• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is there anyway to delete the barracks ... puleeze?

DeletedUser21053

I was new and didn't realize that there was a choice to place the barracks or not to move forward...

I know that they say that you can't delete it and I would gladly have re-started the game but I already spent money on diamonds and don't want to start over,,, I mean can we say pretty please and make a formal request?

DeletedUser19723

You're right. I don't believe you can delete it once it is placed. You could put in a support ticket to Inno, though I can't say if they'll honor the request. You can try anyway. Or....You could just leave it and build around it. If you don't upgrade it, it won't get any bigger. Even if you don't fight, only negotiate in battling, a barracks is handy for quests and events. Sometimes you are asked to train a given number of troops as part of an event quest. You need a barracks to do that. Also, if you don't attach it to a road and stick it in a corner until you need it, it's more or less out of the way. Hope this helps some.

Vergazi

I have had no issues through both building my military to strength and building up my manufactories. I cannot know what your specific beef with having a Barracks is, short of being a philosophical pacifist. ( I refuse to believe that is the case because projecting one's philosophical beliefs into a imaginary game world would seem to me to be patently ludicrous on it's face ). The only effect of pursuing both strategies is that one is forced, imo, to grow in a more gradual, balanced way which takes more time. Is your problem merely a issue of not enough space?
You can go to support and ask but I don't know of any way to do it. I know if you leave the game the only things you CAN NOT delete or sell are your Main Hall, Barracks & Magic Academy. Sorry
Not to correct, but to just as an addendum to @Silvianar 's post. You also are not able to sell/delete the Builders' Hut.

Gath Of Baal

You have to actually build the trader, magic academy and barracks and once built you can not get rid of them.. Is it even possible to progress in the game with out building these? Its been a long while since I had a new city and cant remember if it will even let you progress with out building them?

DeletedUser21053

You're right. I don't believe you can delete it once it is placed. You could put in a support ticket to Inno, though I can't say if they'll honor the request. You can try anyway. Or....You could just leave it and build around it. If you don't upgrade it, it won't get any bigger. Even if you don't fight, only negotiate in battling, a barracks is handy for quests and events. Sometimes you are asked to train a given number of troops as part of an event quest. You need a barracks to do that. Also, if you don't attach it to a road and stick it in a corner until you need it, it's more or less out of the way. Hope this helps some.

Thank you so much for the help .. I didn't know you could write support.. I will look for how to do that.

DeletedUser21053

You can go to support and ask but I don't know of any way to do it. I know if you leave the game the only things you CAN NOT delete or sell are your Main Hall, Barracks & Magic Academy. Sorry
Thank you so much for your help .. I will try that :)

DeletedUser21053

@Sabriea624
The barracks is a very useful building though, so you shouldn't regret placing it. As @SherG26 pointed out it's needed for several quests and events, but using troops in the tournament and world map is significantly cheaper than only using goods.

Thanks .. I am just frustrated by space constraints and I think there was an option to place or not . I Just thought it was part of the game but realized I would rather negotiate than fight. Anyway thank you for the input.. I will see where it leads me :)

DeletedUser21053

I have had no issues through both building my military to strength and building up my manufactories. I cannot know what your specific beef with having a Barracks is, short of being a philosophical pacifist. ( I refuse to believe that is the case because projecting one's philosophical beliefs into a imaginary game world would seem to me to be patently ludicrous on it's face ). The only effect of pursuing both strategies is that one is forced, imo, to grow in a more gradual, balanced way which takes more time. Is your problem merely a issue of not enough space?

Not to correct, but to just as an addendum to @Silvianar 's post. You also are not able to sell/delete the Builders' Hut.

Actually I am just frustrated with lack of space to do what I want... but I know I have to be patient and take the space when I can ... I was also surprised to find out that when I purchase an expansion with diamonds the next one goes up 250 diamonds! ... so needless to say I think I will just be patient and hopefully earn more space and it won't be an issue :) Thank you for your input :)

DeletedUser21053

You have to actually build the trader, magic academy and barracks and once built you can not get rid of them.. Is it even possible to progress in the game with out building these? Its been a long while since I had a new city and cant remember if it will even let you progress with out building them?

Yes I can't remember if I had the choice to place.. I believe I did .. yes you still have to add it to your inventory but I think I didn't have to place it but foolishly did but as everyone is saying .. it will come in handy .. thank you for your input :)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The buildings that can't be deleted are such as they believe they are integral to the game. While one could get by without certain ones (trader, MA, barracks) you would also severely hinder your progress. While others like builders and MH are non-negotiable.

As these are seen as key to the game I seriously doubt they will remove it for you. The better approach is finding the root of the problem in the first place, which might be space?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Sabriea624
The reason you have space issues is that your city is a marble boosted city with steel and plank factories
You can see this in your mainhall or by pressing the hotkey "S"
This means that your city gets a bonus when making marble, but not when you make planks or steel.
The game is designed in such a way that you are supposed to trade your marble for steel and planks, not produce all 3 yourself.

If you delete all of your steel and planks you can upgrade your marble(and add a few if you want) and you'll have loads more production, space, culture, population etc.

Note: When you are starting out you will not find trades that you can take in the trader (they will usually be too big for you) but if you post trades they should get taken.
A good fellowship can help with this.

Vergazi

Actually I am just frustrated with lack of space to do what I want... but I know I have to be patient and take the space when I can ... I was also surprised to find out that when I purchase an expansion with diamonds the next one goes up 250 diamonds! ... so needless to say I think I will just be patient and hopefully earn more space and it won't be an issue :) Thank you for your input :)
I feel your pain on the space issue. Yes, patience is key If you wont or can't spend much on the game. If it's any consolation to you...gradual, patient growth I've found allowed me to grow my city in a more balanced, i believe, way and time to learn much more about the game before I waded too deep into it's waters. Also, if the Barracks is a source of irritation, then just don't ever upgrade it and it won't take up even more space than it does at present. Mine has gotten alarmingly huge already and I'm only a few chapters into the research tree so far. Good luck and hope you stick with Elvenar it's a great game...and have fun! :)

DeletedUser51

I would just like to confirm what most have said here - the Main Hall, Trader, Builders Hut, Magic Academy and Barracks are all considered 'permanent' and even support is not able to remove them once they are placed as they are considered essential.

Technically it IS possible to play without some of these buildings, and we do have several players who do not have them all, but a player would not be able to progress through the questlines easily or efficiently without them :)

DeletedUser21053

The buildings that can't be deleted are such as they believe they are integral to the game. While one could get by without certain ones (trader, MA, barracks) you would also severely hinder your progress. While others like builders and MH are non-negotiable.

As these are seen as key to the game I seriously doubt they will remove it for you. The better approach is finding the root of the problem in the first place, which might be space?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.. I am starting to get it now ... been playing daily for a few weeks now .. of course ... didn't read directions first LOL.... I really appreciate the help!

DeletedUser21053

I feel your pain on the space issue. Yes, patience is key If you wont or can't spend much on the game. If it's any consolation to you...gradual, patient growth I've found allowed me to grow my city in a more balanced, i believe, way and time to learn much more about the game before I waded too deep into it's waters. Also, if the Barracks is a source of irritation, then just don't ever upgrade it and it won't take up even more space than it does at present. Mine has gotten alarmingly huge already and I'm only a few chapters into the research tree so far. Good luck and hope you stick with Elvenar it's a great game...and have fun! :)

Thank you so much I am enjoying it very much! I got to level 2 upgrade before I figured out I didn't need it .. in the meantime trained a lot of soldiers lol. I agree with your input... I am happy with the balance I have and see what you mean :) Thank you!