hall would complete in a certain amount of time (like two weeks). I have a number of neighbors of various sizes who started a main hall upgrade and it's still in progress, which means I can't give neighborly help. This is particularly problematic for small cities that don't have culture buildings as an alternative. I believe the main halls can still be helped from mobile, but it's not possible from the browser.

Alternatively, just make it possible to help from the browser while MH is under construction.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One thing I think would be helpful sooner would be for people who start construction on the main hall and never returned if that main hall would complete in a certain amount of time (like two weeks).

I had a player with his/her main hall under construction over 2 years! He/she was finally removed a year or so ago.
One of the problems I'm sure Inno has is that there is a "don't move me" scaffolding in each world. A lot of players don't want to be moved (I'm one) so removing a bunch of players from that person's area and then replacing them must be a bit of a trial since you can only move to the empty space a city with the same boosts that is willing to be moved. I do wonder what percentage of players don't want to be moved versus those who are willing to be moved.

Finally, about a year ago Inno came through my area and removed about 30 cities and replaced them. Now my visits are way up as a percentage of my neighbors and everything is much more active. So I guess it works.

AJ

Policy is to keep inactives on the map forever if they have even 1 diamond in their account. They EVENTUALLY get moved, but 'eventually' is similar to the 10th of never. It happens to me maybe once a year, maybe less.

OIM20

I have a number of neighbors of various sizes who started a main hall upgrade and it's still in progress, which means I can't give neighborly help.
If you use the app, you can give help in those cities. I don't know why the app allows help given to main halls under construction when the browser doesn't, but it does. I get help while mine is under construction as well.

I do not use a mobile device to access the app. I use mobile emulator software, specifically Bluestacks 5. There are other programs available that will allow you to take advantage of the benefits the app offers while also allowing you to play your main game on your browser.

I have not attempted to run the programs simultaneously. I'm fairly certain that would cause an error and I don't want to test it. So I will open Bluestacks, log in to the Elvenar app, complete my neighborly visits and claim my daily prize, then log out and close Bluestacks before moving back to the browser to resume regular play.
___________________________​
@helya - I am very glad to hear this (your post from Wednesday). I have several cities near me on Elcysandir that are inactive and have been for months. Your explanation from Monday does shed light on why a completely inactive city was moved in to my neighborhood a couple months back, as I had wondered about that. But if they were closer to the center, it makes sense that the active city they replaced essentially switched locations with them. I had been curious as to why an inactive city was moved into what I had been told when I was moved into it was an active neighborhood.

For those who might be wondering, the name of the city was changed to "CLOSED" at some point - all caps like that - and they only have five buildings remaining. (The ones you can't sell once you place them.) So it isn't just a matter of us being online or playing at different times and them not returning NH.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Your explanation from Monday does shed light on why a completely inactive city was moved in to my neighborhood a couple months back, as I had wondered about that. But if they were closer to the center, it makes sense that the active city they replaced essentially switched locations with them.
Sometimes I do wonder if the movement tool has been off on a bit of a drinking spree, but it's more likely that you would benefit from a move closer to the middle.

This is one minus of recommending players turn off city movement. If their area gets caught up in moving active cities closer to the center and they have the option turned off, they can suddenly be left in a sea of Gold Mines, to be replaced shortly with inactive cities that are ineligible for removal but are not being used.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Policy is to keep inactives on the map forever if they have even 1 diamond in their account. They EVENTUALLY get moved, but 'eventually' is similar to the 10th of never. It happens to me maybe once a year, maybe less.
This is inaccurate. Players that have purchased Diamonds will not be deleted for a while, but because of data laws, they will still be deleted because we can only legally store data for a certain length of time. Players that did not purchase Diamonds are eligible for deletion as early as 30 days of inactivity, even if they have Diamonds left in their account.

BrinDarby

@helya , I thought it was CH4+ and u wouldn't be deleted ...
sometimes RL happens for a few months, what protections are
there for players playing say, more than a year, so that if RL
happens for a couple months, all thier hard work isnt lost ???

my main world is CH4, but my other two are CH3 should I worry ?

DeletedUser22644

@helya , I thought it was CH4+ and u wouldn't be deleted ...
sometimes RL happens for a few months, what protections are
there for players playing say, more than a year, so that if RL
happens for a couple months, all thier hard work isnt lost ???

my main world is CH4, but my other two are CH3 should I worry ?
Are you saying you have been playing for more than a year and are only in CH3 or 4??

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is inaccurate. Players that have purchased Diamonds will not be deleted for a while, but because of data laws, they will still be deleted because we can only legally store data for a certain length of time. Players that did not purchase Diamonds are eligible for deletion as early as 30 days of inactivity, even if they have Diamonds left in their account.

I don't think this stuff works the way Inno tells you and us. I have been playing for over 5 years and I still have a bunch of discovered cities that were already inactive when I started playing.

Iyapo1

Thank you for verifying this!