• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is Elvenar Losing its Popularity?

Tauriel Dragonwood

I did end up joining fellowships (I have two cities now) but I didn't appreciate the pressure beforehand from many members in the forum upon learning I was in chapter five and playing solo (gasp!!). I am glad the game itself does not pressure or force FS participation, especially in the beginning of the game. I did what I wanted and would not have appreciated being told what to do (I still don't, to a degree, lol, still refusing to build some things because "it told me to"). One of the great things about this game is that there is virtually no "wrong" way to play (despite what some players would have you think as they try to tell you their way is the way).

It seems some use the drop-out rate as evidence toward the need for the game to be more direct in what to do, which I have difficult time understanding because I did not encounter anything unclear that interfered with my success. (The exception to this is the barracks: as a cater-only player, I have zero need for barracks and that is one building that is presented as important but you cannot sell it once you realize it's not for you. Not building it was the only thing I would have done differently if I knew then what I knew later, and so my second city has none. The only interference it created was monopolizing space that I would rather have used for buildings that actually benefited my city.) My impression is that a common reason for quitting early is simply frustration after discovering the game isn't what they thought it would be.

After I joined the forum, I got a ton of FS invites and questions about why I wasn't interested in FS (in addition to pressuring comments in the forum). It was one thing to have made it that far without having experienced fellowships, but another for me to resist and repeatedly turn down offers. This seemed incomprehensible to many. There was one player who reached out who didn't give me a hard time about it. They asked questions but didn't argue with me about my choices. They were willing to offer advice and answer questions even though they had no "obligation," no ties to me since I wasn't part of the FS. (Thanks @Henroo, I'll never forget it) Eventually, I joined the fellowship they were in and I've been glad for the benefits. I did have access to tourney and FA since I had created a solo-FS for myself, but as a solo player, I couldn't get far with those (designed for group contribution) so couldn't effectively benefit from them. I was always grateful for your support @shimmerfly when I was solo (as a fellow solo player) and resisting the pressure to do things a certain way (I still do things my way, lol---"keep it square!" they keep saying--ha!). I got some raised eyebrows about many of my choices and appreciated the members who supported me anyway (@Iyapo1 and others). After a few months, everyone backed off from trying to persuade me and let me be. I still support any player's choice to play solo. I had zero complaints during that time. I am realizing now (unless I have misunderstood) that one of the differences between us was availability/frequency. I am very active (like, log-in several times a day); If I was not able to log in dependably (varying/unpredictable RL), my gameplay rhythm and tempo would likely be very different and I'd probably still be satisfied and happy to play solo.
Excellent! You took all the pressure and did it your way. Many players seem to forget this is just a game.

StarLoad

Wish I could visit your city to see how it’s set up. I haven’ t seen Easy provinces for years. Can you tell me what chapter you’re up to, how many armories you have and what level they are? Any advice to help make battles possible in the provinces again, instead of using up all resources negotiating, would be greatly appreciated.
My main city and most advanced is on Arendyll and you can see it on Elvenarchitect. I am in Chapter 16 and parked for an indefinite time.
I have 6 Armories all at level 35 and 2 are in storage for the event space. Aw for battles the AW like the Monastery, Needles, Flying Academy, Dragon Abbey and the Toads are all that I am putting all my KP into. I have a good number of troops and enough Goods to negotiate as needed and battle where I can. I now focus on making my Army better and Stronger and simplify the goods needed through Sets and event bldgs that maintain and increase my supplies.

Ed

Tauriel Dragonwood

@ed1960 I have a city in Arendyll. Going to try and see if I can visit your city. I want Elvenar to be fun again and the information you shared will make that possible. Thank you so much for answering my question.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My neighbor is active but if you have the “Allow Automatic Movement to Better Position” box checked in Settings, you will be moved whether active or not. He was wondering why he was being moved and found out about this feature from the Support Team. He enjoys Elvenar but is wondering if it’s going to be a grind every day to play, which takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the game.
Yeah, once he finds a neighborhood he really likes, then checking off that box will really help him. It's so strange, because I've been active for nearly 2 years (in October), and I've always had that box checked but was never moved even once. I guess it depends on what neighborhood you land in to begin with. Maybe I'd better take off that check mark; I do like my neighborhood. Then again, I'm always up for adventure. Seeing more of the map would be interesting!

There are so many different types of games and so many different preferences of players, that finding a game that suits you is a challenge. If he finds this a grind, he may like something else better. I have friends who prefer a different game (I don't think I'm allowed to mention a non-Inno game). Funny, because Elvenar is so much better to me and that other game is rather "a grind" to me. They think opposite. Different strokes for different folks. I hope your friend finds what he's looking for.