• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive neighbors

toaster4

Through elvenstats, I have learned that 15 of my fairly close neighbors have been inactive for a long long time. Is there any way Elvenar can remove them and get me active neighbors - even if they are new. Prince Caspian, AutumninNH,Moirathe Queen, DumbledoresEmpire, Jigs, Jaza Nike, Gerard is her, Cassiopei, and others.

OIM20

Please read:
This has been running every Monday for a while now. It only does a certain section of the World map at a time, and only moves cities if there's a spot with identical boosts.

Any time you see a player here complaining about being moved it's because inactive cities were moved out to the edges, and they were moved in towards the center.
This is inaccurate. Players that have purchased Diamonds will not be deleted for a while, but because of data laws, they will still be deleted because we can only legally store data for a certain length of time. Players that did not purchase Diamonds are eligible for deletion as early as 30 days of inactivity, even if they have Diamonds left in their account.
After chapter 3 it doesn't happen as quickly, but these cities can still be deleted for inactivity, it's just many months rather than weeks. It's a tiered system, but always starts with new inactives.
Players that bought Diamonds can sit on the map for longer than players that didn't. And these cities may belong to somebody who also plays actively in another world. 30 days is the soonest a city becomes eligible for deletion, but not all inactive cities will become eligible at that time depending on level and other factors.

Some cities that appear to be inactive aren't. We have a lot of players that still log in even if they do not upgrade any buildings to make their score change.
I've added emphasis to a part of that last one. I imagine logging in is one of the parameters Inno's logorithm uses to determine where to place a city on the movement lists (toward the center, or toward the edge).

Other open thread on this topic: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/dead-neighbors-cities-ad-infinitum.28340/

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have a fellow who logs in 4 to 6 times a year. She upgrades a granite farm and one other building on every visit. Because she plays intermittently the game keeps her city. We would drop her for an active player though, once we are done rebuilding.

Grid Gypsy

And as I mentioned in the other thread that OIM pointed out, there's no guarantee that active neighbors would visit you any more than the non-active. I'm on the 7th ring and out of all those cities maybe a dozen visit. You can still earn gold by visiting the inactives though.

OIM20

By the way, if you want to tell if your neighbors are truly inactive, one way is to watch their AW KP input. If they're at that stage and have built one, at least.

I've got one neighbor who has every wonder at Rune Phase - ten or so of them - and has done for more than a month. They're in an FS, so if they're giving to fellows' AWs, they should get runes occasionally - unless they never get the first couple of chests), and if they participate in tourney, the should get whole and broken shards - they can make a whole shard with ten broken ones. (I usually use mine for crafting, but there was that one time with the Mountain Halls....)

Of course, even then, it's entirely possible that they're just upping their fellows' AW KP and not bothering with their own because they're "on hiatus" and logging in maybe twice a day to throw the free 10 KP to a member of their FS.

satchmo33

I have a neighbor who used to be in my very first FS (5 years ago?) (and did zippo) and she still appears in my neighbors map - biblioholic beth (sp?)