• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Instants Arrived

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah 1 minute instants . There is going to be some unsatisfied players out there, most would like at least 5 minute instants!! lol.
ifuknowwhatimean.jpg

DeletedUser6892

Well, after trying it out I say - IF the instants are going to be available on common basis AND they will include time reducing ones- it'll be a nice feature that may in fact let us abandon quest cycling. But from players perspective (let's pretend we do not understand somebody was told to come up with something new and exciting) you would achieve that by simply adjusting numbers on production and upgrading... Although I bet my dust making pixies, instants will be just like blueprints.:rolleyes:
I like the IF they will be available...wonder if they will have to be bought w/diamonds, still haven't seen ABSOLUTE info re: these Instants, & as I said in another post--I don't do the quest cycling much but had to after last special quest (herds) as it was draining all resources, and was the only thing keeping me from running out andhaving to wait overlong for them to replenish themselves! Are there actually time reducers, too! Those would be great! Was wondering what you meant about blueprints....I am still sort of a noob about many things; learning fast (great people in FS!) but seems blueprints almost impossible to get ... and Hang on to those dust making pixies cuz i agree with you!

DeletedUser6892

That's a not-unreasonable position for someone who hasn't seen the last year of attempts. They've made some repair attempts on Beta in the past and been threatened with mass exodus. A lot of people have become heavily reliant on the quest cycling and they don't take kindly to most attempts to fix it.
Have wanted to try things in advance on Beta, but don't even know how to find it to try...have looked...hope there is no such thing as a stupid question.... feels a bit silly that I am unable to find; but don't know unless you ask, right? Feel like a noob at times, yet, others don't see that & promoted me and I am honored! Still asking questions, though! And would like to try stuff like Instants in Beta, before trying without full knowledge of what they do, and other information re: how they work, cost, obtaining, etc, before using them in my towns!

DeletedUser6892

After adding a few comments to others; and since first posting to this thread regarding the lack of information about Instants; I decided just to add one more post since there have been several made about time reducers. I never received or ever heard of them until reading this thread just now....and with most things taking a minimum of 3 hours (MOST, not all, I know, workshops start at 5 minutes) -- well, what is the point of a one minute reducer on MOST of the things we do to play the game? Great idea, but even so it would need to be worthwhile! One minute would be great when starting out, but upgrading, scouting, and even just making goods and supplies, one minute is not much in the whole scheme of things, esp when you get further into the game and it can take a day to scout a province; upgrade a building, etc. thanks for listening and have a great day!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Have wanted to try things in advance on Beta, but don't even know how to find it to try...have looked...hope there is no such thing as a stupid question.... feels a bit silly that I am unable to find; but don't know unless you ask, right? Feel like a noob at times, yet, others don't see that & promoted me and I am honored! Still asking questions, though! And would like to try stuff like Instants in Beta, before trying without full knowledge of what they do, and other information re: how they work, cost, obtaining, etc, before using them in my towns!
beta.elvenar.com

It's not the same account, so you have to sign up again.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
@Krazee4katz Here is a picture that shows how to get to the beta server from the login screen, once you create a city you can then sign up for the beta forums and read all about the new stuff and post your opinions, hope to see you there!! (click the pic to get it to go bigger)

2wmm9v4.jpg

As for instants you should have some already, they are found in your inventory bag under the instants tab, if you have more then one city they will only be in one of them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They will not be sold for diamonds. You might get some "free" during during a diamond sale with purchase, but there would be no point in selling a timer reduction for diamonds when you can just reduce time with diamonds directly.

It appears you are correct on this. There is a current promotion to buy packages of instants for real money. And the timer ones are NOT part of the packages, just goods and supplies instants.

DeletedUser9601

and with most things taking a minimum of 3 hours (MOST, not all, I know, workshops start at 5 minutes) -- well, what is the point of a one minute reducer on MOST of the things we do to play the game? Great idea, but even so it would need to be worthwhile!
I think its a bad idea to think of instants as a spell that removes the long timers. Maybe down the road, a 10-hour instant will come out, but I wouldn't bet on it, and I'd also expect such a reward to be really hard to come by.
Instead, think of the instants as a convenience. Imagine you need to go to work/school/travel, etc., but there's 10 minutes left on a builder. Normally its frustrating to know that your builder is sitting unused for most of the day.
Well, now you have a few 3-minute instants saved up. Spend all 3, finish the build, start another build, and know that your city kept progressing while you were AFK.
Are these spells as powerful as getting 15% of your supply cap? Probably not. Are these spells useful for people who are in front of a keyboard 15 hours a day? Probably not. But as of now Inno is giving these out like candy during events, and its not hard to see how saving up a handful can be convenient in the right circumstances.

DeletedUser5521

well, what is the point of a one minute reducer on MOST of the things we do to play the game?
I think the only real point of them (that I can see?), is that they are kind of like having $1.00 bills in your wallet along with $5's, $10's and $20's, etc. By themselves they might seem kind of pointless, but if I'm trying to "pay" the time off of a particular build, say perhaps, 26 minutes, and I have 3 10-minute boosts and 9 1-minute boosts, I'd kick out 6 of those 1-minute boosters with 2 of the 10's rather than the 3 10-minuters, because I don't think the game will give me back change ;):p:rolleyes:

EDIT: @Tedious "Maybe down the road, a 10-hour instant will come out, but I wouldn't bet on it, and I'd also expect such a reward to be really hard to come by." There were 14-hour, 8-hour and a few other significant time reduction boosts offered to the highest ranking Fellowships in the Fellowship Adventures first run on Beta. So, yeah, they're coming, but, yes, really hard to come by :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's completely insane.

The time reductions in the $30.00 package would use less than 2000 diamonds, which you can buy for $20.00 (even if you don't have the $19.99 pack, two of the 9.99 pack would get you 2200 diamonds.

That appears the be the stupidist thing I've ever seen in Elvenar diamond marketing.