• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inviting new member.

DeletedUser20941

How do I invite a specific new member to my Fellowship? They are not a neighbor of mine. They tell me they cannot apply themself.

DeletedUser7527

what you do is go on your main page in your city and where you see the trophy click on it and it will pop up a window and type there name in the search bar and find them and click on there name and visit them in there city and invite them from there

DeletedUser20941

Thank you.
Found the trophy, clicked....no search bar only list of top players and those surrounding me.
I do apologise, I am new at this. Our Archmage is currently ill.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Also, in order to invite a player into your FS you need to be an ambassador, a mage, or arch. Regular fellows can't issue invitations. Furthermore, the player you are trying to invite can't already be in a different FS. If they are, they must leave it before you can invite them into yours.

Deleted User - 4646370

On the app it's impossible. The steps given by @druindar faric work for browser version. (If neither the applicant nor any of your currently active members are able to log in on a computer, you're stuck. But this is highly unlikely.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Crow Last Elf

Thank you.
Found the trophy, clicked....no search bar only list of top players and those surrounding me.
I do apologise, I am new at this. Our Archmage is currently ill.

@Mrietha are you using the app or are you on a pc? I think the 2 have slightly different recruiting tools. I use the app and cannot search for a specific user to invite to my f/s. @Henroo is correct, make sure you have the right privileges. If you are not at least an ambassador, have a member who is a mage make you a mage at least temporarily in order to do recruiting.

Also, in the Overview page for your f/s, make sure that member acquisition by "Applications" is selected and that you have at least 1 open spot in the f/s. You may need to be a mage to do this part. If either of those things were set differently, ask the person to apply to your f/s again and see if the request appears in the "requests" tab of the f/s info area (the f/s banner).

If the person can not apply, find out if they using the app and what specifically is preventing them from applying. Is the person currently in a f/s? I think you have to leave a f/s before you can apply to another. It is harder on the app, but it can be done.

Crow Last Elf

How do you do this ?

If your f/s has an open position, you can use the "Find Members" option on the app.

From the player end, a player who is not in a f/s should be able to find f/s that accepts applications or have selected "join directly". When you are not in a f/s, where the f/s banner appears, you have the ability to search for a f/s. You can't search by name like the browser version, but there are different functions available when you are not in a f/s. I would have to leave my f/s to provide more details, sorry.

Last edited:

Crow Last Elf

How do you do this ?

Also, on my tablet I can sometimes login using the browser version. The scaling is annoying and huge, but if I have to do something that can only be done in the browser version, like change the information in my city name, I have done it on my tablet.

DeletedUser20941

Thank you all for this great information.
I am a Mage, never had to do much but be a cheerleader until our Archmage got sick and our more experienced Mage (than me) left.

Yes I am using the app on my phone.

I solved the immediate problem of new player not being able to join by:
Deleting all the old invitations, there must have been 50, going to the Fellowship info page and changing the joining choices. It was set at anyone could join, I set it to invitation only and then back to anyone.
I'm not sure what part of that worked, but she was able to join.
I did switch the join option to application only.

DeletedUser20941

If any of you are looking for the challenge of helping to rebuild a Fellowship, you'd be welcome at Moonlight Shadows in Sinya Arda.

Again thank you for all the information

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Just a suggestion:
Edit your FS info page and add something about 'all applicants please send message to [whoever - probably you] when you apply'. Ask them to tell what they expect to gain from this particular FS and what they can contribute to FS goals. It can be a 'pre-screening' tool to gauge actual interest and ability to follow directions, lol! No message, just delete the application.
I've seen new players just apply to a bunch of FS's without ever even bothering to read the overview and tbh, many of them just abandon the game fairly quickly.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How do I send someone an invitation?
3 things are required: 1. You must be an ambassador, mage, or archmage in your fellowship. 2. Your fellowship must have an open spot. 3. The player you are trying to invite can't already be in a fellowship.

Assuming all 3 of these conditions are true, you should be able to click on their name and an option it invite them should appear. Another way to do so is to visit the player's city and to click on the fellowship icon under their picture while in their city. The option to invite them should be present.