• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is there a Guide? Strategies for a New Player? Need advice

DeletedUser423

Hi, I'm a newbie and am a little confused and feeling like I'm not playing very well. I'm looking for more detailed information, rather like a walk-thru, than I can find on their website and in the wiki. I don't know what to focus on, which order to purchase/upgrade in, and the best ways to accumulate resources. So many things seem to cost diamonds, like upgrading my builder's hut.

Also, if I have accepted a quest, not realizing that it is practically impossible right now, can I then cancel out of it? I've even exited the game and reentered, but this particular quest (15 marble relics) just has an "OK" button.

DeletedUser366

The quest you cannot decline is your main quest, while other quest that you can decline - is in cycle and some of them can be repeatable. Just saying.

It's more of the game's a city-building. You would want a glorious city, heh. There's no way for 'not playing well' or anything. Not sure if it'll help you or something, I'm sorry. Do look at the link above what Katwijk provided, so it can give you some ideas on what to do.

Feel free to ask any more question.

- Jarreth

DeletedUser64

quests are most important
as they give a lot of stuff
few days ago i started a new char on beta
and the best strategy seemed to be:
follow main quest and build the things it needs, you can also build some more residences and workshops, as it needs it
once you can freely do what you want, consider attacking some provinces to get 2 hexes, and 2 expansions
build around 8-10 workshops and upgrade them to 2 as soon as possible
build a barrack and the rest can be residences
you can cancel quests and loop them
when you go to sleep, put all workshops to 9 hours for example and its advised to upgrade the main hall 2x first day
second day just calculate and make the quests , you can have a lot of gold by producing tools and a lot of tools producing gold later
have always 170% bonus culture
you need around 20 houses, you could have more but at level 8 they become bigger so you cant fit more
also around 10 workshops are enough but you can build like 14-16 too if you are a lot online
best to have only your boosted resource manufactories and trade the rest, later you produce 3-4x more of them so the other 2 is innefective to produce, you can just exchange or buy from wholesaler, tier 2 can be built if no one trades, tier 3 are big and maybe worth to build 1-2 to cover daily 1-2 building needs
if i would start over, i would definietly build a lot of workshops and only 20 residences, culture for 170%, the rest for armories
as attacking provinces is most cheap and easy way to advance in ranks
and having 30-40 residences is a waste of time

DeletedUser423

Thank you all very much! Yes, this is my second day, so I'm grateful for the tips! Is there a way to see a specific player's city if it doesn't appear on my map? The guide that was linked above referenced Khebeln's city for ideas, but I don't know how to look at it.

DeletedUser

At the top left of the screen in your city, you can see your rank right under your avatar. If you click on that, it leads you to the rank list. You can search for a player's name and then click on it and choose "visit" to see the player's city. You can visit the city of any player in your world using the rank list, even if you have not discovered the person.

Overall, I would suggest building workshops and residences to start accumulating gold and resource points -- those are the basic things you will use in your city. My personal choice has been to develop my economy as well as my military -- if you want to do that, you can build a barracks and start producing military units.

You need culture buildings in order to keep upgrading your city. One tip on culture buildings is that they don't need to be connected with roads, so you can stick them all someplace away from your main hall and save the spaces around roads for the buildings that require them. Having more than the minimum culture buildings will allow you to collect bonus gold and resource points. Whether this is beneficial to you or not depends on your strategy -- some people choose to have fewer culture buildings and more workshops and residences to have a higher base production.

The way to progress in the game overall is to accumulate knowledge points. You get one every hour, and you can buy more with gold or solve encounters on the map to gain one resource point per encounter. To solve encounters you can either pay with resources or fight battles. I choose to do a combination, like I will pay with resources when I can use my "boosted" resource, which it sounds like in your case is marble.

Like others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about being "stuck" on a quest that you can't decline. You will probably finish it eventually just in the course of playing. The quests that give you the option to Decline are repeatable, and if you're stuck on one of those quests, it's best to just decline it and go on to the other ones until you can complete it. (I run into that most often with the quest that wants you to build 2 buildings above level 3.)

It is good to explore your neighborhood and get to know your neighbors -- they can provide neighborly help and also trade resources with you that you will need later. The more encounters you solve and hexagons you scout, the more neighbors you will have to help and trade.

Basically just keep building and gaining supplies and troops, scout the map and solve encounters as you are able, and over time you will progress.

DeletedUser

I think the player referenced in that guide played on the beta world, so you would not be able to find him on world 1. You can start an account on the beta world to find him.