• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is this set worth using Royal Restorations?

hoopity

If you're like me, you wonder how to best use Royal Restorations. I made a spreadsheet for myself to make a little easier to understand what I would gain from upgrading part, or all, of a particular set. I find that because of the set bonuses and shifting rewards as you level up in chapters it can be a little hard to tell at a glance what would change as you spend your precious RR.

Elvenar Building Sets spreadsheet

This spreadsheet assumes that you have one copy of each building and every building achieves the full set bonus. If anyone finds this useful, I will add other sets later this week.

elvenbee

1687793165916.png

This is what I receive when I attempt to look at it

Pheryll

Set Designer
One feature that I would look for is, would a similar building be offered later that would offer similar benefits. For example, I upgrade my 4 frost carved Christmas trees, because the incomplete set I have is unique in its high production of mana.

hoopity

@elvenbee I'm not sure what the issue is -- I have no trouble opening that link from an incognito browser. Here's a direct link if you'd like to try this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1asazbYRj5FSeDnM8ketIQx7P81iXvNygcKfOIzChixk

@Pheryll I agree! Having something like you're describing would be a gold-standard for making min/max decisions. If idavis or the elvenarchitect person have already solved this problem, I'd love to know more. I haven't made a 2023 version, but last year I put together this spreadsheet for comparing event buildings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...95w7AMyfeAcVAzqIOMDB_X6rVg/edit#gid=555201070 . I wanted to be able to see roughly how powerful newly available event buildings are compared with recent similar offerings.

elvenbee

@elvenbee I'm not sure what the issue is -- I have no trouble opening that link from an incognito browser. Here's a direct link if you'd like to try this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1asazbYRj5FSeDnM8ketIQx7P81iXvNygcKfOIzChixk

@Pheryll I agree! Having something like you're describing would be a gold-standard for making min/max decisions. If idavis or the elvenarchitect person have already solved this problem, I'd love to know more. I haven't made a 2023 version, but last year I put together this spreadsheet for comparing event buildings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...95w7AMyfeAcVAzqIOMDB_X6rVg/edit#gid=555201070 . I wanted to be able to see roughly how powerful newly available event buildings are compared with recent similar offerings.
Super cool, thank you :)

Genefer

However, when I decide if I want to keep a building, because if it is not worth upgrading it has no value to the city, I evaluate value relative to other options and the potential value.

With Ancient Wonders the value of a building becomes variable

Chapter 16 Forbidden Ruins - 41,250 mana/ 3,437.5 per tile
Chapter 17 Forbidden Ruins - 42,900 mana/3,575 per tile
Gain of 1,650 mana/137.5 per tile

Chapter 16 Hungry Treasure - 19,400 mana/1,616 per tile
Chapter 17 Hungry Treasure - 20,000 mana/1,666 per tile
Gain of 600 mana/50 per tile

Chapter 16 Manta Ray - 26,000 mana/2,166 per tile
Chapter 17 Manta Ray - 27,000 mana/2,250 per til
Gain of 1,000 mana/83.3 per tile

When looking at the value of the Forbidden Ruin from Chapter 16 to 17 the gain seems absurdly low

However, when you compare the increase in mana with the Manta Ray and Hungry Treasure - the Forbidden Ruin is the clear choice.

Excluding Ancient Wonder influence - the Manta Ray is a better choice than the Hungry Treasure

However, with the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood Enchanted and Polished Mana Culture buildings have a significantly higher potential value, but it is dependent on the building being polished by another player.

Looking only at the Chapter 16 Values

My level 24 Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood increases the mana production on Polished Enchanted Mana Culture (excluding bonus productions

A Chapter 16 Forbidden Ruins has a Base Mana Production value of 25,000 mana & a culture value of 8,100.

A Chapter 16 Manta Ray has a Base Mana Production value of 26,000 mana & a Culture value of 2,700.

A Chapter 16 Hungry Treasure has a Base Mana Production value of 19,400 mana & a Culture Value of 6,100

The Forbidden Ruins Potential Mana Value is 45,625 + Bonus for a total Potential Mana Value of 61,875 mana / 5,156.25 mana per tile - a value increase of 1,6718 mana per tile.

The Culture Value of the Forbidden Ruins is high enough that mine is polished for 99.9999% of my collections.

The Hungry Treasure's Potential Mana Value is 35,405 mana/ 2,950 per tile, and the potential of the building being polished when collected is also 99%.

However, with a Culture Value of 2,700 the probability of the Manta Ray being polished is extremely low. With such a low culture value and rarity of it being polished the Potential Mana Value is unreliable making the Hungry Treasure the better choice.

Also, as I level my Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood the Potential Value of the Hungry Treasure will continue to increase - while the Manta Ray might be polished occasionally the value will basically remain 26,000 mana.

Chapter 16 Sorcerer's Feast of the Ruins Set has a total value of 27,250 mana/4,541 per tile - well worth upgrading.

Other Considerations -
The Potential Culture Value of a building - important for the Culture Bonus
As far as the T3 of the Ruins - how many productions and the cost of producing the equivalent in a factory?

As long as this is, it is really a simplification of the variables worth the considering when evaluating the value of buildings.

Genefer

Also, lol

When considering the value of buildings that produce Standard, Sentient, and Ascended Goods be sure to account for the cost of resources for factory productions.

Example - The Chapter 16 Citadel
ST1: 19,558
Seeds: 2,556

Again, considering the set is 42 tiles the value doesn't seem like much, but - the basic unit production of a Level 31 Platinum factory - is 6,000 units - the Seed Cost is 3,000 - 2 units of platinum for each seed.

Based on the entire cost of 42 tiles for the Set

The ST1 Value of the Citadel is 19,558 units/466 per tile
The Seed Value of the Citadel is 12,335 seeds/293.6 per tile

The highest per tile value seed/culture of Chapter 16 buildings is 310 seeds - and 0 Sentient Goods

With the Pyramid of Purification - the Orc collection also increases the Sentient Goods & Seed value of the Citadel

Any Sentient Goods acquired through Culture or Ancient Wonders increase your city's available Sentient, Seed, Standard Goods, Coins, and Supplies.