• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is a street connection to main hall required for military expiring buildings?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you mean the ones you can craft (unleashed unit, etc)., then no, a street connection is not required.

Ravensvoyage

If you mean the ones you can craft (unleashed unit, etc)., then no, a street connection is not required.
(Mage multiplier, unleashed unit, enlightened range, Dwarven Armorer, etc.) Thank you for your helpful reply, it confirms my read and makes planning for placement much easier.

NightshadeCS

If you ever use ElvenArchitect to help with your building planning, there is a helpful setting there that will show you which of your buildings need a street connection, and which do not. Let me know if you would like more information on that website and how to use it.

When looking at your inventory of buildings, you can hover over (at least, on browser version), and it will show you the building stats. If a connection is required, it will say so. If not, it will say nothing about street connection.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A simple test, that should cover about 99% (possibly 100%) of cases:

Does the building produce anything? If it does, it needs a road. If it doesn't, it doesn't need a road.

And for the most part, if it has several functions, the functions that do not produce anything will work if the building needs a road but isn't connected. (i.e., a ferris wheel will still give culture if not connected to the road, but it won't produce anything. And a residence still gives population if not connected to a road, but it won't make any coins.)