• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inquiring Minds Wanna Know …

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Where did you or how did you come up with your screenname ?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'll start.
Back in the late 90s, when it seemed that our collective unconscious was dreaming about the Apocalypse, I too had such a dream.
I dreamed of a group of folks who banded together to cross a lawless wilderness, both urban and farmland, to arrive at a golden land (and if this sounds like a Stephen King novel, it's because we both tapped in at the same time). In my dream, though, the folks encountered a strange structure, that travelled through time and space, and in it was a mage named Lelanya. At that time I was unemployed so I spent some time roughing out some plots, for Lelanya's Tower. I was blissfully unaware that several screen writers and well known authors had had the same dream but interpreted it somewhat differently than I had (and yes, I experienced deja vu, when I read The Dark Tower, or watched The Day After Tomorrow).

But around that same time, it was popular to create a 'screen name' for use when navigating the World Wide Web. For me, there never was a choice, of course, I am Lelanya. ;)

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
In 98/99 I was asked to become a Sysop by Mark Garnat (mgg) at 2am Games. I needed a name within 20 min . I rushed to McDonald’s to get an Egg McMuffin and it was then I became muffin. Chain of Command , the military side of the game had over 1000 players consisting of all males. We offered many other games , chess , poker etc. to several thousands of players. I created the first all womens regiment for Chain of Command …The Amazing Amazons. We rocked !! Through the years players shortened my name to muffy and it’s remained for 24 years.

Laochra

My ancestry:
Irish {O'Sullivan Beara clan: Domhnall Cam Ó Súileabháin Bhéara} &
natives of the Mohawk Nation: {Thayendanegea/General Joseph Brant}
Warriors on both sides of the family.
Laochra {pronounced Loch-ra} is Irish for warriors.

StarLoad

Boring me and my birth year, I didn't want to use my gaming handle for something this mundane. Little did I know I play this more than anything and have been for years since 03/07/2017 I looked at the email

Ed

Edited to put the exact date in

Last edited:

Zoof

Whenever I play a game I don't intend to seriously take, I make a name I also don't intend to seriously use. Which inevitably backfires something fierce. This has happened twice before! The actual answer? In Discord, my replies or greetings to some people are usually some variation of: Rawrf, Worf, Borf, or Zoof. Cherries, biscuits and gravysteaks.
If you're part of a very certain social circle in one particular very niche community, this immediately reveals who I am, what I'm about, and why I so very much need to quit playing this game but can't stop.

Lady Dastardly

It's my real name ... well, at least for a few days in Oct. it is. I am a huge fan of Halloween and for the last 20+ years I have run a large yard haunt at my house that goes by the name of Dastardly Manor. It has a New Orleans meets Victorian Gothic theme and the majority of the props have been built by me. Come the last week in Oct., my husband and I become Lord & Lady Dastardly, to the delight of many trick-or-treaters.