• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is there a way to speed up manual fights?

ET-inf3rno

I am doing many provinces on tournament and even with 3 "arrows" on the HTML5 page it is way too slow to do it manually. It takes a lot of time to wait for the animations. Is there any way to speed them up further?

ET-inf3rno

Yes I know semi-auto, it is just too risky to do anything auto when we are talking about 8-10k archers per squad and even one squad loss can hurt a lot. I wanted to skip the animations somehow, but that is not an option. Should I post a feature request about it? Would I have any chance with it?

DeletedUser20951

There are some very clever people here, and someone might just come up with a workable idea.
Never completely certain of my outstanding cleverness, but perhaps it could be part of the 'low' setting in battle graphics, where animations are eliminated, instead of just reduced resolution or whatever it does, similar to how the 'low' city graphics option functions?

DeletedUser20396

I myself like the animations. To me, it is a chess board, and if you know your piece, you can beat the enemy. Learn which pieces are strong and weak against other pieces, and you'll be able to defeat larger numbered armies.

ET-inf3rno

Tried out semi-auto meanwhile. It can lose an entire squad from dominating position. I used 5 full hp blossom mages against 5 orc generals + swamp monsters to finish and the blossom mages moved to the range of 3 enemy squads and attacked a squad which wasn't even close. That meant a loss about 2500 blossom mages. So better to use semi-auto only when you are entirely sure they cannot go close enough to hit your squads. Otherwise it worked well. I used other little things like low quality graphics, moving less, killing entire squads even if they have 1% left, so the enemy squads won't move that many times either and I tried to finish a tent in 2-3 rounds. I can do around 2-2.5 tents per min this way. I figured that the damage matters a lot. If it is low I have to run a lot and fights are longer than 5 rounds. I think I could do any number of provinces on this steel tournament now, only the scouted provinces and the time is limiting. Time warp will solve the latter one and I will start scouting again to be able to do more next cycle. I'll send a feature request, maybe... Actually without animations manual fights might work for the app too, so it might have a chance.