• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is amazon broken again?

Huor

This is from one of two players in our fellowship. Please see attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-08 9.53.01 AM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-08 9.53.01 AM-1.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 99

DeletedUser29287

there is an app for elvenar in the Amazon kindle fire store apparently they get the update after the other vendors do. You can put the google play store on a kindle fire it’s a bit complicated but it works.

Huor

This issue at the moment seems to be in the EU. Other players in the fellowship that play on amazon are US based and seem to be ok.

OIM20

*places platter of sweets on table out of kicking range as a bribe for @helya's boot to come fix this one like she did the other one....* ;)

Codycat

I still can't get the new up date to work on my Kindle fire tablet. I'm not sure how to install a google app.
Also It looks like my game is set to use Euros, but I'm in the US. So I hesitate to buy any gems before it all is fixed.
Could my tablet problem be because it doesn't think I'm in the US?

Codycat

I"m finally learning to use the laptop version of Elvenar, but I prefer the the way I can make building disappear on my tablet, when I'm moving around my buildings as I grow.

OIM20

Could my tablet problem be because it doesn't think I'm in the US?
It's possible. Amazon help page on Location Services on Kindle Fire tablets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201604200
If you disable location services, you may not be able to access or use certain apps or features on your device that require those services.
How to turn on location services on a Kindle Fire tablet: https://www.alphr.com/turn-on-amazon-fire-location-services/

Huor

Thank you for looking into the issue! The two players in our fellowship have switched to apple tablets so they are up and playing again.

Grid Gypsy

I"m finally learning to use the laptop version of Elvenar, but I prefer the the way I can make building disappear on my tablet, when I'm moving around my buildings as I grow.

There are several ways to play the mobile version of Elvenar on laptop, I currently use BlueStacks. (thanks again OIM!) They even pre-install Elvenar for you if you download from the correct link. I prefer to use the browser for most things, but neighborhood visits are definitely a LOT easier with mobile.

BrinDarby

Amazon hasn't been particularly helpful. We're still working with them, but they have zero sense of urgency about this, it's not just you.
Helya, the APP shold be directly available from InnoGames, and the APP itself
should auto-update if it seems Inno wants to push updates weekly it seems....

Not only is there a growing segment of the population that is pushing back
against the Elite tech companies ( apple/google/amazon,facebook,twitter,Igram )
but when you involve a 3rd party, they have Zero focus on the end user.

InnoGames becomes Google/Amazon/Apple's customer in effect.
While it "appears" the end user is Amazon's customer, they aren't .....
Amazon is nothing more than a delivery company that InnoGames
has contracted with to provide that delivery. outsourcing gone wrong.

Solution : what I said above, plain and simple....

( I never had problems 25 years ago with my poker site, they
didn't call it an APP, because now as then ... its just D/L'd software.
It auto-updated on logon, when necessary, and was D/L'able
directly from the poker site... if there was a problem, there was No
3rd party to drop the ball, it was all in-house)

Codycat

Well - not the Problem with the euros, as Innogames fixed them back to $. So I uninstalled the game on the tablet, but when I try to install a "new" version it still goes to "you need to Update" and then to a whirling never ending spin. So I guess Amazon has decided to drop Innogames from its apps??? I hope Inno isn't paying anything to Amazon - Amazon must be imploding from all its over-complexity.
I guess I can't get the easy city maneuvering I got on the tablet, on the laptop. *** I wish I could make the buildings disappear when I'm moving things around. :(

Codycat

There are several ways to play the mobile version of Elvenar on laptop, I currently use BlueStacks. (thanks again OIM!) They even pre-install Elvenar for you if you download from the correct link. I prefer to use the browser for most things, but neighborhood visits are definitely a LOT easier with mobile.
Thanks - Grid Gypsy - I'll see if I can find a friend to help me do that at some point.

CajunPurple

I was playing on my Fire HD (11thgen) just a few days ago then while playing it turn off the game and went to the appstore. Not able to get the update yet. I do hope they get it working soon.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I have had that happen to me in the past with an app. The only thing Amazon listens to is when you complain, especially if you are a prime user. All of you should be contacting their customer support.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Currently, Amazon is telling players that complain that the problem is on our side. Basically, they will not approve the update. They say it crashes some devices. We have tested it on all types of Amazon devices without a problem, so we cannot replicate it and have asked for more information, but they're not very responsive.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Please keep your expectations low though, who knows if the next update will be approved.