• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is it acceptable to remove a person from a FS?

Shellizzie

When they just don't seem to be working out? They grow fine and visit, but they don't participate in trades or chat or anything really. I am still new as an AM and trying to get our FS more active and there are people who grow but don't seem to visit or trade often.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"Acceptable" is a wide term. It isn't forbidden, but may engender bad feelings, depending how it's approached. How much that matters is up to you and the person removed. Have you sent them a PM first? Maybe saying that you aren't sure the fellowship is a good fit, since you are looking for more active participation, and whether they might be happier in a less chatty group? In the end, you have to live with the fallout, not anyone else.

DeletedUser6083

As an AM you do undersand is your FS? you can kick people out just becaouse they builded a workshop in the "whrong" part of town or something :) Yes inactive people are geting kicked, simple as that, especialy in the low chapters FS, you must remove and invite new players often till you get a good active base, then you can be more linian like "2 weeks visiting your grandma and no net? NO problem" but till you get there you do need at least a few active, daily/weekly visiting/growing/trading players first, chating should be optional, some people just dont want to chat.
Some people join this game for a day or 2 then quit, you cant aford keeping them and filling your fs with that.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When started first our FS the rules were pretty relaxed, 3 visits a week was pretty much it. Then as we started to attract a more active base we got a little more serious.
What helped was asking the entire fellowship what was important to them,
  • Players that only build their boosted factories, thereby contributing to the FS' economy
  • Players that post trades
  • Players that visit x times per week
  • Players that chat
  • Players that grow
Based on their answers we changed the requirements for being in our FS.
If your FS welcome page says "No drama, just have fun!" you are going to get some very casual players, but maybe you start out that way and change later like we did.

Calenmir

The direct answer is there is nothing wrong with kicking anyone. But if they haven't broken any stated rule there is no real cause to let them go. If the rules changed after they joined, you have to ask yourself how fair it is to let them go when that wasn't a requirement to join. But if they aren't taking trades and trading is a rule, then why aren't they? Are they only on once a day? Once a week? Is there city too small to be able to help with the trades? I have two fairly new cities (and one well established city), in those two cities it's rare when I can take a trade because the amounts are far beyond my means AND I don't yet have T3 goods. As well, lots of times I get on and there are no trades to take. I get lucky on occasion and can swipe a T3 trade, then will give it back, but it's not easy with a new city. I would think both the FS's priority and that person's would be to get their city up to speed. If this is the case, then warn them that there is an expectation to pick up trades.

Lots of folks aren't chatty and that's not important to them (it's not to me - I'm not baring my soul to people I hardly know - no matter how much they tell me about themselves), so not sure how fair it would be to let them go for that reason, unless it was stated that participation in chats was a requirement. SoggyShorts makes a very good point, find out what the group as a whole wants and give them (and everyone) a chance to have a say.

Good luck, I'm sure this is a hard decision.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
As an archmage myself, I understand what you are saying, you want the fellowship to be as active as it can be. First it is hard to see if a member is taking trades, unless they are taking yours or are on the chat and say that they have taken a posted trade. Your member might be taking trades that you are not seeing. If they have only their boosted factories they most likely are taking some trades, if not you might want to try and persuade them to do so by explaining about how much more goods they can make and how much space they could save, and how it would help the rest of the fellowship, if you have a good balance of boosted goods,( if you don't have a good balance of boosted goods, members trades could sit for a long time and that isn't good), but be gentle, no one wants to feel like they are being told how to run their city. Also are you at 25/25 members? If not I would say that an active player that visits is good enough, until you get it to full. I also agree with Soggy, that this could be something to ask the fellowship as a whole so that every member feels like they have a say in how the fellowship is going to progress, this also takes some of the weight off your shoulders as its what the fellowship as a whole wants. Good luck with your Fellowship, your off to a good start, as asking for advice shows you are open to suggestions and that's the best way to run a fellowship!

Last edited:

Shellizzie

Thank you everyone for your advice. Our FS has been growing and as we grow the newer players are more active while some of the older players are not. It is a challenge to keep everyone happy as I feel our FS is becoming more of a competitive one vs a casual one that some are more used to. My challenge is developing the group into a good team.
Thanks again!