• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

It's Lent again...favorite fish dishes? ( yet another food thread )

Vergazi

Pan-Fried Great Lakes Whitefish ( with crispy tater tots...weird? )

I lightly coat with seasoned flour...then dip in seasoned egg wash..then back into the flour...then back into the egg wash...then finally into fine cracker crumbs or panko. Pan fry in about an inch of oil...mediumish heat...takes some adjusting because the fish fillets vary on thickness and so forth. Sometimes i add a slight touch of garlic powder and cayenne to the flour for a bit of a nice kick.

SnowdancerKala

Ah fish, my go to food. Tuna melts are my current favorite. Buttered toast, mayo, tuna (any fish really) top it off with cheese... What
a flavor combo.
Oh yes now I need to go make one. Maybe I'll use a little cardamom this time and salmon, yummy!

Vergazi

Well..it's not too different from a tuna salad sandwich i guess? I'd try it! :D Almost anything with cheese is good!

SnowdancerKala

Oh, I agree. I just love cheese and fish. I'm looking forward to trying the whitefish. Pan fried sounds great. I
usually do it in the oven with veggies and mild spices.

Vergazi

Oh, I agree. I just love cheese and fish. I'm looking forward to trying the whitefish. Pan fried sounds great. I
usually do it in the oven with veggies and mild spices.
Don't hate on me, but i do like a good Filet-o-Fish and my sister swears by the Crispy Fish Sandwich from Arbys. ( Disclaimer--I never had a fish meal anywhere I didn't like...though the ones with pesky bones do try my patience )

@snowdancerKala , what kind of spices do you put on the fish in the oven?