• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is anyone actually PLAYING this game?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1027
  • Start date

DeletedUser1027

Please forgive the large print - I am visually impaired.

I am getting beyond frustrated. I started playing Elvenar a few weeks ago. I play every day, usually checking in a couple of times a day to pick up goods and reset my factories. I have both a Fairy and a Human town. I go to all of my neighbors and "help" them EVERY DAY. I'm not happy about what I am seeing.

First, only 2 out of about 60 neighbors have EVER returned the help and NO ONE ever answers when I send a message to them (I was sending thank you notes, but never received a reply).

Second, after weeks of playing, I see that most people have not expanded their towns at all. Most are just a couple of buildings and a pathway. In many of those same towns, I see factories running and fighters being trained, so I assume the player must be playing. In several of the towns, there is nothing to click on to help. I don't know why - the buildings are there.

Why aren't they expanding at all?

I'm truly wondering if I am wasting my time here. I love the game - I think it's beautiful. I don't know what people expect - it's basically a SIM game with a bunch of extras added (like the battles). I can't seem to find neighbors that will interact with me.

What is the story with this game? Can someone give me some insight?

Thanks!
Suzneval
:)

DeletedUser828

What you are seeing in cities with no development, are people who have started to play the game and stopped after joining. After 30 days those accounts will be removed from your map, and you will wait a ridiculous amount of time before new ones pop up. Visit them and take advantage of the coins while they are there.
Are you in a Fellowship? If not I would suggest that you get into one so you have the neighborly help and commodore you would like for your game play.

DeletedUser1027

What you are seeing in cities with no development, are people who have started to play the game and stopped after joining. After 30 days those accounts will be removed from your map, and you will wait a ridiculous amount of time before new ones pop up. Visit them and take advantage of the coins while they are there.
Are you in a Fellowship? If not I would suggest that you get into one so you have the neighborly help and commodore you would like for your game play.

Thank you for your reply. I figured they weren't playing (although I'm not sure why their buildings appear to be in "operation." I wish they would turn over the neighbors faster - this is ridiculous. I spend time each day offering help and get none in return.

I don't know how the guilds work, but I will look into it.

Regards!
SuzneVal

DeletedUser828

You're not going to get help from them, since they are abandoned. Go visit and get the coins :) Coins are nice even if you receive no help back. Fellowship are fun when you have good people in them, they promote daily visits, helping with your trades, plus an in game chat easy to pop into for help or just general discussion. I have one on both servers, they make the game more fun!

DeletedUser61

• If you're using Chrome as your browser,
    you can use Ctrl+ScrollWheel to zoom the various tabs
    and Chrome will remember your settings for each tab
  • The typical second day return rate for FreeToPlay browser games is around 15%, and it seems that we're actually doing better than that.
  • On Beta1, which is our oldest, most mature server, our 75th percentile player rank is 17,188
    • On EN1 it's 337 (Armory + Trader + a handful of workshops)
    • On US1, which is the same age as EN1, it's 323
    • On US2, which is a couple of months younger, it's 165
  • Joining a Fellowship will provide you with access to 20+ active players

DeletedUser1027

• If you're using Chrome as your browser,
    you can use Ctrl+ScrollWheel to zoom the various tabs
    and Chrome will remember your settings for each tab
  • The typical second day return rate for FreeToPlay browser games is around 15%, and it seems that we're actually doing better than that.
  • On Beta1, which is our oldest, most mature server, our 75th percentile player rank is 17,188
    • On EN1 it's 337 (Armory + Trader + a handful of workshops)
    • On US1, which is the same age as EN1, it's 323
    • On US2, which is a couple of months younger, it's 165
  • Joining a Fellowship will provide you with access to 20+ active players
Thank you for your response Katwijk - I didn't understand most of it, but thank you. I will seriously consider joining a Fellowship.

DeletedUser1027

You're not going to get help from them, since they are abandoned. Go visit and get the coins :) Coins are nice even if you receive no help back. Fellowship are fun when you have good people in them, they promote daily visits, helping with your trades, plus an in game chat easy to pop into for help or just general discussion. I have one on both servers, they make the game more fun!
Yes, I am visiting each town anyway to get the coins. Seemed the best idea. :)

DeletedUser

Another thing to consider are situations like mine. I'm an utter newbie to the world of interactive gaming AND Elvenar. I did some research to find a game that wasn't war-focused, and so far, I like what I see. Just understand it will take some of us a while to figure out what's going on. I'm actually going to get my stepson (who is an expert gamer) to help me figure all this out.

Deleted User - 107391

Thank you for your reply. I figured they weren't playing (although I'm not sure why their buildings appear to be in "operation." I wish they would turn over the neighbors faster - this is ridiculous. I spend time each day offering help and get none in return.

I don't know how the guilds work, but I will look into it.

Regards!
SuzneVal

Another thing to consider are situations like mine. I'm an utter newbie to the world of interactive gaming AND Elvenar. I did some research to find a game that wasn't war-focused, and so far, I like what I see. Just understand it will take some of us a while to figure out what's going on. I'm actually going to get my stepson (who is an expert gamer) to help me figure all this out.

As has been said: Join a Fellowship. A Fellowship should help you understand the game and give you advice on what to do next. To begin that, just click on the shield icon in the upper left box.

I greet all of our new Fellowship members with advice that begins like this:
1) Change the name of your town to personalize it. Click on the generic name at the top of the screen and type in a name you want.
a) While you're at it, add three letters: CBM. C for Culture, B for Builder, M for Money. Put these in the order that you would prefer for neighbor help, and change them as often as you like. Most people prefer Culture most of the time as it yields overall help. Then build your culture close to your Main Hall, where it is easy for visitors to click it.
2) Keep your development slow, so that you aren't constantly running out of space. (Experience speaking!) Try to limit yourself to no more than 12 houses at first... etc.

Not all Fellowships will be that friendly. Choose one that has a range of ranks that aren't too high (you probably won't have a lot in common with the top 100).

Also, note your own rank. It's probably somewhere around 18,000. That means about 50,000 people that created a town and never developed it. Inno can't prevent that. They are trying to delete the unused accounts, but that has its own set of problems. Aggressive players don't like to have ghost towns disappear around them, because it's fewer towns to collect coins from. At my level, that's 3600 coins I'm missing from every deleted ghost town. The Fellowships are intended to ameliorate that a bit, by providing you with a set of viable 'neighbors'.

Join a Fellowship.

DeletedUser1027

As has been said: Join a Fellowship. A Fellowship should help you understand the game and give you advice on what to do next. To begin that, just click on the shield icon in the upper left box.

I greet all of our new Fellowship members with advice that begins like this:
1) Change the name of your town to personalize it. Click on the generic name at the top of the screen and type in a name you want.
a) While you're at it, add three letters: CBM. C for Culture, B for Builder, M for Money. Put these in the order that you would prefer for neighbor help, and change them as often as you like. Most people prefer Culture most of the time as it yields overall help. Then build your culture close to your Main Hall, where it is easy for visitors to click it.
2) Keep your development slow, so that you aren't constantly running out of space. (Experience speaking!) Try to limit yourself to no more than 12 houses at first... etc.

Not all Fellowships will be that friendly. Choose one that has a range of ranks that aren't too high (you probably won't have a lot in common with the top 100).

Also, note your own rank. It's probably somewhere around 18,000. That means about 50,000 people that created a town and never developed it. Inno can't prevent that. They are trying to delete the unused accounts, but that has its own set of problems. Aggressive players don't like to have ghost towns disappear around them, because it's fewer towns to collect coins from. At my level, that's 3600 coins I'm missing from every deleted ghost town. The Fellowships are intended to ameliorate that a bit, by providing you with a set of viable 'neighbors'.

Join a Fellowship.
This may be a stupid question, but do I need to join 2 Fellowships because I have 2 towns?

In one my rank is in the 3000's. In the other my rank is in the 11,000's (I started the Human settlement after the Elven one). I'm really having difficulty in only one area - fighting. No matter how much I upgrade my armories and barracks, no matter how many fighters I send in, I get slaughtered. I have no idea how to fix this. How can 2 fighters with life points of 4 kill 5 fighters with life points of 18+? I must be missing something major here!

Thanks for all the info!

Deleted User - 107391

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to join 2 Fellowships because I have 2 towns?

In one my rank is in the 3000's. In the other my rank is in the 11,000's (I started the Human settlement after the Elven one). I'm really having difficulty in only one area - fighting. No matter how much I upgrade my armories and barracks, no matter how many fighters I send in, I get slaughtered. I have no idea how to fix this. How can 2 fighters with life points of 4 kill 5 fighters with life points of 18+? I must be missing something major here!

Thanks for all the info!
Yes, you need to join two fellowships if you're going to keep both towns. Just make sure you are a full participant in each fellowship. If both of your towns are in Arendyll, technically they could both be in the same fellowship, but small, early players have less to offer to the fellowship than it has to offer them. Both you and the fellowship are better off with only one of your towns. (And probably one of your towns is in Wynandor anyway.)

As for the fighting -- keep at it. You could be at one of the low points, or it could be you haven't figured it out yet. I hit a dead spot where I just couldn't win any battles, and now all of a sudden I'm winning them again. I'm not even sure why. One tip -- go after one opponent until it's dead, then another. That way you eliminate how many times the enemy can hit you.

DeletedUser1027

Yes, you need to join two fellowships if you're going to keep both towns. Just make sure you are a full participant in each fellowship. If both of your towns are in Arendyll, technically they could both be in the same fellowship, but small, early players have less to offer to the fellowship than it has to offer them. Both you and the fellowship are better off with only one of your towns. (And probably one of your towns is in Wynandor anyway.)

As for the fighting -- keep at it. You could be at one of the low points, or it could be you haven't figured it out yet. I hit a dead spot where I just couldn't win any battles, and now all of a sudden I'm winning them again. I'm not even sure why. One tip -- go after one opponent until it's dead, then another. That way you eliminate how many times the enemy can hit you.

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm hoping that by training up a few Cerberus (at least in the Human Village) I can make some headway. I now also have advanced Sword Dancers.

I have just founded a Fellowship - Muses of the Sidhe - I hope if you are not part of one you will check it out! I would love to have some active players join me and have some fun!

I have also send requests to join fellowships in Arendyll (Human Village). Yes, my other village is the Elven one in Wynandor. That is where I have founded my Fellowship.

Brightest Blessings!
SuzneVal

DeletedUser1042

Thanks for all the info!

you should be more specific in describing problem, especially if you already are 3000 ranked. because 2 fighters with 4 health are no match for 5 fighters with 18+ health. they just won't win.

first why only 2 fighters (correctly would be say - squad - because each "fighter" includes one special type of troops but they are many there) - you said you build and upgrade barracks and armories a lot.. so you should have plenty of troops (some 500-1000 of each type), where is problem to make full army with 5 "fighters", just click on troop type as many times you wish till army is full (if you really can't do it, then that is a bug and you can report to GM about this)
secondary each "fighter" has capacity which you can increase by researching "squad size upgrades" - this actually is main solution to overwhelm enemy by using mass. the more upgrades you have - the bigger "fighters" you have.
next one - don't use auto fighting - it could give you fast victory and big injuries, cause IA is dumb. manually use battle maps obstacles, block melee fighters and force them change route and so on..
when arrange army for some battle check what special strength has enemy, i.e. no sense to put shooters in army if enemy has very strong attack and defence boost against them..
on first look it seems all.

cheers and enjoy the game ];)

Deleted User - 107391

... 2 fighters with 4 health are no match for 5 fighters with 18+ health. they just won't win.

first why only 2 fighters ...

I think she was saying that her five fighters couldn't defeat the enemy's two fighters.

DeletedUser627

If you're interested in a game where you check in for a few minutes periodically, do your chores and/or fight a little - this can be your game. It's ideal for the gamer who wants to devote a few minutes consistently over a long period of time, and watch it grow at slow pace. Think of Elvish "Hay Day" or Farmville, with the option of some fighting added. If, however, you want a game that you can play during your free hours, developing an Elvenar city doesn't then give you active play time.

Important to know - before you invest time or money - the waiting periods increase until it can take 24 hours just to scout one province. It will eventually take 18 hours to upgrade a building. It's always important to check in, do "chores", and be consistent...but the rewards become infrequent. I'm currently ranked #6 in Arendyll, and even at this level the game is all about waiting days between one small step forward and the next.

Deleted User - 107391

Important to know - before you invest time or money - the waiting periods increase until it can take 24 hours just to scout one province. It will eventually take 18 hours to upgrade a building. It's always important to check in, do "chores", and be consistent...but the rewards become infrequent. I'm currently ranked #6 in Arendyll, and even at this level the game is all about waiting days between one small step forward and the next.

Thank you; good to know. I've been increasingly concerned about the amount of time I've been spending on it. (Rank 471)

DeletedUser1027

I think she was saying that her five fighters couldn't defeat the enemy's two fighters.
Absolutely correct! I have sent in 5 "squads" when the enemy has only 2 and still get clobbered. I have been looking at the stats - I can't understand exactly why this is happening because I'm trying to fight either enemies that are less strong or the same and I try to put in more fighters than the enemies I'm fighting. I'm getting a lot of good advice in the Forum. Perhaps my troops will stop dying so readily! :)

DeletedUser1027

you should be more specific in describing problem, especially if you already are 3000 ranked. because 2 fighters with 4 health are no match for 5 fighters with 18+ health. they just won't win.

first why only 2 fighters (correctly would be say - squad - because each "fighter" includes one special type of troops but they are many there) - you said you build and upgrade barracks and armories a lot.. so you should have plenty of troops (some 500-1000 of each type), where is problem to make full army with 5 "fighters", just click on troop type as many times you wish till army is full (if you really can't do it, then that is a bug and you can report to GM about this)
secondary each "fighter" has capacity which you can increase by researching "squad size upgrades" - this actually is main solution to overwhelm enemy by using mass. the more upgrades you have - the bigger "fighters" you have.
next one - don't use auto fighting - it could give you fast victory and big injuries, cause IA is dumb. manually use battle maps obstacles, block melee fighters and force them change route and so on..
when arrange army for some battle check what special strength has enemy, i.e. no sense to put shooters in army if enemy has very strong attack and defence boost against them..
on first look it seems all.

Thank you SO MUCH for the information. In fact, I HAVE been auto-fighting. I didn't realize there was a difference. I am checking the enemies stats and "trying" to put in fighters which are either stronger, more of them or have better skills. Obviously, I'm not doing that very well. That's why I'm trying to work on the barracks, armories and progressing along in the chart to have larger squads and more types of fighters. I figure that is my best option. Yes? No? Am I completely lost?

DeletedUser627

it's great you're taking the time to learn to fight! Winning encounters becomes more and more important, as it wins you land expansions - which can make or break your game. I didn't learn to fight, and regret it.

if you can find the tricks / strategy for fighting larger squads (and it's possible, although i don't know how)...this will help you later. lots. so, while you're progressing (and while it takes comparatively little time to rebuild armies!), experiment with forces and terrain and see what you can pick up. good luck!